Marathonmona's 8 week 800 calorie diet

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Thanks Peerless67

I must say, had a little bit of a wobble today; my appetite is still quite healthy and went slightly over 1000 calories. Then, just now I NEARLY grabbed the bag of jumbo chilli peanuts but I stopped myself and had a nice milky decaf instead. Phew.
God it's hard sometimes (hope that doesn't sound too dramatic ha).

Reactions: Peerless67

koukSundo1188

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Thanks!!
I'm so huuuuuuuungry

When ur soooooo huuuuuuuuuuuungry:
1. Think "DRINK and eat" - Repeat those 3 words 21 times! NEVER THINK "eat and DRINK" -- big difference.
2. DO "3by3s" - 3 PUSH-UPS on your knees, 3 squats with ur arms swinging forward as u squat down, 3 situps if u can find a mat and a furniture to hook ur toes under (keep ur knees bent) << INSTEAD of situps u can do 3 Ab_squeezes (to start with inhale & exhale becoming aware of ur rising belly on the inhale and ur falling belly on the exhale. After feeling confident in the routine after a few breaths then hold ur breath in a fully exhaled position and tug ur Abdominals in tightly for about 8-10 seconds. Repeat about 3 times).
  • heat up some filtered water
  • put 1 tsp of coconut oil into a cup
  • pour the heated water onto it
  • pour the cup into a 1 ltr glass of filtered water (i save empty containers for sprouting purposes)
  • technically ur done,
  • but one could add onto that 1 tbs of Chlorophyll liquid (it contains Vegetable Glycerin which tastes sweet but does not affect bs)
  • imo you could even chew a mix of nuts with the above concoction, just to give ur brain some 'hunger fixing good feeling'
Keep us posted or ur practices please

Reactions: marathonmona

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
When ur soooooo huuuuuuuuuuuungry:
1. Think "DRINK and eat" - Repeat those 3 words 21 times! NEVER THINK "eat and DRINK" -- big difference.
2. DO "3by3s" - 3 PUSH-UPS on your knees, 3 squats with ur arms swinging forward as u squat down, 3 situps if u can find a mat and a furniture to hook ur toes under (keep ur knees bent) << INSTEAD of situps u can do 3 Ab_squeezes (to start with inhale & exhale becoming aware of ur rising belly on the inhale and ur falling belly on the exhale. After feeling confident in the routine after a few breaths then hold ur breath in a fully exhaled position and tug ur Abdominals in tightly for about 8-10 seconds. Repeat about 3 times).
  • heat up some filtered water
  • put 1 tsp of coconut oil into a cup
  • pour the heated water onto it
  • pour the cup into a 1 ltr glass of filtered water (i save empty containers for sprouting purposes)
  • technically ur done,
  • but one could add onto that 1 tbs of Chlorophyll liquid (it contains Vegetable Glycerin which tastes sweet but does not affect bs)
  • imo you could even chew a mix of nuts with the above concoction, just to give ur brain some 'hunger fixing good feeling'
Keep us posted or ur practices please

Thank you.
I'll try this.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Then, just now I NEARLY grabbed the bag of jumbo chilli peanuts but I stopped myself and had a nice milky decaf instead. Phew.
God it's hard sometimes (hope that doesn't sound too dramatic ha).

If I feel hungry I have a mug of Bovril - works every time.

Step AWAY from the peanuts!! STEP AWAY FROM THE PEANUTS!!!! I like peanuts - apart from they make me cough - my big problem with them is the carb content in them always makes me feel hungry for more carbs.

How did you enjoy your first day back at school? Did you stick with the plan of taking a packed lunch??

I have had a strange day. I have been eating very much to plan and yet mid afternoon I felt a bit odd so I tested my BG (always the first port of call when I don't feel right) and it was 9.2!! I drank lots of water and took an ibuprofen (I have arthritis and sometimes the inflammation pushed my BG up) and after half an hour or so it started to come back down quite quickly - I was back down to 5.4 by dinner time. Weird as I haven't felt any severe arthritis pain to trigger this - just the usual grumbling bits and pieces.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm going to have to try the Bovril!

Peanuts are my crack and so is peanut butter. Could quite easily live off them! But they're best off avoided, for now hehe.

School went well! Took my low carb ham and cheese sandwich AND ONLY HAD THAT, despite there being pizza and Prosecco gifted to us as a thank you for brilliant GCSE results this year. I had a glass of water and NO pizza. Halo!!!
Oh how strange that you had that little episode today; goes to show though that you're pretty in tune with your body.
I'm happy with my day. It gives me confidence that I can do this.

