What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all
4.9 this morning - all good here despite plans to start Christmas shopping today!
As compensation I’m meeting up with a good friend for coffee and youngest for lunch so it will only be a sharp, short foray.
Hope everyone has a good Wednesday and those bgs behave.

Have fun with the Christmas shopping - sounds like a nice day with breaks for coffee and lunch and you’ll feel so smug and organised if you manage to get some presents bagged.
I’m looking forward to the Christmas markets which are starting to pop up this weekend - there are usually a lot of artisan gin stalls with free samples.....

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Blood sugars this morning were 4.6. Yeah!

@karen8967 and @Cumberland -- Hugs. So sorry to read about your hypos. Must be awful. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

@ianpspurs -- Hugs for your frustration when blood sugars aren't were you want them to be. Don't know though if for us T2s, there is a really good alternative to low carbing.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Late on parade again. 6.1 at 0800. Like the sound of Christmas markets and the gin stalls though my experience is you have to elbow the students out of the way..ever been to the Bath market (where my youngest went to Uni) just fabulous. Also been to Winchester market. Aaah feeling like going to a market now but have to make do today with Blame it on the Boogie stuck in my head while doing the chores.
Have a good Wed. Stay well, stay safe and hopefully tame the hypo beast.
@ianpspurs just keep going I dont know any other way but I feel your frustration especially the lack of sleep. Sending hugs.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

a grey but milder morning today so we may go do a bit of shed tidying at mum's (it's a biiig shed ;) ) and take some stuff to the dump/recycling. Homemade soup is on the hob :)

Hope your day is a good one

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Late on parade again. 6.1 at 0800. Like the sound of Christmas markets and the gin stalls though my experience is you have to elbow the students out of the way..ever been to the Bath market (where my youngest went to Uni) just fabulous. Also been to Winchester market. Aaah feeling like going to a market now but have to make do today with Blame it on the Boogie stuck in my head while doing the chores.
Have a good Wed. Stay well, stay safe and hopefully tame the hypo beast.
@ianpspurs just keep going I dont know any other way but I feel your frustration especially the lack of sleep. Sending hugs.
Thanks for the hug. The no other way thing is very much like Macbeth
“I am in blood (LC) stepped in so far that should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o’er,” :banghead:
That Tina gal has an awful lot to answer for. Enjoy your day

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today.

Im counting down, soooo excited. No not about Christmas. Something much more important ;) my 6 monthly bloods due this Friday. Bring it on. I've got a few questions, a few suggestions and then I'm going to throw in the biggy just when she thinks I'm packing up. CHOLESTEROL....YOUR THOUGHTS!!!

Have a great hump day folks.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all,

Blood sugars this morning were 4.6. Yeah!

@karen8967 and @Cumberland -- Hugs. So sorry to read about your hypos. Must be awful. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

@ianpspurs -- Hugs for your frustration when blood sugars aren't were you want them to be. Don't know though if for us T2s, there is a really good alternative to low carbing.
Thankyou ziggy x

Reactions: HarryBeau

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.3 this morning. Higher than I’d like but hopefully I will go for a nice walk this morning if the rain eases up

@karen8967 glad you escaped without hypos last night even if your waking number was a bit low. No headache though hopefully?

Have a good day everyone whatever it has in store for you.
Thanks djc3 and im glad to say no headache ive had breakfast while im in work and bloods sitting at 5.8 and holding steady so all good

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up later than usual...glorious sunny day...good news the chocolate buttons are gone (I ate the last of them last night)...just started ordering the Christmas presents despite the stress that & the buttons initiated holding steady at 5.9

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone how are you all doing today? Hope everyone is well if not get well soon. My FBG is 9.8
hey Jordie Louise your number is worryingly high, do you count your carbs and stay low under 100-150 grams a day...?

.if you are already doing that, I think you need to see your GP soon because this kind of high numbers can damage your body over some time and many kinds of damage can sometimes not be repaired again.. damage really accelerate when one has numbers over 7.5 in average or high raises after meals higher than that of 7.5, but the diabetic damage can also occur at lower levels
https://www.bloodsugar101.com/organ-damage-and-blood-sugar-level

damage like nerves growing numb so one can not feel one's feet
or neuropathy that makes neves hurt terribly,
or wounds that cant heal and possible amputations because of that or eye problems
or even growing blind

Reactions: SaskiaKC

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Happy Diabetes Awareness Day. :) No fbs test today. Didn't feel like facing the disappointment of another highish reading when nothing else has changed to cause them. Off to take mum for her hairdo and then for lunch including meeting an old friend for a catch up. May treat myself to something carby and tasty to lift my spirits then return to the bandwagon tomorrow!:D Best wishes one and all.:)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:inpain::jimlad::cool::oops:7.3 this morning did have a friend for birthdays celebration last night and finished with some ice cream and chocolate cake... far too many carbs, so very self-inflicted... today eating the leftovers, and will finish with olive tomato salat and eggs tonight, so hope for a much better number tomorrow.

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all and hopefully better times for @karen8967 and @Cumberland -. I want to be positive but waking at 4.30 and seemingly having fbg of 5,8 is not positive, If I was advising a friend I would honestly have to tell them to ditch LC right now as it appears to be harming not helping. A whole lot of hope and changes look a bit misguided right now. Bigger picture is this is all froth compared to the troubles of adjusting insulin and dealing with working life. Hang tough guys.

hey you need to see your HbA1c before you can tell that low carb doesn´t work, some do have a much overactive liver that speeds up when one does not eat carbs , but to most it is only initially the liver does so, and their HbA1c is then very much lower than expected .. mine was when I was low calories and moderate carbs for 6 months even though my morning blood glucose was a bit higher than most "Low Carbers "in her.. so please don´t ditch the low carb- eating style before you know if your HbA1c is much lower than you fear

Reactions: HarryBeau