What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 4.8 for me today. My darling husband as of today is eating exactly as I eat - I think my weight loss and his weight gain has given him a complex so he wants to shed a stone to get back to his normal weight. Im a pillar of support for him ........ but give him till Wednesday before he decides the Low carb isn’t for him ;)
Hope it goes well for Mr Emma_369. I don't think Low Carb is a huge problem for many people but the ultra low carb is an entirely different species. Throw in fasting, cream in tea and all the rest and it becomes a snarling, vicious master than can control you if you aren't careful. Should be a piece of hiss for him:angelic:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope it goes well for Mr Emma_369. I don't think Low Carb is a huge problem for many people but the ultra low carb is an entirely different species. Throw in fasting, cream in tea and all the rest and it becomes a snarling, vicious master than can control you if you aren't careful. Should be a piece of hiss for him:angelic:
He’s just a pasta addict - I think he was Italian in a previous life :D but if he can get past that he’ll be fine as I’m not ultra low and don’t do the cream in drinks so nothing too odd for him :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He’s just a pasta addict - I think he was Italian in a previous life :D but if he can get past that he’ll be fine as I’m not ultra low and don’t do the cream in drinks so nothing too odd for him :)
He sounds a good man. I definitely ate huge portions of pasta, rice, potatoes and bread in the Old Country. Now I just drink lots and lots of tea (mostly with homemade almond milk) - winters are very long with this WOE:arghh:

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Monday morning and it's 8.3. Feeling much happier with that after a few days in the 9s. HB1ac blood test tomorrow to see how things are shaping up.

Spent most of the morning figuring out a driver problem on my computer - 50 pages of a 15 year old dissertation to scan and the blasted scanner packed up! I was thrilled when I got it sorted.

Hope everyone has got through Monday morning, at least that's that done for another week.

P

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today.

Waiting in for a bathroom delivery. No set time. Just getting a phone call 1 hour before. So catching up with some jobs. Paperwork being one of them, housework another. Washing is already out on the line and being thrown around like confetti!!! It looks bright and sunny but still very chilly.

I would like to talk blood pressure for a minute. Before dx I was borderline for meds. Readings of around 140 over 90. I dont know too much about BP but I do know that top line between 100 and 120 and bottom between 60 and 80 is good. Since my weight loss I have excellent BP readings. For example this morning 106 over 61. I dont exercise. Most I do os a nice walk. So this is a result of weight loss only. Significant weight loss I admit. Started at 14 stone 7lbs (height 5 ft 9.5) and now 10 stone 10 lbs. Working on hubby's now which is elevated. He has himself lost 19lbs on low carb. About another 14 to go. Hoping his BP follows the pattern of mine as his bottom line high. Anyone with any helpful hints, much appreciated.

I get my BP done three times a year at the GP surgery. Mine, like my cholesterol has always been fine. I do get the feeling that checking blood pressure too many times contributes to elevated results.
Mind how you go.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,
4.7 for me.

We discovered yesterday our carport roof is sagging in one spot - a result of all the heavy wet snow and ice we've gotten this year (3 times the usual amount). It's a repair we need to have done this spring/summer before next winter - sigh.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get my BP done three times a year at the GP surgery. Mine, like my cholesterol has always been fine. I do get the feeling that checking blood pressure too many times contributes to elevated results.
Mind how you go.

My doctor said not to even bother checking my own BP at home anymore. Last time I did it was up and down 10-20 points in as many minutes. And the medics keep lowering the "ideal" numbers all the time ...

FBG 7.1 this morning. Then a check of the weather told me of killer tornadoes in the county where I went to university. Thankfully my friend's daughter, a student there, was home celebrating her mother's birthday and not in the path of the storms, but gosh, the destruction and deaths out in the countryside.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh my! Things needs to change at university!!! You dont need a fight when you've just been diagnosed. Their procedures need updating and fast!

Great news on your results. You must be so proud if yourself. Coming up trumps in the face of adversity.

Good luck with your remaining exams.

I know! My consultant was trying to fight it for me, but I didn’t want to waste time fighting when I could be revising as the university said here was no extra time that could be given to me. I tried to explain risk of hypos etc but hey wasn’t having any of it.

I think the university’s view was that ‘it might go away’. Bearing in mind I’m not overweight and I’m young it seems unlikely a lifestyle change would have got rid of the diabetes..... and 4 months later here I am being insulin dependant.... clearly was never going to go away lol!

Reactions: dunelm

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Little quote for today
FB_IMG_1548502209103.jpg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know! My consultant was trying to fight it for me, but I didn’t want to waste time fighting when I could be revising as the university said here was no extra time that could be given to me. I tried to explain risk of hypos etc but hey wasn’t having any of it.

I think the university’s view was that ‘it might go away’. Bearing in mind I’m not overweight and I’m young it seems unlikely a lifestyle change would have got rid of the diabetes..... and 4 months later here I am being insulin dependant.... clearly was never going to go away lol!
It's the last thing you needed. But you are rising to the challenge (s!).

Reactions: HarryBeau

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My doctor said not to even bother checking my own BP at home anymore. Last time I did it was up and down 10-20 points in as many minutes. And the medics keep lowering the "ideal" numbers all the time ...

FBG 7.1 this morning. Then a check of the weather told me of killer tornadoes in the county where I went to university. Thankfully my friend's daughter, a student there, was home celebrating her mother's birthday and not in the path of the storms, but gosh, the destruction and deaths out in the countryside.

Not the same I now but it was pretty windy in Lincoln last night and Keiran's student flat is on the top floor of a quite high building made him a little nervous.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
After an evening fighting orcs, mischevious imps and goblins that lurk in the nether regions of reality nitey nity all. Now just where did I leave my sanity wrist band for this reality.