Btw, not only was there pizza and bubbly, there was chocolate cake and mojito cheesecake on offer too... I passed. Wooohoooo!!!

Reactions: Serena51

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not keeping motivated, eating when not hungry too much of the time. Need to up my distractions
I asked my DN if I could go on to yearly tests (I really don't like my DN) but she said no, it has to be every six months. She really doesn't support me at all on low carb and I daren't mention ND to her.....
Is there any way you can get a different DN or change practises if that's possible, I'd complain about the lack of support but then I'm quite gobby and lucky that my DN is very supportive of low carb/ impressed with previous HBA1C levels dropping. I need to go back on the 800 cal diet I think

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not keeping motivated, eating when not hungry too much of the time. Need to up my distractions
Loving all your progress, I really, really have to get back into eating much less. My food choices are good but my portion sizes are not, I managed to lose 2 stone total whilst doing the 800 cal blood sugar diet a year ago. I've put on a stone so still a stone down and keeping it off but my BS readings are creeping up again. This is with eating out a lot too so while I'm impressed that I've kept a stone off I know I can do better :D

If you get stuck for recipes then https://thebloodsugardiet.com has a really good forum also in terms of how long people stay eating this way, one of the original members of that forum stayed eating that way for well over a year.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Is there any way you can get a different DN or change practises if that's possible, I'd complain about the lack of support but then I'm quite gobby and lucky that my DN is very supportive of low carb/ impressed with previous HBA1C levels dropping. I need to go back on the 800 cal diet I think

I wish.... actually I will probably have a new DN quite shortly as they don't tend to stay long at my GPs' surgery. I don't think I've ever seen the same one twice. Unfortunately I live in a small village and there is only one GPs' surgery so I'm stuck with them.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Loving all your progress, I really, really have to get back into eating much less. My food choices are good but my portion sizes are not, I managed to lose 2 stone total whilst doing the 800 cal blood sugar diet a year ago. I've put on a stone so still a stone down and keeping it off but my BS readings are creeping up again. This is with eating out a lot too so while I'm impressed that I've kept a stone off I know I can do better :D

If you get stuck for recipes then https://thebloodsugardiet.com has a really good forum also in terms of how long people stay eating this way, one of the original members of that forum stayed eating that way for well over a year.

Thank you for the link. :)

I'm not finding the ND (with real food) this time to be as much of a punishment as it was the last couple of times I did it (and failed - better preparation this time) - so I'm thinking of keeping on with it on weekdays only when I come to the end of my 8 or 12 weeks.

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you for the link. :)

I'm not finding the ND (with real food) this time to be as much of a punishment as it was the last couple of times I did it (and failed - better preparation this time) - so I'm thinking of keeping on with it on weekdays only when I come to the end of my 8 or 12 weeks.
I found that wanting to eat was more just a want than actually feeling hungry a lot of the time. I just have to drink a pint of water or something instead and get on with it, especially because it really works when I'm paying attention :D

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm going to have to try the Bovril!

Peanuts are my crack and so is peanut butter. Could quite easily live off them! But they're best off avoided, for now hehe.

School went well! Took my low carb ham and cheese sandwich AND ONLY HAD THAT, despite there being pizza and Prosecco gifted to us as a thank you for brilliant GCSE results this year. I had a glass of water and NO pizza. Halo!!!
Oh how strange that you had that little episode today; goes to show though that you're pretty in tune with your body.
I'm happy with my day. It gives me confidence that I can do this.

Btw, not only was there pizza and bubbly, there was chocolate cake and mojito cheesecake on offer too... I passed. Wooohoooo!!!
That is great, so much harder to avoid eating horrible, nasty (but oh so tempting) food when it's just sitting there. You definitely can do this because you already are :D

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That is great, so much harder to avoid eating horrible, nasty (but oh so tempting) food when it's just sitting there. You definitely can do this because you already are :D

Thank you .
The cakes were still there today and I did feel kinda hangry. But I stuck with it and had 4 slices of bacon and three boiled eggs for tea. Sounds meagre but oh my word was it delicious. And I'm still full.
Feeling a bit guilty as I've not had veggies today but feeling fine

Reactions: NoCrbs4Me

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Muzzer - its here :)

Weighing day No. 3 for me

This week I have lost only 3lbs making a total lost since beginning the ND of 13lbs

Monday 14th August - my BMI was 34.7
Monday 21st August - my BMI was 33.1
Monday 28th August - my BMI is 32.6

My waist is now 2.5 inches less than it was when I started

FBGs as follows:

22.08.17 - 7.2
23.08.17 - 6.3
24.08.17 - 6.7
25.08.17 - 4.9
26.08.17 - 5.2
27.08.17 - 5.7
28.08.17 - 5.7 - (today)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you .
The cakes were still there today and I did feel kinda hangry. But I stuck with it and had 4 slices of bacon and three boiled eggs for tea. Sounds meagre but oh my word was it delicious. And I'm still full.
Feeling a bit guilty as I've not had veggies today but feeling fine

Big well done on avoiding CAKE again!!! :)

Mmmmmmm bacon - okay - I think that sorts out what I'm having for breakfast!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
How's that halo today? Still shining?? Your post about cake at work reminds me how many calories I used to eat (mainly at work) just to be polite - but I did it again today.

