Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

JanetMcDowell

5.1 today.

Here's my bit of chat:

Well let me give you a laugh. You may have seen my post about Mike's bench this week. Here is a little update. I was one of the 300 that emailed Elizabeth telling her what brought me to Mike's bench that day. It was just after my diabetes diagnosis. I was feeling very sorry for myself. Until i read the note. Mike had sadly lost his fight against cancer, it was a turning point for me. Began to count my blessings. Pulled myself together.I was still alive, he wasn't.

Well I was invited to Stanley Park today by Mike's partner for filming with the BBC breakfast TV team to share my experience.

I practiced all night last night going over what I was going to say. Didn't want to miss anything important. Practiced all this morning too. Did little notes for myself in case I had the opportunity to read to ensure i didn't forget anything. I was there on stanley park with the BBC crew ....of 2. Presenter and videographer.

'Can you get your story over in 8 seconds' she said!!! 8 SECONDS!!!! I was thinking I could barely do it in 8 minutes!!!! I had all my props (Inspirational stories booklet etc) but couldn't use them. Just me and Mike's bench!!!

I couldn't even spit diabetes.co.uk out in 8 seconds!!!

The main focus is on 3 sisters. Who come from all over England to sit on the bench. Sat there with their mum the day before she passed away. They now have their own memorial bench for her by the cafe. Poignant.

I don't think they will use my clip but it was a lovely experience hearing the different stories. Always next time.

Aw I was looking forward to seeing you on the tv.

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all
5.1@ 07:25AM
My head is splitting, I had only 2hrs sleep.
The coffee, I had at 16:00PM yesterday, kept me wide awake all night.
I forgot being in ketosis magnifies the effect of stimulants.
Shame I'm going to need more of the stuff to even know my own name today, going by how I feel right now .

lrostron

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nuts, cheese, tea and coffee
9.9 this morning, diagnosed in March this year with Hba1c of 97, got it down to 39 by September this year. Just this last 10 days my morning number is getting higher and higher and I haven't changed anything. I'm getting worried why it's so high but by tea time is usually back to within the 5's I'm on 1000mg metformin x2 day. Any advice? Also I'm replying to this thread as I can't seem to find how to start a new one.