What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I used to love roast pork Orson...we used to buy it at the the Ginger Pig butchers in Borough Market...that was of course before Borough Market became Uber trendy (we could afford it then)...however an unfortunate incident with a joint we bought that had the nipples still attached put me right off it...are we allowed to mention Nipples here?...if not apologies in advance:wideyed:
lol...... I get mine from the butchers...he wraps it all in a string parcel which makes it look oh so unlike the place you know it comes from..... At least its organic and I've seen how they live which is a start and while I have many vegan and vegetarian friends and am conceptually drawn to their arguments the ease of eating meat is at the mo one of my pleasures.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon - back from the future (The Netherlands). A 5.4 on the wonder wheel of misrepresented outpourings and lollygagging. Mind you, it was at 0430 in the “real world” so let’s not get too excited and last nights wine was not really on par.

Anyhow, after an interesting interpretation of “bacon and eggs and some English Breakfast tea” at Düsseldorf flughafen, I helped push the Dornier DO X onto the runway and we all jumped in an off we went. I love a flying boat - saves all that fuss talking about life jackets, whistles and blowing into tubes.

Bon Weekend everyone - have a wonderful rest of the day - wonder if the maybot is still operating on the same Duracell’s?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs to everyone who is experiencing cramping. I don't get that anymore, but I frequently get all-over aching. I have no idea what causes it.

Hugs to you and your friend, @JohnEGreen .

I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the water to boil and wondering what it was I'd forgotten ...

Oops. Testing. And a little too late to remedy that while you're chewing on the first bite of breakfast.

Oh, well. A test forgotten = a strip saved for another day. :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All. Not long back from eye clinic. Have proliferative retinopathy in one eye luckily other one is fine. Consultant was way too young to be one and had a good face for an undertaker but his jolly assistant more than made up for that with smiles and a trilling laugh. Anyway need a course of injections in my eye starting in a few weeks. One a month for 3 months then review of situation. Asked about going private but he said no point. Cant get my eye wet for a few days after each treatment to avoid infection according to my very serious NBF. Have to be exactly 4 weeks apart so need to start so avoid my hols on Cornwall in June.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Morning all!
FBG 0620 6.1. I ate an immoderate amount of almond butter late last night, feeling cocky after a long (for me) walk I'd taken. Sigh. I am aiming for lower. The DP gits me every day, and my usual winter rising time allows it plenty of time to take the bit and run away. Anything before 8:00 is a summer time, and 6:20 is VERY early. Now if I could inly go to bed at a reasonable hour
@gennepher I use a foam spray version which doesn't leave your leg messy. It's called Theraworx and I found it on Amazon first and my pharmacy after that. Not Cheap but if it keeps me from being catapulted out of bed by a cramp at 0500!!! I'll pay. American Ivory soap is just plain old soap, really old brand, "99 44/100 Pure" has been its advertising my whole life. It's cheap, it floats (more ads), and carves with a popsicle stick. Great for young kids' crafts.
@True Blue aww I love George Burns. "Good Night Gracie...." nope you're not droning. Way to go with the good result after APPLE!! I am droooling.....
@PenguinMum I sure hope you get some definitive plans today, not "oh you have to come back on Halloween for that discussion". If you use OH insurance things will move faster at least. Here we call that cat color orange, and he is indeed a right character! Ever since a kitten his nickname has been Wormy Squirmy. Self explanatory. We have all kinds of cat places, but they pick what they want. We lock *us* up at night in this house, but years ago we used a basement, or a specially installed door that closed off the bedroom hallway, or another ditto that let the cats have half the house and us the other half.
@MisplacedIdentity somewhere on here someone was doing a several-day fast, and I think initially had the rising bg's thing. Snap on the scrambled eggs! I find that getting up earlier helps to short circuit the dawn phenomenon. For me, it has to be a longer fast on the front end, and then get up really early. If I'm able, I try recently to walk before I eat, on the theory that that keeps it down.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All. Not long back from eye clinic. Have proliferative retinopathy in one eye luckily other one is fine. Consultant was way too young to be one and had a good face for an undertaker but his jolly assistant more than made up for that with smiles and a trilling laugh. Anyway need a course of injections in my eye starting in a few weeks. One a month for 3 months then review of situation. Asked about going private but he said no point. Cant get my eye wet for a few days after each treatment to avoid infection according to my very serious NBF. Have to be exactly 4 weeks apart so need to start so avoid my hols on Cornwall in June.
Hi.
Hugs for you. Lots of them x
>^..^<

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have proliferative retinopathy in one eye luckily other one is fine.

