Magnificent May Fast!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
last Data for this evening.... had a good day at work I was not hungry but kept thinking having something to eat would be good. I am thinking about how Im going to end my fast. I might end it tomorrow but havent decided will see what tomorrows weigh in revelas
So here we go then....

FBG . 4.2
Ketones 7.4

Sleep well people..... If your not in bed by 11:30 pm come on home lol

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last post for me for today 75.5 hours fasted

BG 4.5
ketones 3.7

Still not quite the evasive 1.0 GKI and bloods not doing their usual trick of going sub 4.0 on day three.

Wonder what tomorrow will bring.. I almost feel a bit bloated.. too much cream maybe.. sweet dreams all see you in the morning.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
last Data for this evening.... had a good day at work I was not hungry but kept thinking having something to eat would be good. I am thinking about how Im going to end my fast. I might end it tomorrow but havent decided will see what tomorrows weigh in revelas
So here we go then....

FBG . 4.2
Ketones 7.4

Sleep well people..... If your not in bed by 11:30 pm come on home lol
7.4! you'll be disappearing if you're not careful .. spontaneous combustion through fat burning?

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Last post for me for today 75.5 hours fasted

BG 4.5
ketones 3.7

Still not quite the evasive 1.0 GKI and bloods not doing their usual trick of going sub 4.0 on day three.

Wonder what tomorrow will bring.. I almost feel a bit bloated.. too much cream maybe.. sweet dreams all see you in the morning.
They are good numbers.

That 7.4 got me worried a bit. But hey ho the adventure continues. I might stop my fast tomorrow afternoon. I havent decided yet. I have grandad duties on Friday and dont want to be in a fasted state when I have him.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My intention to start fast after evening meal tonight has been thwarted. I have been asleep much of the day as I have needed heavy duty antihistamines. So, not one to waste an opportunity, I started fast immediately after breakfast this morning, which was greek yogurt with walnuts and coffee. I have taken on water when awake. No food since breakfast. About 1.5 litres water so far. Will continue sipping water and green tea until I fall asleep again. Which I feel will be soon.

Only stats taken today first thing this morning, fasting BG which was exactly 7.0. Higher than I like, but better than I was seeing for the last month or so following a course of steroid meds. Hopefully will be more alert tomorrow, and check out progress of fellow fasters. I am sure you are all doing well, and ask those of you nearing the end of your May fast to be kind and gentle with yourselves, and especially with me when you post about your end of fast meals. Will remain fasting until Friday evening, if I don't weaken.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
My intention to start fast after evening meal tonight has been thwarted. I have been asleep much of the day as I have needed heavy duty antihistamines. So, not one to waste an opportunity, I started fast immediately after breakfast this morning, which was greek yogurt with walnuts and coffee. I have taken on water when awake. No food since breakfast. About 1.5 litres water so far. Will continue sipping water and green tea until I fall asleep again. Which I feel will be soon.

Only stats taken today first thing this morning, fasting BG which was exactly 7.0. Higher than I like, but better than I was seeing for the last month or so following a course of steroid meds. Hopefully will be more alert tomorrow, and check out progress of fellow fasters. I am sure you are all doing well, and ask those of you nearing the end of your May fast to be kind and gentle with yourselves, and especially with me when you post about your end of fast meals. Will remain fasting until Friday evening, if I don't weaken.

Good for you. Keep at it

Reactions: Pipp

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all fasters. 24.5.2018 5:00 am - 80 hours of fasting. As announced, I’ll end today. But because of ketones elevation to 3.0 (at last!) I am thinking to prolongue it. We’ll have today management party/discussion with reception, it is a question I will resist all the meal which will be there :)

Numbers:
BG: 3.5 (normally I have FBG around 5.2)
Ketones: 3.0 !!! at last... yesterday evening 1.3
BP: 127/77
WGHT: 89.8 kg (BMI 27.1) -3.7 kg
Fat: 23.8 (-2%)
Visceral fat: 10 (-1)

Reactions: thepolly and rab5

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just read through this thread and have learned a lot.

WOW what willpower you all have. Incredible. It's made me hungry!!!

WELL DONE. GREAT RESULTS!!!

Reactions: rab5

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just read through this thread and have learned a lot.

WOW what willpower you all have. Incredible. It's made me hungry!!!

WELL DONE. GREAT RESULTS!!!
We're all turning into fat burning monsters..!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning figures from today 84 hours fasted

FBG 4.5
Ketones 3.8 slightly higher than yesterday but not a lot
Weight 208.8 pounds
Body fat 26.7%
Visceral Fat 12
BMI 28.3

Haven't disappeared yet... good luck to all and happy fasting if you are continuing- well done if you decide to stop.. and enjoy those first meals but remember maybe start with something small to wake up your tum before bombarding it with food. I did that once and the results weren't pretty.....

Edit to add did my blood pressure for the first time in a year yesterday 116/78 which I think is pretty ok?

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, not feeling so good today but I think that could be down to
starting to cycle commute to work the same week I am fasting :)
So one has to fall away so am in the car today.

Anyway todays numbers are:

FBG: 4.7
Ketones: 2.9

I can't seem to get more than 2.9 even when I have gone for a full 7 days
but hey ho everyone is different (or is it special?)

