What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My kids like the idea of cider. Just like apple pies, I make, they consume. I even thought of preserving some of the apples, or making some apple and bramble jelly. Again, for someone else to eat, no motivation. Then there are the pears. I will perhaps eat one or two.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late breakfast: egg and bacon, decaff black coffee.
Mid afternoon: low carb coffee and walnut scone, decaff coffee with cream.
Dinner: Barnsley chop, pork sausage, creamed spinach.

Plenty glasses of water.
Never felt so full.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got a couple of days to catch up on. First week at School over and all is well. Took both boys to visit niece and her daughter yesterday as she's here for a visit from Manchester. No 1 adores babies. He gets right down beside her and she loved playing with him. Bed 5.9 FBG 5.6. DP within limits again.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Lo dough toasted with cheese and tomato.
L. Slice ox tongue, little bit chicken breast, Santini tomatoes, lettuce and Helmanns. Black coffee.
D. Chinese hot pot chicken (way too much chilli) with cauliflower rice. Had to resort to Halo Top, 4 strawberries 2 hours later as mouth was still burning. Our chillies are evil this year
Bed 6 5 FBG 5.6 - got out early for The shop. Hubby at football tomorrow and swimming lessons start again so busy on my own.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Tub of Morrison's goats cheese wrapped in salami and another couple from tub 2.
D. Lo dough pizza with tomato, ham , 1 mushroom, 4 cheese grated, Italian herbs. Loads of water.

Going to make a blackberry /blueberry/raspberry crumble tomorrow - trial crumble mix tomorrow. Also experimenting with fish and chips but I'm torn between celeriac, courgette and aubergine chips!
It's been pouring here. First time in ages I had to dry my washing indoors.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
@ianpspurs I sympathise over the apples, I am not going to be able to get through Sept without one.
@purplepenguin you’re doing brilliantly, I had to laugh at you putting your shoes on ready fot a MaccyD emergency run. Fantastic that you didn’t do it.
@jayney27 you look great- Tanned and slim - a winning combo, well done.
@shelley262 I hadnt realised about the HC 90% chocolate, who’d have thought!

Today I played with my IP a bit - put a load of beef bones in before breakfast - they are free at my butchers but a marrowbone is 50p. Bargain!
B: Scrambled egg, smoked salmon and avocado with coffee and cream
L: salad with Spinach, halloumi, avocado, cauliflower remoulade ( I love that dressing) and a boiled egg - simply an excuse to cook boiled eggs in the IP. Worked very well, done perfectly, no dark ring around the yolk and super easy to peel. I now have a fridge full.
D: whole chicken done in IP rubbed a paprika/ spice mix mixed with butter over it first which gave it a nice colour and stopped it looking ‘boiled’ at the end. Had it with cauli and broccoli cheese, and some runner beans. Glass of red.

Question for IP users - can I use the chicken carcass for stock in the IP now that I’ve cooked it to begin with in the IP?
Thanks
View attachment 28141

Oh yes, you can use it. I tend not to be too fastidious stripping the carcass if I'm making the stock, as the stock making deals with that. Also leave on the breast bone cartilage, wing tips and so on, as they all add to the stock - especially the cartilage, which helps it gel up.

Bones, bits, seasoning, a splosh of acv, water and off you go......... Delish!

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No reason why not but I'd add other chicken bits too e.g. wings and if you can get them feet (gives a great gel stock and butchers give them away). Veggies such as carrot , celery, onion anything I have as they are removed at the end. About 45 mins , natural release.

Thanks, I’ll freeze the bones for now and ask the butcher for feet next week. - my daughter gets all sorts of stuff from him for her dog so I expect he’ll oblige. I also need to get to Wilko for more jars - I have a fridge full of bone broth and hard boiled eggs now.

Reactions: Pipp

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My kids like the idea of cider. Just like apple pies, I make, they consume. I even thought of preserving some of the apples, or making some apple and bramble jelly. Again, for someone else to eat, no motivation. Then there are the pears. I will perhaps eat one or two.