Consultant was way too young to be one and had a good face for an undertaker but his jolly assistant more than made up for that with smiles and a trilling laugh.

Anyway need a course of injections in my eye starting in a few weeks.
aw, that's a blow, but i guess the good news is the other one is fine.
and the short gap to stop and check shows promising confidence.

best wishes, hope it all goes smoothly.
looking forward to seeing YOUR holiday pics in june..:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs to everyone who is experiencing cramping. I don't get that anymore, but I frequently get all-over aching. I have no idea what causes it.

Hugs to you and your friend, @JohnEGreen .

I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the water to boil and wondering what it was I'd forgotten ...

Oops. Testing. And a little too late to remedy that while you're chewing on the first bite of breakfast.

Oh, well. A test forgotten = a strip saved for another day. :)

i've done that @SaskiaKC ..and i still test.

i read a post saying the time between mouthful and ingestion into system is 15 mins..so first bite..still can test successfully,
which kind of makes sense once you think about it.

but liking the positive spin...my kinda person, with a glass always half full.:D

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all!
FBG 0620 6.1. I ate an immoderate amount of almond butter late last night, feeling cocky after a long (for me) walk I'd taken. Sigh. I am aiming for lower. The DP gits me every day, and my usual winter rising time allows it plenty of time to take the bit and run away. Anything before 8:00 is a summer time, and 6:20 is VERY early. Now if I could inly go to bed at a reasonable hour
@gennepher I use a foam spray version which doesn't leave your leg messy. It's called Theraworx and I found it on Amazon first and my pharmacy after that. Not Cheap but if it keeps me from being catapulted out of bed by a cramp at 0500!!! I'll pay. American Ivory soap is just plain old soap, really old brand, "99 44/100 Pure" has been its advertising my whole life. It's cheap, it floats (more ads), and carves with a popsicle stick. Great for young kids' crafts.
@True Blue aww I love George Burns. "Good Night Gracie...." nope you're not droning. Way to go with the good result after APPLE!! I am droooling.....
@PenguinMum I sure hope you get some definitive plans today, not "oh you have to come back on Halloween for that discussion". If you use OH insurance things will move faster at least. Here we call that cat color orange, and he is indeed a right character! Ever since a kitten his nickname has been Wormy Squirmy. Self explanatory. We have all kinds of cat places, but they pick what they want. We lock *us* up at night in this house, but years ago we used a basement, or a specially installed door that closed off the bedroom hallway, or another ditto that let the cats have half the house and us the other half.
@MisplacedIdentity somewhere on here someone was doing a several-day fast, and I think initially had the rising bg's thing. Snap on the scrambled eggs! I find that getting up earlier helps to short circuit the dawn phenomenon. For me, it has to be a longer fast on the front end, and then get up really early. If I'm able, I try recently to walk before I eat, on the theory that that keeps it down.

Thanks for that. Will check out on Amazon.
Catapulted out of bed is the right description...
>^..^<

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8. I'm over the moon. I'm on my jolies and expected much worse. For one I'm on a half board basis.

... Sadly it came with dauphinoise potatoes slapped on the side. I cant win! Noisy little blighters they were.
Shouting 'eat me eat me!!!'. Persuasive too. I had 2 spoons to keep them happy!

Just a quick post today as it's our last day and going to make the most of it. Lots of walking. Managing to get lots if steps in over here. Love a nice long walk. Especially when there are such lovely views!!

Have a good day everyone.

haha...like it..:hilarious:

but good score as you say.

enjoy, and safe journey back :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lol...... I get mine from the butchers...he wraps it all in a string parcel which makes it look oh so unlike the place you know it comes from..... At least its organic and I've seen how they live which is a start and while I have many vegan and vegetarian friends and am conceptually drawn to their arguments the ease of eating meat is at the mo one of my pleasures.
I am pretty much the same Orson (apart from roast pork with crackling).

