Low carb online shop

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck Jayney for your next blood test. Let me know how it goes. My next one is due in August. Thanks Goonergal, I'll have a look at that. Can't make the porridge today as I need to buy some ground psyllium husk powder. So, I'm gonna buy some this morning and make it for lunch. Hope you all have a good day.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No apologies needed, you aren’t moaning, you are still coming to terms with a big shock, it took me a while to get my head around it too. I cried when I was diagnosed and every now and again I have a moment where I feel sorry for myself and think how unfair it is. That said I am grateful that I have been given a chance to fight this, ok it’s never going to be completely cured but it can be controlled, when I find myself feeling sorry for myself I think of the consequences of what could have happened if I didn’t know I was diabetic. I was someone who didn’t have any typical signs or symptoms and wasn’t unwell, it was picked up quite by chance and I was told that I had probably been running around with high BG levels for a while. That is quite scary, I might not have had any symptoms until it was too late. I’m thankful I have been allowed to try diet only, no meds, and I’m quite determined to get my levels in the normal non diabetic range. My own daily testing gives me hope and I have everything crossed for next week, 2nd HbA1c test.
There are lots of people here who have achieved amazing results, you can too, We need to adapt to a new way of eating and a different mindset about food but we can do it.
Good luck with your hbaca1 it feels like an exam looming I find!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well what can I say about the low carb bagels? Not a lot. They arrived today and I tried them, pretty bland unfortunately, they will reside in my freezer as emergency rations and I will stick to my livlife bread.
I also bought the pitta breads but not holding out much hope for these now, I may be proved wrong, but not holding my breath.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with your hbaca1 it feels like an exam looming I find!
Thank you, yes it does feel a bit like waiting to go in to an exam. I just hope I’m not going into it with my hopes too high.:nailbiting:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck Jayney for your next blood test. Let me know how it goes. My next one is due in August. Thanks Goonergal, I'll have a look at that. Can't make the porridge today as I need to buy some ground psyllium husk powder. So, I'm gonna buy some this morning and make it for lunch. Hope you all have a good day.
Hope it went well? I ended up taking livlife bread and peanut butter to work with me as I was running behind this morning so didn’t make it either.
The low carb bagels arrived, I won’t be buying them again! I also bought pitta breads so fingers crossed they are a little bit better.

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope it went well? I ended up taking livlife bread and peanut butter to work with me as I was running behind this morning so didn’t make it either.
The low carb bagels arrived, I won’t be buying them again! I also bought pitta breads so fingers crossed they are a little bit better.

I received my bagels today, but haven't tried them yet. I was thinking of toasting one with cheese on, which might help with the flavour. I'll let you know. Also, I've brought the psyllium husk from Holland and Barrett - expensive - £15, but I'll look on the internet next time. I'm making the porridge tomorrow morning so hoping I'm going to like it and that it doesn't spike me. I do get a bit bored with egg and bacon etc. I hope your next blood results are o.k, what were they last time, if you don't mind me asking.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I received my bagels today, but haven't tried them yet. I was thinking of toasting one with cheese on, which might help with the flavour. I'll let you know. Also, I've brought the psyllium husk from Holland and Barrett - expensive - £15, but I'll look on the internet next time. I'm making the porridge tomorrow morning so hoping I'm going to like it and that it doesn't spike me. I do get a bit bored with egg and bacon etc. I hope your next blood results are o.k, what were they last time, if you don't mind me asking.
Ah good idea to toast them, I might try that before banishing them to the freezer.
There is a great online shop for the psyllium husk, it’s called Nutriseed.co.uk £2.99 for 100g and they are fairly quick with delivery too, I have also used them for coconut and chocolate nibs.
My last result was 6.3 or 45 not sure how you read your results and that was down from a massive high of 9.1 or 76 at diagnosis I am hoping that I will be somewhere in the 5’s and if I am low 5’s I will be really happy.

Reactions: CranberryIce

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well what can I say about the low carb bagels? Not a lot. They arrived today and I tried them, pretty bland unfortunately, they will reside in my freezer as emergency rations and I will stick to my livlife bread.
I also bought the pitta breads but not holding out much hope for these now, I may be proved wrong, but not holding my breath.

