What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Breakfast - none

Lunch - Shake Shack. Bunless cheeseburger with lettuce tomato onion and mayonnaise.

Dinner - well, more of a dessert really. Chocolate chia pudding with raspberries and cream.

shoesy24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Off the wagon, had rice and bread last night. Out for dinner with other mum friends. Not as much as I normally would. Didn’t do FBG- or tests all day- maybe mistake be interesting to see what it would have been. Oh well.

Breakfast: nothing instant milky coffee.
Snack 6 almonds lots of water
Lunch 2 scrambled eggs and 2 rashes of bacon 2 mozzarella balls
Lots of sparkling water
Dinner sea-bass cauliflower and broccoli.
2 hrs after 6.9
happy days!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Off the wagon, had rice and bread last night. Out for dinner with other mum friends. Not as much as I normally would. Didn’t do FBG- or tests all day- maybe mistake be interesting to see what it would have been. Oh well.

Breakfast: nothing instant milky coffee.
Snack 6 almonds lots of water
Lunch 2 scrambled eggs and 2 rashes of bacon 2 mozzarella balls
Lots of sparkling water
Dinner sea-bass cauliflower and broccoli.
2 hrs after 6.9
happy days!
Great stuff shoesy24. Have you got your strips from your Doc yet?

Reactions: shoesy24

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: mushroom and bacon omelette
L: veg heavy bolognese sauce with a little potato dauphinoise
D: two coconut wraps filled with salad and a tablespoon of homemade coronation chicken.

Also two squares 70% choc and am considering a small bowl of strawbs n cream.

JenniferG

Instant Raspberry Vanilla Ice Cream (4g)
(click for my recipe above)

301ijjp.jpg

Vhm1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Breakfast/lunch: Some raw veg (cauliflower and bell pepper) and guacamole. Supper: A salad with mixed lettuces, a tomato, some chopped fennel bulb and bell pepper, some left over protein (a small piece of fish and a turkey sausage) chopped up and thrown on top with some blue cheese dressing and a glass of water. Having some decaf coffee and a square or two of Lindt 90 percent.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Sunday....

Breakfast: Split and toasted Lidl protein roll topped with melted cheese and baked beans

Lunch: 150g fresh raspberries

Dinner: Roast Lamb, a spoon each of cauliflower cheese, roast parsnip, carrots and broad beans, then filled the rest of my plate with brussel sprouts and runner beans - plus some gravy

Dessert: 50g of the usual Alpro Chocolate and Hazelnut ice cream (Its so yummy - even so I'm surprised I'm not getting tired of it yet)

Drinks: Yorkshire Decaff Tea with breakfast, Tassimo Kenco decaff coffee at mid morning then sparkling mineral water until dinner. Then a glass or three of red wine.

Yes, far too many carbs - but somehow my BG managed to cope and was reasonable levels all day

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday....

Breakfast: Split and toasted Lidl protein roll topped with melted cheese and baked beans

Lunch: 150g fresh raspberries

Dinner: Roast Lamb, a spoon each of cauliflower cheese, roast parsnip, carrots and broad beans, then filled the rest of my plate with brussel sprouts and runner beans - plus some gravy

Dessert: 50g of the usual Alpro Chocolate and Hazelnut ice cream (Its so yummy - even so I'm surprised I'm not getting tired of it yet)

Drinks: Yorkshire Decaff Tea with breakfast, Tassimo Kenco decaff coffee at mid morning then sparkling mineral water until dinner. Then a glass or three of red wine.

Yes, far too many carbs - but somehow my BG managed to cope and was reasonable levels all day
I envy you your baked beans @Chook. I'd love to be able to have a little again one day - but not now! Yesterday's bigger meal pushed me a little higher than the 4's I've been having so back to the 24hr fasts again.
New sensor is still behaving at 0.2 of a difference.

Reactions: mo53 and ziggy_w

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well my usual bigger and later Sunday dinner took me out of the 4's and into 7's galore! Bed 6.7 FBG 5.7 but DP got to 7.7 before it turned. So a little higher but not fatal. Back on the straight and narrow today
B. Nothing
L. Nothing as before just water until dinner
D. Leftovers - don't want to waste that lovely roasted rib eye. So rib eye, last of the romanesco, last of the asperagus and mushrooms. Will probably find it necessary to have chia pudding and 6 raspberries too.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I envy you your baked beans @Chook. I'd love to be able to have a little again one day - but not now! Yesterday's bigger meal pushed me a little higher than the 4's I've been having so back to the 24hr fasts again.
New sensor is still behaving at 0.2 of a difference.

It was only a quarter can of baked beans but - like you - baked beans is something I've missed. I did go out for a slow 45 minutes walk with the dogs after so maybe that helped reduce the spike quickly.

Reactions: mo53 and ziggy_w

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Ended up eating way more than I intended today.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - was planning on skipping but ended up lunch shopping with a colleague. Cobbled together from Co-op: 2 slices roast beef, 1.5 hard boiled eggs, 2 mini Babybels.

Dinner - made the zucchini grilled cheese (see pic). Was nice but not sure it is worth the faff . Accompanied by bacon and followed by small portion of chocolate chia pudding and cream and far too much Hema 85% chocolate. Think I’m going to have to knock that on the head as it’s far easier to over eat than the Lindt 90%.

49629C6D-8DB3-491D-BA8F-340A45952554.jpeg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Ended up eating way more than I intended today.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - was planning on skipping but ended up lunch shopping with a colleague. Cobbled together from Co-op: 2 slices roast beef, 1.5 hard boiled eggs, 2 mini Babybels.

Dinner - made the zucchini grilled cheese (see pic). Was nice but not sure it is worth the faff . Accompanied by bacon and followed by small portion of chocolate chia pudding and cream and far too much Hema 85% chocolate. Think I’m going to have to knock that on the head as it’s far easier to over eat than the Lindt 90%.

View attachment 24124
You get quicker the more you make it.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
Milky coffee
B: Bacon & egg muffin
L: Hovis Low carb wholemeal butty with cheddar cheese spread
T: Dolmio mushroom, garlic & white wine chicken tray bake with fine beans
Tea & sparkling water throughout the day

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You get quicker the more you make it.

May give it another go. But maybe not after work - kitchen was a disaster zone.

Also wondering whether I’d get the same effect by just frying sliced courgette and onion and then topping with cheese and baking - a lot simpler!

Reactions: mo53 and Chook

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello

B - nothing
L - a cup of homemade broccoli and cauliflower soup with cheddar and bacon, 1/2 a lidl protein roll with butter. Very tasty. Have also made spicy butternut squash soup with coconut and chicken.
D - was dd broccoli and cauliflower gratin with sausages.

X

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday ...

Still on a quest to up my protein intake -- but still keeping protein portion size smaller.

Breakfast: Two decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: about 100g of tartar with two fried eggs and mayonnaise.

Dinner: Half a steak with guacamole, a cornsalad with Caesar's dressing and parmesan cheese.

Snacks: Two smallish low-carb peanut butter cookies (about 3 to 4 cm in diameter and approximately 6g of carbs per 100g).

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today (Monday) ...

Breakfast: Two double espressos with cream and xylitol. A hamburger with cheese, tomato, guacamole, low-carb ketchup on a homemade low-carb roll.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: A glass of red wine, Swiss char with sambal oelek, galangal, garlic and prawns; mashed celeriac and carrots. The celeriac-carrot mash turned out yummy, but will need to test blood sugars afterwards to see if it works for me.

Snack: One sugar-free Werther's.