What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The lemon shortbread and herby crackers look wonderful. Do you know if they keep well in an airtight container? I keep going to make stuff for Christmas, then it gets eaten.

The cream cheese brownies freeze. Just tested 2 defrosted ones. Freezing is the only way to stop those being eaten way too fast in this house.

Kingmidas

Rarely eat breakfast on Sunday as if I don't get up particularly early I'm not hungry till lunchtime

So just tea on getting up

Lunch - eggs and bacon, sugar free jelly (not together)

Dinner - kind-of-roast - chicken, pigs in blankets and some mixed veg and gravy. My new favourite dessert of frozen cherries, coconut cream and a sprinkle of cacao nibs

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm about to do the same although I'm not really taken with either of the finalists. I may need another baileys to stop me throwing things at the TV.

Would much prefer Sian to win, but not really taken by any of them this year.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m hoping so! Don’t know how long they will last. The last batch of herby biscuits were fine today made two days ago but thought if they did lose a bit of crispness I could quickly revive in oven? Think lasting is more to do with how quickly they get eaten rather than how long in the container!!

I agree - the trouble is the low carb stuff tastes good so everyone eats it - those seedy crackers go in a flash!

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also forgot to record most bgs on MySugr so it’ll now have an artificially low average - don’t seem able to add to previous day’s record, you can only edit and change existing records ...

You can add readings to previous days. Click the + button, add the reading info as normal, then click on the date and time and change them to whatever date and time you want. HTH :)

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can add readings to previous days. Click the + button, add the reading info as normal, then click on the date and time and change them to whatever date and time you want. HTH :)

Oh great thank you! Feel a bit daft now, I was trying to go to the previous day and edit.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BFB190DA-D504-4A8D-99FC-AAD0C2874E34.jpeg
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: I’m no longer a Five Guys virgin! Bacon cheese burger with tomato, mushrooms and mayo in a lettuce wrap :hungry:
Mid afternoon: mint Carb Killa bar during journey back from Cardiff
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
cold coffee for breakfast.
Mid morning: Echinacea and raspberry tea, low carb muffin with slice of cheese. Hot coffee.
Dinner: Roast lemon and pepper chicken, celeriac slice roasted, one baby carrot, stir fried sprouts with shallots black pancetta and chestnuts. Mineral water.
Supper: warm almond milk with turmeric, trying to stop a cold in its tracks.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Emma that sounds horrible. The only good thing is that you will hopefully have shaken it off by Christmas.

Have you tried hot water with a couple of slices of lemon and a couple of slices of fresh root ginger? It’s quite soothing and comforting, without the drastic bg spike of honey and lemon.
No I haven’t but if I feel like this tomorrow lemon and ginger are on my shopping list! Thank you for the suggestion :)

Kingmidas

Nice easy day food wise today although I started hungry and stayed that way!

Breakfast - one slice wholemeal toast with butter and sweet freedom choc spread

Snack - nutra-go hazelnut wafer bar from Holland and Barrett (1g net carbs) - nice!

Lunch - chicken salad with olives, feta stuffed mini peppers, mexicana cheese and walnuts.

Dinner - rib eye steak and veg

Finally had blood tests done today - quite nervous to see if I've made a difference!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice easy day food wise today although I started hungry and stayed that way!

Breakfast - one slice wholemeal toast with butter and sweet freedom choc spread

Snack - nutra-go hazelnut wafer bar from Holland and Barrett (1g net carbs) - nice!

Lunch - chicken salad with olives, feta stuffed mini peppers, mexicana cheese and walnuts.

Dinner - rib eye steak and veg

Finally had blood tests done today - quite nervous to see if I've made a difference!
Good luck with blood tests

Reactions: ziggy_w

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all,

Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter
Lunch - Pate, sourdough crackers (10g carbs), cucumber, tomatoes and cheese stuffed bell peppers. Home made lc brownie, strawberries and cream,
Dinner - Lamb casserole, carrots, cabbage and my new discovery red darling sprouts. The purple sprouting broccoli of the sprout world! Glass of wine. Two squares of Green and Blacks mint velvet 70% chocolate (about 6g carbs).
Snacks - Smoked almonds

Not been de-railed by Christmas food.....yet

Two glasses of wine and a generous portion of home made plum gin at yesterday's get together. No ill effects even though this was a lot for me to drink pre diagnosis.

Think when I make my Christmas day mint chocs I'll mix the above Green and Blacks with my 100% chocolate drops and a bit more peppermint essence for effect. Trial run needed ;)

Happy Monday

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

@Emma_369 and @Pipp hope you feel better soon.

@Kingmidas good luck with the test results.

Bit of a hungry day today. Nibbled on some of the cream cheese brownies I took to work first thing. Lunch was M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos and a bag of their pork crackling.

Dinner was Diet Doctor breakfast sandwich followed by lemon zucchini cake with extra thick double cream and my Advent calendar choccie.

Off to Pilates later. Signed up to,the waiting list thinking there’d be no chance of getting in.....struggling to keep eyes open already so should be interesting.

Attachments

• B8876D92-F39E-41D7-9907-1DFB722744F1.jpeg
    B8876D92-F39E-41D7-9907-1DFB722744F1.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 0B5180C2-8BF5-488F-B0FB-C2528B8A2CE7.jpeg
    0B5180C2-8BF5-488F-B0FB-C2528B8A2CE7.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 142