I'll be breaking fast this evening which is always the challenge for me
as not eating I can do (as it's doing nothing.....an expert). Finding something
to eat which does not punish me is something I haven't acheived yet.

So what do you more experienced folks do to break your fasts which doesn't
include Immodium (for which I can reccomend the melting tabs) ?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, not feeling so good today but I think that could be down to
starting to cycle commute to work the same week I am fasting :)
So one has to fall away so am in the car today.

Anyway todays numbers are:

FBG: 4.7
Ketones: 2.9

I can't seem to get more than 2.9 even when I have gone for a full 7 days
but hey ho everyone is different (or is it special?)

I'll be breaking fast this evening which is always the challenge for me
as not eating I can do (as it's doing nothing.....an expert). Finding something
to eat which does not punish me is something I haven't acheived yet.

So what do you more experienced folks do to break your fasts which doesn't
include Immodium (for which I can reccomend the melting tabs) ?
I'll probably break on Sunday lunchtime (have to have mother for lunch) might have some olives and cheese or some cold bacon that winks at me every time I open the fridge door to get the cream out before sous vide pork belly as the main course.
I'm going to transition from the fast to a week (probably longer) of pure carnivore to see if I can reset my lower weight point.

Edit to add aaaarrrgghh! talking about food on a fasting thread sorry guys..

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I'll probably break on Sunday lunchtime (have to have mother for lunch) might have some olives and cheese or some cold bacon that winks at me every time I open the fridge door to get the cream out before sous vide pork belly as the main course.
I'm going to transition from the fast to a week (probably longer) of pure carnivore to see if I can reset my lower weight point.

Edit to add aaaarrrgghh! talking about food on a fasting thread sorry guys..

I don’t think eating your mother is an ethical way to end a fast to be honest. Hannibal.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please don't eat your mother for Sunday lunch @bulkbiker. You will miss her and regret it later. ;):D

After my unintended early start yesterday, I woke this morning with BG of 6.5, then an hour later 8.9. :banghead:
Ketones only at 0.5
Weight not being revealed but far heavier than I would like. Will report any changes, though.
Oedema less than it has been recently, but still have too much in left foot. Fingers still swollen, and joints painful. Headache, but no hunger. Still needing antihistamine for allergies, but will take the lesser sedative sort this morning.
Not revealing waist measurement, but admit to being rounder than I should be. Again will report changes.

Just reading through thread, and impressed with others' achievements and the support for each other. Well done folks.

Going to keep reading, have another look at Jason Fung teachings. Then some strength exercises as the gym followed by a swim.

Have prepared beef bone broth ready for later, if I need it. So far have only needed water.

Reactions: rom35 and rab5

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please don't eat your mother for Sunday lunch @bulkbiker. You will miss her and regret it later. ;):D

After my unintended early start yesterday, I woke this morning with BG of 6.5, then an hour later 8.9. :banghead:
Ketones only at 0.5
Weight not being revealed but far heavier than I would like. Will report any changes, though.
Oedema less than it has been recently, but still have too much in left foot. Fingers still swollen, and joints painful. Headache, but no hunger. Still needing antihistamine for allergies, but will take the lesser sedative sort this morning.
Not revealing waist measurement, but admit to being rounder than I should be. Again will report changes.

Just reading through thread, and impressed with others' achievements and the support for each other. Well done folks.

Going to keep reading, have another look at Jason Fung teachings. Then some strength exercises as the gym followed by a swim.

Have prepared beef bone broth ready for later, if I need it. So far have only needed water.
Try the broth with some butter melted in it.. very satisfying.. and no as I said above she's very old and tough..

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Great result.

I think you did the right thing if you were not feeling right. Showed courage to do that. Well done.
Thanks mate, I am quite stubborn, so thought about styling it out, as I had only seen lows like that with my Freestyle Libre (always reads low with me for some reason); so after verifying on a second meter it was game over for me.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Try the broth with some butter melted in it.. very satisfying.. and no as I said above she's very old and tough..
Cheers, will do so if I feel the need. Usually when fasting I stick to water, coffee and peppermint or green tea with lemon. I find if I veer from this and have food of any sort I feel the need to eat more, and risk breaking the fast. Will bear it in mind for post fast though.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers, will do so if I feel the need. Usually when fasting I stick to water, coffee and peppermint or green tea with lemon. I find if I veer from this and have food of any sort I feel the need to eat more, and risk breaking the fast. Will bear it in mind for post fast though.
Yes it might be a good way of first breaking the fast to avoid.. ahem.. digestive issues..

Reactions: FantomPoet

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Some data for you fine folks:
Fasted:- 3 Days :11 hrs :45 mins......83hrs45ins?
FBG 3.6
Ketones 5.1
Weight 72.35kg - 11st-5.5lbs - 159.5 lbs
Body Fat 16.7
Visceral Fat 8.0
BMI 22.3

I am buzzing at the minute I feel really good. This happened before and lasted quite a few hours, hopefully the same thing happens again. I was thinking of ending the fast sometime today but will reconsider later in the day. Unlike @bulkbiker I have no intention of eating a very close family member to break my fast.

As an aside I have been looking at all things ketones:

Just for info from what I have gleaned...
Nutritional ketosis probably starts as low as 0.3-0.5

Just my opinion from what I have read

How does the man that drives the snow plough get to work.