What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarrisonK
birthdaymulticolor.gif

@zauberflote
thanks for telling me about the Furminator. :) I use a plastic pocket people comb that gets down to the undercoat and removes lots of hairs. I use it in Shedding Season, which is just starting to end. What works best for getting out the most loose hairs is a good massage and back scratch. The KittenCat loves it and we always end up with a huge fluff of hair. Next year I plan to try to remember to save these and put them out by the bird feeders in the garden for nesting materials. Recycling!

I hope everyone is enjoying this Saturday. I clocked in at 6.5 about an hour ago and am now enjoying a cup of tea while putting off getting up to do the dishes and make the bed. Someone from a local book fair organization will be coming by sometime after noon to collect the 2 bags full of books i pulled from my shelves yesterday. Hmm -- that just reminds me -- when I was little I knew "Baa Baa Black Sheep" in Spanish. :D

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
last night before bed : 5.5. One of the lowest readings in a while.

6.3 this morning. Not bad and not unhappy but was expecting (hoping rather!) that it would be below 6!!! But alas...

Anyway Sunday.... so probably some chores, some garden maintenance, some shopping.

And a lot of cleaning up of the house. yesterday we were expecting 10 teenage boys based on our son’s brief... but as it turns out we had over 20 teenagers !!!! we had to double the pizza order but it was fun... i was pleasantly surprised at how nice the kids were... they actually cleaned up the kitchen and dining area ....

hope everyone has a great Sunday

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.6 at 5:30 am

I am happy with that.

Looks sunny already. Clear blue skies, albeit quite cold. Outdoors is a cold 3.1C according to my weather thingy on my bedroom wall. Humidity 73. Looked at weather app. It says brilliant sun all day. So looks like Sun-day is living up to its name....

Potting shed calls for me and cat once the sun has climbed high enough to warm it. It is just touching the tops of my trees at the moment. I live a bit high up.

I’ve run out of coffee. It’s always by the kettle. But I am sure I bought 3 jars last week...but where did I put it? A cuppa tea with my morning chocolate is not anywhere near the same. Yuch. How can you lose 3 jars of coffee?

Have a good day.
>^..^<

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...what a day yesterday... we set about the garden with great enthusiasm until the first lot of rain arrived...we retreated inside for a break...out again...more rain....back inside...out again... hailstones... back inside... it continued like that for most of the day/evening like a Benny Hill sketch...notwithstanding that we got loads done...masses of weeding planting even reseeded some of the bare patches on the lawn...I used muscles I thought had packed up and left home years ago...full of aches & pains this morning but satisfied we've made a good start...woke to a 6.3...after all that work I was starving...jerk chicken & rice (yum yum yum)

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
6.6 this morning at 7.30. 21.8g of carbs yesterday. Barbeque on the beach resulted in 112g fat and 128g protein. I think I'll cut down on the protein today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Corporal Clot of the 1st Fenland Irregulars reporting in with a 5.3. Beautiful sunny morning with neatly cut grass glistening in the sun, not a cloud in the sky and six eggs collected from the chickens already. Fbg aside like being in my own version of paradise. Decent enough fbg but well above best and there is this nagging doubt that LC has had its heyday as far as my response is concerned. Guess I must be like Mr Asquith - (look it up) Hope you all have at least some part of the day as spiffing and uplifting as my start - ignoring the elephant in the room. @HarrisonK grass cutting is my idea of properly useful exercise - I do so like a well cut lawn. @trick60 your day sounds idyllic to me, enjoy.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning - so my run of 6s continues.
Have been relaxing reading the posts in the forum with my Nespresso. @gennepher and @Bubbsie - to run out of coffee would be a nightmare for me also.

Am looking forward to a lovely walk in the sunshine with the doggies to see the rhodedendroms the park is famous for. The parkland is hilly woodland with stunning views over the sea. Then relaxing with a coffee. The only sad part is that it is UHT cream.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.1 today after Indian t/a and choosing badly. It seems the only thing I can tolerate is the dry Tandoori chicken and it isnt as tasty as Chicken Bhuna and makes an easy dinner feel like a punishment. I think next time I will stick to just cauliflower Bhajee because it has nice flavour. Only myself to blame and hardly a big problem in the scheme of things. A walk is defo on my cards today though we have some paperwork to go through together when football isnt the priority.
@ianpspurs I hope your little grandson is better, that sounded horrible for one so young.
@Goacher55 hug for the restless night, nothing worse, maybe a little snooze later.
Hope the coffee supplies are restored to those in need!
Have a great sunny Sunday. Stay well, stay safe.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.9 this morning a bit of a minor miracle as for our 45th anniversary yesterday we indulged somewhat during the day finishing by ordering in an Indian meal and I had a Buryani with Roti and .Peshawari Naan with onion bhaji for starter.

BS went into double figures but by bed time was back down to 6.3 so not so bad.