What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hey you need to see your HbA1c before you can tell that low carb doesn´t work, some do have a much overactive liver that speeds up when one does not eat carbs , but to most it is only initially the liver does so, and their HbA1c is then very much lower than expected .. mine was when I was low calories and moderate carbs for 6 months even though my morning blood glucose was a bit higher than most "Low Carbers "in her.. so please don´t ditch the low carb- eating style before you know if your HbA1c is much lower than you fear
I have had 3.5 years of it. I know what the result will be - not very special, but thanks @Freema

Reactions: HarryBeau

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Diabetes Awareness Day. :) No fbs test today. Didn't feel like facing the disappointment of another highish reading when nothing else has changed to cause them. Off to take mum for her hairdo and then for lunch including meeting an old friend for a catch up. May treat myself to something carby and tasty to lift my spirits then return to the bandwagon tomorrow!:D Best wishes one and all.:)
Good for you dogslife

Reactions: ianpspurs

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all
4.9 this morning - all good here despite plans to start Christmas shopping today!
As compensation I’m meeting up with a good friend for coffee and youngest for lunch so it will only be a sharp, short foray.
Hope everyone has a good Wednesday and those bgs behave.

Sounds like a fun day. I hope you enjoy it. :)
I have 3 more presents to buy including a dinosaur or a panda, and maybe a set of trucks.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good afternoon everyone 5.0 this morning after a nice lie in my temperature is all over the place again today started this morning with a 38.7 staying in today but I went for a drive with my mum to drop my Ziggy off to get groomed (the dog) have a good day everyone

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heres a little quote for today
FB_IMG_1542212439161.jpg

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good for you dogslife
Thanks, karen8967. I had a minute steak with mushrooms and fried onions on 1/2 toasted ciabatta , cooked cherry tomatoes and a small basket of chips! ( only about 8) :angelic: Followed by a small cappucino. Delicious!:D Daren't test after that but really needed a treat. Will try and get back to being sensible tomorrow. Honest!:) Hope you have seen the back of those horrible hypos. Despite my high fbs I have my share of hypos too. Must be a real challenge when you are still going out to work. :( Best wishes.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, karen8967. I had a minute steak with mushrooms and fried onions on 1/2 toasted ciabatta , cooked cherry tomatoes and a small basket of chips! ( only about 8) :angelic: Followed by a small cappucino. Delicious!:D Daren't test after that but really needed a treat. Will try and get back to being sensible tomorrow. Honest!:) Hope you have seen the back of those horrible hypos. Despite my high fbs I have my share of hypos too. Must be a real challenge when you are still going out to work. :( Best wishes.
I dare say you will be back on track tomorrow your meal sounds delicious im actually drooling here and i think a blow out now and again does you a world of good thats just my opinion and i know not everyone will agree.bgs havent been too bad today thanks for your concern dogslife and im so happy you enjoyed your treat xx

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Ianspurs you always make me laugh, I look forward to your posts, just saying :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Heres a little quote for today View attachment 29526

Thanks, @karen8967 that was good timing for me to read right now. I didn't think about courage, per se, before, but your post made me consider that. I think you have a good point there. I think it's gonna take more courage to just let go and walk away than to confront it in this case. (The moderator for our Pub Trivia games screwing up the teams just because he can.)

Reactions: karen8967