You could do apple cider vinegar. There are loads of recipes on 'tnet

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,
V busy day, so just a short visit :D lots of food though!

4 slices Leerdammer at 10.30am
Burgerking double whopper with cheese (no bun or gubbins) at 1.30pm
a small pack of prawns with 1000 island at 4pm
two chicken thighs with skin at 8pm

Lovely day. Lovely full tum.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp - You could dehydrate the apples, pears and do some other "stuff"/fruits, and give the resultant wares as gifts? If they're in a Kilner, or similar jar, they'd last well.

IKEA Kilener style jars are as cheap as celeriac chips.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yes, you can use it. I tend not to be too fastidious stripping the carcass if I'm making the stock, as the stock making deals with that. Also leave on the breast bone cartilage, wing tips and so on, as they all add to the stock - especially the cartilage, which helps it gel up.

Bones, bits, seasoning, a splosh of acv, water and off you go......... Delish!

Thanks - its all a learning curve atm but very enjoyable.
Can I ask, do you put the broth on the ‘broth/ soup’ setting (30mins) or manually put in a longer time? I read somewhere else on this forum 2hrs.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp - You could dehydrate the apples, pears and do some other "stuff"/fruits, and give the resultant wares as gifts? If they're in a Kilner, or similar jar, they'd last well.

Not being funny. Do people seriously do things like that?

Geoffno6

Hello peeps, the LCHF funny food has been in full flow today but my BG levels have been terrible. After 7s and 8s last night they were dropping nicely to below 7 at midnight then climbed from 1am to 9.2 by 7am up to 12 by 11am despite a 5km run at 9am. Only food was coffee with cream and keto coconut porridge at 7.30am The same porridge on Thursday night didn’t push my BG above 7.2. Ham and eggs and a stop for a glass of red during a 5mile walk from midday and it crept down to 6.3 by 5pm. Keto pizza and a lamb chop at 8pm and BG7.4 at 10pm so not too bad now.
All a bit hard to understand, any comments would be much appreciated.

CoastGirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, not much today as not feeling great:
B 2 x coffee with cream
L bag of pork scratching and 2 babybel
D roast chicken thighs stuffed with pork and apple, brocolli and leaks steamed for a few minutes and then sautéed and sprinkled with crumbled feta followed by PhD bar.

I have lost the recipe i read on here for lemon drizzle cake and sadly can't remember who kindly posted it. Would anyone happen to have the recipe please?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You could do apple cider vinegar. There are loads of recipes on 'tnet
I could, I have before when I was more in homemaker mode in my youth. It was sing up the peel and cores so still lots of apples and not enough storage space.
I have a tendency these days to think, life is too short. Though the apple cider vinegar would be useful when I make bone broth, I don't need a great deal of the stuff day to day.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, not much today as not feeling great:
B 2 x coffee with cream
L bag of pork scratching and 2 babybel
D roast chicken thighs stuffed with pork and apple, brocolli and leaks steamed for a few minutes and then sautéed and sprinkled with crumbled feta followed by PhD bar.

I have lost the recipe i read on here for lemon drizzle cake and sadly can't remember who kindly posted it. Would anyone happen to have the recipe please?
I will mention @shelley262 here, she has a lovely lemon drizzle recipe that I am sure she will share when she sees this.

Reactions: CoastGirl

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Walnut scone????? Sounds great. Did you buy or make?
Made following recipe in Dr Trudi Deakin, Eat Fat book, just adapting by adding some coffee..
https://www.xperthealth.org.uk/Shop/p/handbook-lowcarb-highfat-lifestyle
Enjoyed so thinking of trying with cheese next time.

Reactions: DJC3

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Noooo! Spare me from IKEA!
I am thinking of calling on you and Brunneria with a truck load of apples, though.
:D