Sorry to hear you didn't like the bagels, I feel partially responsible for always banging on about them!! I love them!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear you didn't like the bagels, I feel partially responsible for always banging on about them!! I love them!
Aww bless you, you have nothing to apologise for, I’m going to try them toasted that might change the taste for me :)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi how did you get on with the “porridge”?
I didn’t get around to toasting a bagel so may try that in the morning, did you try yours?

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi how did you get on with the “porridge”?
I didn’t get around to toasting a bagel so may try that in the morning, did you try yours?
Well, I used coconut milk, it said cream, but I didn't have any of that. Still, I'm not sure if I did it completely right, I might not have cooked it long enough. It tasted quite powdery or is that how it tastes? I tried the toasted bagel, it was o.k as it feels like your eating something of abit more substance, but not sure if I will get anymore. Let me know what you think. I couldn't find the Livlife bread but I found some hi low bread which has 5 carbs per slice. so I'm gonna try that tomorrow. This isn't easy but I regard it as a challenge lol

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I used coconut milk, it said cream, but I didn't have any of that. Still, I'm not sure if I did it completely right, I might not have cooked it long enough. It tasted quite powdery or is that how it tastes? I tried the toasted bagel, it was o.k as it feels like your eating something of abit more substance, but not sure if I will get anymore. Let me know what you think. I couldn't find the Livlife bread but I found some hi low bread which has 5 carbs per slice. so I'm gonna try that tomorrow. This isn't easy but I regard it as a challenge lol
Hi, not sure if the recipe works with milk, when I make mine it is very smooth and silky so that may be the reason for coconut cream rather than milk, maybe @Rachox knows whether you can substitute or not as she makes this recipe most mornings.
As you say the bagels are quite substantial but even if I toast one tomorrow I don’t think I will buy them again. Although the flavour is a bit of an acquired taste the fat head mozzarella Dough bagels are easy enough to make and I think I will stick to them.

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, not sure if the recipe works with milk, when I make mine it is very smooth and silky so that may be the reason for coconut cream rather than milk, maybe @Rachox knows whether you can substitute or not as she makes this recipe most mornings.
As you say the bagels are quite substantial but even if I toast one tomorrow I don’t think I will buy them again. Although the flavour is a bit of an acquired taste the fat head mozzarella Dough bagels are easy enough to make and I think I will stick to them.
I thought that might have been the reason. I'll buy some coconut cream and try it again. I really want to like it as I'm looking forward to porridge for breakfast. I'll be off to the supermarket tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
78361250-95F6-4395-82B4-3FCFF157CBAD.jpeg
I thought that might have been the reason. I'll buy some coconut cream and try it again. I really want to like it as I'm looking forward to porridge for breakfast. I'll be off to the supermarket tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.

I’ve only ever made the ‘porridge’ with coconut cream, this one pictured from Tesco, it’s weird stuff especially in cold weather it separates into a thin oily liquid layer covered with a firmer layer. It needs mixing well before use. In this warmer weather it’s much easier to mix. Mine porridge is never powdery, it’s a very similar consistency to real porridge but without the lumpiness.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 26825

I’ve only ever made the ‘porridge’ with coconut cream, this one pictured from Tesco, it’s weird stuff especially in cold weather it separates into a thin oily liquid layer covered with a firmer layer. It needs mixing well before use. In this warmer weather it’s much easier to mix. Mine porridge is never powdery, it’s a very similar consistency to real porridge but without the lumpiness.
This week I wasn’t able to get my coconut usual cream, it normally comes in a small box like pack and as you say is a mixture of liquid and solid, this time it’s more of a solid block almost like a small butter!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This week I wasn’t able to get my coconut usual cream, it normally comes in a small box like pack and as you say is a mixture of liquid and solid, this time it’s more of a solid block almost like a small butter!
Oh that’s called creamed coconut isn’t it. Have you tried it in the porridge, I’d wondered if it would work? On the odd occasion Tesco don’t have any of their tins I trasp across town to Waitrose. I do panic a bit if I don’t have a couple of spare tins in the cupboard! I think I’m addicted to the ‘porridge’! :oops:

Reactions: jayney27