What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice sunny day, and a 6.7 for me, and my moderately risky feet. Podiatrists was interesting. My first ever pedicure. And also a bit puzzled when they tried to tune my big toes. An odd sensation, and I count my self lucky I could feel it. Was complemented on my foot care and shoes (ok, walking boots). Odd bit was being told I didn't need to cut my toenails, just come back in 4 months and they'd do it. Not sure if thats so they can check growth rate, but my nails grow pretty fast, so come May, I may do a passable impression of a werewolf.

And then I got to test my newly tuned feet by walking home because town centre was gridlocked, and buses couldn't move. Was quite a struggle, but managed it. This pleased me :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...my new fit bit tells me I had a whole seven hours sleep last night...needed it...my dodgy knee seems to have settled down...so missed my walking with H yesterday...did manage an hour on the exercise bike...but not quite the same...a little paperwork...some invoicing...then the rest of the day is mine...woke to a 5.4.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.3 today

@Granny_grump_ , @Bubbsie good luck with your upcoming reviews (they can be quite strange can't they? ) my thought is that if what I'm doing is working for me then I'm going to keep on doing it :happy: 20 months on from diagnosis lowish carb and healthy fat is now my lifestyle.
Same here geeful...definitely a LCHF devotee...its working for me...however seems just before most of my reviews a 'little something' arrives...the last one got an infection...the antibiotics worked but raised my overall average...feeling philosophical this time...can only do my best...similar history my diagnosis was around 20 months ago...I will be continuing with my LCHF routine...despite advice to the contrary from the DSN at our practice...I now have my reviews with my GP...no longer see the DSN (only saw her once when she was new at my surgery) who when she learned I was testing/LCHF she described me as obsessive...that was enough for me...crossed her off my list!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BG of 7.1 at 2.05am.
Its gonna be a long long day as I have about 280 miles to drive on top of a 9.5 hour working day. Who the hell would want to be a pharmacist..?
I have to do a lot of travelling with my work Ymdawd...often think/feel the exactly the same...only at the odd moment...we all have times like that...think of the difference you make...it's worthwhile:).