Type 2 Life

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, been on holiday in France so been missing for a couple of weeks. Had a great time travelling around France and meetin up with friends.
@JohnnyBaker12021970 good news about the assisted living accommodation, do you have a date for moving yet?
@ickihun do you have a date for your op?
@tina_marie hope Ron's as well as can be.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hi all, been on holiday in France so been missing for a couple of weeks. Had a great time travelling around France and meetin up with friends.
@JohnnyBaker12021970 good news about the assisted living accommodation, do you have a date for moving yet?
@ickihun do you have a date for your op?
@tina_marie hope Ron's as well as can be.
Hi @HEY. Sounds like a fab holiday. Ron's still not sleeping properly . He's had to have a couple of hours kip this afternoon. Most sleep he's getting is 4 hours if that. Legs keep swelling up some days he can't get socks or shoes on. It's now also 2 weeks since he stopped taking metformin .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Awoke early with rumbling tummy. We made sugar free cakes yesterday but blender part which chops dark chocolate or nuts etc... came from Italy (separately from main machine) is broke already. I need it fixing or new one fast, for op. I don't fancy posting it back but hoping Marcus can do something with its lose plastic to metal attachment. Which has softened with heat of blending and come apart. Humf!!!
I might have to buy a separate machine.... for now. I'll see what I can afford. Argh!!!
Hope you all slept better.

Ickihun - My local Lidl have had various kitchen gadgets in this week, although I couldn't swear they had blenders. One thing that's noteworthy of all Lidl and Aldi's electrical goods is they have a no-quibble 3 year warranty. The only thing I ever had to take back was swapped unconsitionally on the spot. There was no inspection of the item or in-depth questioning.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ickihun - My local Lidl have had various kitchen gadgets in this week, although I couldn't swear they had blenders. One thing that's noteworthy of all Lidl and Aldi's electrical goods is they have a no-quibble 3 year warranty. The only thing I ever had to take back was swapped unconsitionally on the spot. There was no inspection of the item or in-depth questioning.
Thanks @DCUKMod :)
I'm annoyed as bought multi blender but no grinder. Its the grinder I bought on e-bay from co. in italy that has fell apart. Mr ickihun might look at it for me. He may have something in garage to remedy it. Fingers crossed. Failing that I'll buy a separate one from Lidl etc or on-line. If I must.
Luckily I have some packs of ground almonds in for baking weekend with boys. I want some spares in for 6wk hols or raw almonds to soak and grind when I needed them. I will be prepared for hols better this year. Hoping op is in September/oct now.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my lovely friends on the Type 2 Life thread of the DCUK Forum,

My fasting blood glucose reading this morning was 9.6. All I had to eat yesterday was a Toasted Ham Sandwich with Lurpak Butter and some Hot And Spicy Pickled Onions.

I'm now waiting for my Carer to come and give me my morning medication. I'm sure she said last night she'd come at six o'clock this morning.

Reactions: ickihun and heh

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning @JohnnyBaker12021970 and everyone else.

Off to work soon, got lots of bitty jobs to do.
Morning @heh have a lovely day. :)

Sad England is coming home without cup. :(
Do you like football @JohnnyBaker12021970?

I'm taking children to school without Mr ickihun this morning and have my sitting on walls planned out incase of pain, discomfort or asthma.
Yesterday I spoke to another mum with autistic daughter. We had a good catch up and are arranging a coffee morning for all other mums in our area. So we don't feel isolated. Depression and marriage separation is common in challenged families. Mr ickihun is ill due to his anxiety from old family and southern tragic events. Even thou we have moved to the North many things haunt him. He misses his hand lifting dad the most. The only dad he knew. So looking for a 'gang' in his teens led to more mental discord. He's conditioned for decades a certain way and I'm ironing him out. Not an easy job but has started well.

Hoping for no stressful events today but he has phone calls to make which he cannot get out of. I'm in for a roller coaster of a day, I guess. My ears will be burnt off from all the pinning back I'll have to do.
The repeating himself and talking to himself is the worst. I'm used to his clinginess but camhs may pick up on something he can do to help 5yr old.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Morning, my lovely friends on the Type 2 Life thread of the DCUK Forum,

My fasting blood glucose reading this morning was 9.6. All I had to eat yesterday was a Toasted Ham Sandwich with Lurpak Butter and some Hot And Spicy Pickled Onions.

I'm now waiting for my Carer to come and give me my morning medication. I'm sure she said last night she'd come at six o'clock this morning.
Has she been? 6 o'oclock is a bit early, isn't it? Or is it normally 6am?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Morning @heh have a lovely day. :)

Sad England is coming home without cup. :(
Do you like football @JohnnyBaker12021970?

I'm taking children to school without Mr ickihun this morning and have my sitting on walls planned out incase of pain, discomfort or asthma.
Yesterday I spoke to another mum with autistic daughter. We had a good catch up and are arranging a coffee morning for all other mums in our area. So we don't feel isolated. Depression and marriage separation is common in challenged families. Mr ickihun is ill due to his anxiety from old family and southern tragic events. Even thou we have moved to the North many things haunt him. He misses his hand lifting dad the most. The only dad he knew. So looking for a 'gang' in his teens led to more mental discord. He's conditioned for decades a certain way and I'm ironing him out. Not an easy job but has started well.

