What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 6.6 at 7.45 am on this very wet day. What happened to the sun? Glad that I managed to plant my hanging baskets and containers yesterday, even though my back doesn't agree with me! :arghh:Minor challenges ahead this morning getting my dear anxious mum to take her tablets, get ready on time including providing a urine sample for the nurse :nurse:and persuading her to go for her 2nd Vit. B12 injection , her weekly visit to the hairdresser, out for lunch then to collect her pension. All interspersed with much needed reassurance and repeated explanations which are usually to no avail but I can only do my best.:angelic: Get your wellies on, splash in the puddles and enjoy your day one and all.:)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

having a quieter day today, it rained here overnight and it's too wet to get on with the strimming so we're going out for a walk and nice lchf lunch ;)

@ianpspurs interesting information about the 'METS' units I hadn't seen that before and good news for me because I quite enjoy raking in the garden.

Have a good day everyone :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good Morening Ladies , Gentlemen and those of an indeterminate gender. I think that covers most , if not, tough go buy a boat and paddle your own canoe.

A low 6.6 from me this morning. If my figures were as low as some of you are striving for ie low 4's I would be back in the Q.E. hospital in Birmingham.
Question for people without other medical conditions is not approximately 4 getting near hypo territory ?

Have a good one folks. I hope to, too, two take your pick. xxx

Yes I can get the hypo feeling around 4 it varies though
You have to be 5 minimum for you to drive a car if you inject insulin

I don’t want to be under 5

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Yes I can get the hypo feeling around 4 it varies though
You have to be 5 minimum for you to drive a car if you inject insulin

I don’t want to be under 5

Thanks for useful info. If I ever get that low I'll get the skateboard out hehehehe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Love your style @dunelm top.top man:woot:

Thank you my good man.
Just finished my daily chores - bit of HITT on my bike (got a gadget that you fit the back wheel into to turn it into a fitness bike), few kettlebell swings. Blood sugars up from 5.4 at fasting to just 5.8 after exercise.

Someone nice, me, has sent these in the post.
IMG_0070.jpg

Happy days

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Thank my good man.
Just finished my daily chores - bit of HITT on my bike (got a gadget that you fit the back wheel into to turn it into a fitness bike), few kettlebell swings. Blood sugars up from 5.4 at fasting to just 5.8 after exercise.

Someone nice, me, has sent these in the post.View attachment 26368

Happy days

Are you joining the gang behind the bike sheds tonight for a party? Bring those bottles with you

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We are moving orf topic so have a good day and bring a smile to a stranger's face. That's a challenge .

Alf I rose to your challenge and indulged in a bit of banter with the old chap at the municipal dump where I was chucking out a load of old junk.
All was going well until he suggested we go off somewhere for a bite of lunch and a bottle!
It wasn’t so much a toothless smile as a salacious leer. Does that count? I’m reverting to being grumpy tomorrow.

@ianpspurs it worked! The 20min cycling brought bg down from 6.6 (fbg) to 5.9 before breakfast. Very happy with that. :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
are you copying me again k. ;):joyful::joyful:
@karen8967 looks like it, not had time today hubby and myself went to Bury Market not been for years but it's the best market for miles around,fresh fish, meat and fruit and veg and it's spotlessly clean. Had lunch out and a visit to a garden centre then home for tea,grandson on his last 12 hour night shift tonight so meal at five pm, need to feed the worker. Soon be weekend for you again and a few days off work for you, retirement is fine but sometimes I miss going to work! But not enough to come out of retirement, I worked until I was 64 I've always worked just need Geoff to retire now, this is happening in July on his 62nd Birthday so we can enjoy our time together I've been retired 8 years nearly waited long enough! K