What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
morning all. 5.4 for me today. An early supper and copious wine most likely helped this number although I had disturbed sleep too. Its a lovely day here so a beach walk and coffee now before facing the "things that must be done". Have a good day all, if you possibly can....

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi all I need a little advice so I’m going to bed soon and my BG is 4.8 I don’t feel like I could eat anything as I’ve had intense pain in my stomach for the past half hour and my family don’t keep any drinks with sugar so if any of you have any advice it’d be very much appreciated

Reactions: Freema

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi @Ziggy2017 sorry your not feeling well. I was wondering if you can manage to drink and there is sugar in the house maybe make your own sugary drink a glass of warm water with a teaspoon or two of sugar dissolved in it not ideal but may help to get you to a level you feel more comfortable with sorry I can't be of more help

John

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all I need a little advice so I’m going to bed soon and my BG is 4.8 I don’t feel like I could eat anything as I’ve had intense pain in my stomach for the past half hour and my family don’t keep any drinks with sugar so if any of you have any advice it’d be very much appreciated
Drink some milk, carbs in milk Will raise you blood glucose levels.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi @Ziggy2017 sorry your not feeling well. I was wondering if you can manage to drink and there is sugar in the house maybe make your own sugary drink a glass of warm water with a teaspoon or two of sugar dissolved in it not ideal but may help to get you to a level you feel more comfortable with sorry I can't be of
Thanks John I’m starting to feel a little better thanks to co codamol and I’ve just had a sugary cup of tea so my BG should be fine now if worst comes to worst I have gluco juice right beside my bed

Reactions: ianpspurs