Hoping for no stressful events today but he has phone calls to make which he cannot get out of. I'm in for a roller coaster of a day, I guess. My ears will be burnt off from all the pinning back I'll have to do.
The repeating himself and talking to himself is the worst. I'm used to his clinginess but camhs may pick up on something he can do to help 5yr old.
I've never really gotten into football, @ickihun, my lovely friend. I know it's a highly skilled, well paid and exciting, suspenseful game for a great majority of people, but it's hard for me to make sense of it. When I was at primary school playing football, I hated it when the ball hit me in the leg or in the stomach and I hated my psychomotor clumsiness on the football pitch. The only sport I really love are pool and snooker, I used to play those games with my Dad on our mini-pool table that the Gilbys (my mum and dad's friends) gave us. My Dad used to thrash me at pool!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Has she been? 6 o'oclock is a bit early, isn't it? Or is it normally 6am?
I got completely muddled with the care hours, @ickihun, thinking that my homecare slot was at 6 in the morning, when in actually fact it was 9 in the morning and 6 at night. Silly man I am! My lovely Carer has written all my future calls in my diary with her Christian name, job title and times into my engagement diary.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
This morning, my Carer (HomeHelp) came at a few minutes after eight o'clock and made my bed, left the bowl from my last night's cucumber and spring onions in salad cream to soak in my red plastic washing up bowl in my kitchen sink and put the half a cucumber and spring onions back in the salad compartment of the fridge freezer. I took all my morning medication and my 20 mcg Lixisenatide glucagon-like peptide subcutaneous injection. After my Carer left, I ate a toasted ham and melted cheese sandwich made with 2 slices of Burgen soya and linseed low-carb bread, one slice of ham, chopped small, and 2 thin slices of Cheddar cheese. I melted the cheese on 80% heat in my 700-watt capacity microwave oven for 1 minute. I ate it and my blood glucose, now, at 10:07 Ante Meridian British Summer Time was 9.4 millimoles per litre.

Reactions: heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good morning, to all my dear, special, lovely friends on the Type 2 Life thread of the DCUK Forum,

Yesterday my HomeHelp came in the morning and gave me my tablets and loaded up my washing machine with used clothes and swept the kitchen floor. Yesterday I ate bangers and mash cooked by Max like my dear old Mum used to cook and if we'd have had a tin of baked beans we could have had bangers, mash and beans which my old Mum called a Cowboy Dinner. Last night, Max made Bubble and Squeak (another tasty meal my old Mum used to make for me) which consisted of finely chopped white onions, boiled Spring greens and Potatoes which Max fried in a frying pan and then browned under my grill. Max was disgusted in my posh, elderly care-home-ridden friend Roger who a long time ago referred to my Mum's Bubble and Squeak, or any Bubble and Squeak, as being "peasant food" and stripping my poor Mum of her dignity by describing her as a "hopeless pauper and peasant". Roger was completely class-ridden and on another occasion, I kindly introduced him to my mum and dad he described them as "common as muck". I found this very hurtful and inaccurate. My Mum and Dad were working class, and I'm proud to be from a working-class family who always worked hard and paid their Income Tax and National Insurance Contributions and never accepted "Freebies" off of the State, not that I think there's anything too bad about needing financial relief in times of extreme austerity and poverty, that's one thing the Labour MP Aneurin Bevan did that was beautiful in 1945-1946 in founding the NHS for us and a few years before the Welfare State/Benefits System. My Parents provided for me in their taxes and donations to the Social Care System to receive help during my disabilities, not many people's mums and dads would have done that so it's quite obvious that Roger's comments about my mum and dad being "common" and "vulgar" was a lot of nonsense and rubbish.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I've just returned from seeing my mental health care coordinator today and she has got two very nice supported housing establishments in view plus something I've never heard of before, which I think is facilitated and maintained by Lambeth Social Services in conjunction with the National Autistic Society, which is a housing scheme and I think the idea is that I lived with a fully-screened couple in a family setting with other special needs clients also prevalent in the same house. They'll show expert loving care in a family setting and help me with budgeting, medication compliance, activities, creative outlets as well as the celebration of birthdays/Christmas/Easter. The Panel has still got to decide which housing arrangement is best suited to me.

I did have a little blip in my Smoking Quit (234 Days of abstinence) yesterday, mainly under Max's careless advice, where I smoked approximately 7 to 8 hand-rolled cigarettes made from discarded cigarette butts that Max went out for, but he did cook me corned beef hash this morning, and I reset my Quit-Date on http://www.quitnet.com this morning, plus I got my nicotine replacement therapy oral sprays so that's okay. I last had 2 sprays of nicotine on the right inside of my cheek at 3:20 Post Meridian British Summer Time and my next 1 spray on the right inside of my cheek (45 minutes later, as my care coordinator advised) will be at 4:05 Post Meridian British Summer Time today, Monday 16th July 2018 in the Common Era.

Lots of love with my prayers and my humble best wishes,

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome, Adult ADHD, insulin-resistant type 2 diabetes mellitus, musculoskeletal disorder, and adult-onset nocturnal enuresis and idiopathic megarectum xXx.

streem26

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi @JohnnyBaker12021970 ... mate, that hard chair is not helping (at least not without substantial pillows / cushions, to support your frame) as you're compressing a damaged area and your back now complains as a result. A recliner works wonders. I tore mine months back and they really hurt. Get well and whatever you do, don't push it..
Planning to get a recliner. Any recommendations?
I never had one, always wanted to get one. I had always hold back because it seems very expensive.
Well, I finally decided to pull the trigger and get one before 2019. And which line would you recommend? There seems to be so many models that I am all confused already.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Ron and I are off out tonight . We're going to an anniversary party. This will be the first time out together since he was diagnosed as t2 in 2016.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Did you have a good time?

Not really . Ron was in such pain and felt tired . Before we even left home getting him ready was a battle against swollen legs and feet. We use soft top socks and even they were tight . His family could see he wasn't right so after a few hours we left for home. His sister was so touched that he came. His mum couldn't believe it . Maybe we'll try another time when he's had more therapy.