I've been dreaming of cake - or, more specifically, of eating cake - and feeling guilty about it. I've had it for the past three nights which strange for me because I don't usually remember dreams. The only thing different in each dream is the type of cake.... mmmmmm

I think my metabolism is adjusting - my ketostix are no longer turning a pretty purple colour but staying beige and I know that I haven't lost much weight (if anything) this week. On the plus side I am not feeling at all hungry and skipped breakfast. I only ate lunch today because a friend made it for me. This evening I am cooking a big roast dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday (the same one that made me lunch) which is why I had intended to fast today but that plan went a bit wrong so I will have to even things out a bit by skipping breakfast tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Goonergal

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
How's that halo today? Still shining?? Your post about cake at work reminds me how many calories I used to eat (mainly at work) just to be polite - but I did it again today.

I've been dreaming of cake - or, more specifically, of eating cake - and feeling guilty about it. I've had it for the past three nights which strange for me because I don't usually remember dreams. The only thing different in each dream is the type of cake.... mmmmmm

I think my metabolism is adjusting - my ketostix are no longer turning a pretty purple colour but staying beige and I know that I haven't lost much weight (if anything) this week. On the plus side I am not feeling at all hungry and skipped breakfast. I only ate lunch today because a friend made it for me. This evening I am cooking a big roast dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday (the same one that made me lunch) which is why I had intended to fast today but that plan went a bit wrong so I will have to even things out a bit by skipping breakfast tomorrow morning.

Good evening!

Well, the halo slipped off yesterday but I placed it back firmly as soon as I made it fall off.

I've been chugging along nicely but the fact that I'm not participating in people's offerings has made me sad! Ha! Sad! I am angry for feeling like that; I should be rejoicing in the fact I've been so strong.

Have had some lovely comments about the weight loss. I didn't think people would notice ten pounds but they have

So last night I felt hungry as per usual and long story short, I ate a kebab. A dirty doner kebab with salad and garlic mayo. It was the BEST one I'd ever had. BUT I had a small one, no chips and didn't have the usual whole pot of garlic mayo, just a squirt or two. I'm so glad nobody saw me eating it because I probably looked like a lion devouring its prey after not having had any food for a month...

I did worry about this little episode kicking off some serious other habits but it didn't. I wanted it, I ate it and that was it. Back to it this morning. And yet again, I managed to say no to homemade chilli bread, Président butter, cheese, homemade scones, clotted cream and strawberry jam. God we love food in our department. And do you know what? I'm the only overweight person there! How do they do it?? I felt sad again for not participating and sat there with my cup of boullion...

Had bacon and eggs for tea.

I'm not feeling guilty and will keep going. Will weigh on Monday morning. Hopefully a few pounds off.

@Chook. Cake. Oh my god. I. Love. Cake. I'll never not love it.

Hope you have a lovely roast tonight, and maybe a glass of red? Enjoy it!

Mona xx

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I've just found a recipe for both pasta sheets for lasagne AND garlic bread on the Diet dr site. Will definitely be trying those! I've made keto rolls a few times from the keto diet app site. They are really nice and freeze well so you don't have to eat the whole batch at once :D Which is very tempting to do I must admit. @marathonmona - yep, never let the little stumbles trip you up. Probably better to occasionally have what you are craving and then it's done than to keep feeling like you are 'missing out' and then just going back to the tempting stuff again. @Chook - I've been bad for eating too much protein stuff which I think is turning back to sugars as I'm pretty low carb and have been for a year..... had a huge veg stir fry last night though so that was good (home made)

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So 3 weeks completed
I have lost a grand total of a pound this week... Mmmmmmmm.
Total weight loss 11 and a half pounds.
FBG of 5.5
2 and a half inches off my waist.

I have read of people stalling at some point so I'll keep on; can't believe I've stuck with it for this long!
Lots of positives, which I haven't got time for this morning but I'll lost later.
Have a great day everyone!

Mona xx

Reactions: Chook