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i've done that @SaskiaKC ..and i still test.

i read a post saying the time between mouthful and ingestion into system is 15 mins..so first bite..still can test successfully,
which kind of makes sense once you think about it.

but liking the positive spin...my kinda person, with a glass always half full.:D

Thank you! Sometimes it seems more half empty; guess we all have days like that. :)

I will try and remember about the 15-minute thing -- oh, shoot, says my little finger, there goes getting out of a puncture wound another day ... ;)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@OrsonKartt Vitamin K2? Will look into that, and if course I'm not getting enough C any more am I! Can't take D, I was high on several labs in a row so was told to stop for a while. I used it to help with depression, which it really did, but I was taking the max allowable dose...
@Goacher55 lol re no- glasses/glasses readings. I like the second one better too!
@ianpspurs I am rolling my eyes at "pegan". What will they think of next, and does it all have to have hashtag-worthy names?
@Bubbsie I have a (tries to be) small snack every night too as I take advil right before I go to bed. Get old, get aches and pains lol. I'm sure FBG would be better if I didn't, but like @ianpspurs 's horses for courses, I pays my money and I takes my choice re which body system I'm going to protect and cherish at any given moment, because some of the cherishings are contradictory to others....
@jjraak whatever this Imperial Leather Ivory is, it's not what I meant :joyful::joyful: let's see if I can get a link for you https://ivory.com/bar-soap the perfect picture! Have fun Sunday. I love you crowds of bikers but NOT the noise; first person to make a mute for Harley's wins a Nobel Prize for peace! :hilarious:
Y'all... I can't keep up with this thread even on vacay, when I'm doing nothing! I'll never make it at home. Off to grocery shop.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Chums, I have a question...

This intermittent fasting malarkey, got to admit I am a fan , does anyone else include tea ( with milk I’m afraid) in the fasting part. I was
5.4 at 9 am
5.4 at 12 pm.
5.8 at 3 pm interesting isn’t it I’m a huge spread sheet fan and a graph fan so to excel I shall go.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all!
FBG 0620 6.1. I ate an immoderate amount of almond butter late last night, feeling cocky after a long (for me) walk I'd taken. Sigh. I am aiming for lower. The DP gits me every day, and my usual winter rising time allows it plenty of time to take the bit and run away.

I have said it before: if I ever win the lottery I will buy a horse and name it Dawn Phenomenon. It may not win the Derby on either side of the Atlantic, but I am sure it will be the winner out on the gallops every morning!

jack1.png

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a (tries to be) small snack every night too as I take advil right before I go to bed. Get old, get aches and pains lol. I'm sure FBG would be better if I didn't, but like @ianpspurs 's horses for courses, I pays my money and I takes my choice re which body system I'm going to protect and cherish at any given moment, because some of the cherishings are contradictory to others....
It does work for me but not for everyone...I found when I didn't have anything to eat from 6/7pm to the following morning my FBG was higher...now I've started again it does seem to be coming down...I aim to keep experimenting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up finally ..feel very unrested,, but off today, so handy but still much to do..........

and @gennepher thanks for that.. strangely..(blush) i had indian tonic water last night..
it looked lonely so i introduced it to Mr Vodka..seemed to get on swimmingly..

so i don;t think that helps me, sadly.

...........:nurse:

:) At least it made a friend...

>^..^<

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Chums, I have a question...

This intermittent fasting malarkey, got to admit I am a fan , does anyone else include tea ( with milk I’m afraid) in the fasting part. I was
5.4 at 9 am
5.4 at 12 pm.
5.8 at 3 pm interesting isn’t it I’m a huge spread sheet fan and a graph fan so to excel I shall go.

No, but it seems as though it’s OK to do so:

“As for having coffee or tea during your fast — you should be just fine. As a general rule of thumb, if you drink something with less than 50 calories, then your body will remain in the fasted state. So, your coffee with a splash of milk or cream is just fine.”

Taken from here:

https://jamesclear.com/reader-mailbag-intermittent-fasting

I just put “ tea with milk when intermittent fasting” into search engine and up popped a load of replies, all saying pretty much the same thing.