What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Viv19

Evening all. Bit better food wise today.

Brunch was 3 rashers bacon, 2 fried eggs and some grated cheese at the cafe near work. Afternoon snack of 20g Tesco 85% chocolate. So much easier to moderate intake when the chocolate belongs to someone else.

Dinner was large portion of slow cooked lamb shoulder shanks. Then a dessert of 30g Montezumas 100% with orange and cocoa nibs almost melted in the microwave and mixed with double cream to form a mousse.

@DJC3 my eggs have not arrived yet. They’re being delivered to work, so will leave one there over the weekend to exercise some portion control.

@Viv19 congrats on the blood results.

Thank you.
Eggs as in choccy I presume. ;))

Viv19

Congratulations on blood test results @Viv19. I see on the news Cornish donkeys have become mysteriously bereft of hind legs today - @DJC3 and @PenguinMum did you see anything which may help? So today was no B, tea and soya cocoa until NE1 or lunch. That was mackerel and avocado salad with acv and EVO vinaigrette. The taste of the vinaigrette has always been a favourite even pre LC - can't think of any other LC flavour that comes close for me. NE2 was short rib casserole/stew thingy - functional but well below the salad in enjoyment. Only had red meat 2 days running because a visitor was staying over.
@DJC3 glad the fodmap information was helpful. Good to know I/we have a clue about one way of eating because this remains a mystery.

Thanks Ianpspurs.
Translation please acv and EVO?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on blood test results @Viv19. I see on the news Cornish donkeys have become mysteriously bereft of hind legs today - @DJC3 and @PenguinMum did you see anything which may help? So today was no B, tea and soya cocoa until NE1 or lunch. That was mackerel and avocado salad with acv and EVO vinaigrette. The taste of the vinaigrette has always been a favourite even pre LC - can't think of any other LC flavour that comes close for me. NE2 was short rib casserole/stew thingy - functional but well below the salad in enjoyment. Only had red meat 2 days running because a visitor was staying over.
@DJC3 glad the fodmap information was helpful. Good to know I/we have a clue about one way of eating because this remains a mystery.

Come to think of it no hind legs on donkeys in our vicinity!
Matching fodmaps and lchf eating is a bit of a pain isn’t it? She’s going back to the smoke today and won’t be moving here permanently until mid Aug, so I’m hoping she’ll have got a better handle on it by then and will have figured out what works for her, then we can try to tackle joint eating plans - even if it means just cooking a much bigger variety of veg so we can all pick and choose.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Come to think of it no hind legs on donkeys in our vicinity!
Matching fodmaps and lchf eating is a bit of a pain isn’t it? She’s going back to the smoke today and won’t be moving here permanently until mid Aug, so I’m hoping she’ll have got a better handle on it by then and will have figured out what works for her, then we can try to tackle joint eating plans - even if it means just cooking a much bigger variety of veg so we can all pick and choose.
A post so good you named it twice:angelic: Good luck getting your head round fodmap and most versions of lchf. I think we have been really helped by accepting we will mostly eat quite different meals and frequently at different times because that is how our systems operate best. Biggest problem for us is eating out - I would happily just have a cup/pot of tea while Julie eats but apparently she feels uncomfortable with that. Suits me perfectly not eating out but maybe if we move Julie could eat out with DILs. Best wishes for solving the riddle and hugs to your daughter - it is an evil condition. At least I am just about navigating lc/T2 - IBS just seems to flare out of nowhere how ever much care Julie takes.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Food eaten today:

Two boiled eggs wrapped in ham.
Some bits chocolate
Two crispbread and butter.
1 homemade scone and butter
A piece of fish without batter.

Some bits chocolate

Coffee with cream x2

Tea with cream

Water with pinch salt. Water with lemon.

I think that is it...

>^..^<

Last edited:

Viv19

Food eaten today:

Two boiled eggs wrapped in ham.
Some bits chocolate
Two crisp bread and butter.
1 homemade scone and butter
A piece of fish without batter.

Some bits chocolate

Coffee with cream x2

Tea with cream

Water with pinch salt. Water with lemon.

I think that is it...

>^..^<

I have an image of you attempting to wrap eggs in ham - it can’t be easy. ;)

Reactions: gennepher

Viv19

A post so good you named it twice:angelic: Good luck getting your head round fodmap and most versions of lchf. I think we have been really helped by accepting we will mostly eat quite different meals and frequently at different times because that is how our systems operate best. Biggest problem for us is eating out - I would happily just have a cup/pot of tea while Julie eats but apparently she feels uncomfortable with that. Suits me perfectly not eating out but maybe if we move Julie could eat out with DILs. Best wishes for solving the riddle and hugs to your daughter - it is an evil condition. At least I am just about navigating lc/T2 - IBS just seems to flare out of nowhere how ever much care Julie takes.

Who has the IBS, you or Julie? I ask because I was supposed to have that. Discovered after over 20 years that I was lactose intolerant, and also a couple of odd food intolerances - pineapple and real vanilla, the latter appearing more and more often as foodies replace the old cheap imitations with the real stuff. I can only eat the imitation stuff. A blood test indicated the culprits.

Reactions: maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Who has the IBS, you or Julie? I ask because I was supposed to have that. Discovered after over 20 years that I was lactose intolerant, and also a couple of odd food intolerances - pineapple and real vanilla, the latter appearing more and more often as foodies replace the old cheap imitations with the real stuff. I can only eat the imitation stuff. A blood test indicated the culprits.
Julie has IBS, I am just intolerant - absolutely no tests needed. Good to hear medics eventually diagnosed your issues.

Reactions: gennepher

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do wonder if my gut ‘issues’ would now fall under the IBS umbrella... but since I am now symptom free (so long as I stay carnivore), it isn’t something that needs diagnosis, tests or trying toget my doc to take an interest. Thank goodness.

Been rather busy the last few days, and neglecting this thread. :(

Mainly freezer diving (on account of all the busy-ness) :)
Breakfast has well and truly fallen by the wayside. Such an inconvenient meal.

Rest of the time is mainly cheese slices for lunch, and either curry, cheesey mince or oxcheeks for supper. Plus Lindt 70% :D

Enjoying reading all your input, even if mine is rather boring.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Long spoon needed today for supping with satanic double cream. Gross impost on my mouth led to a nightmare scenario for me - cream in drinks as basic source of energy. Initially tea with almond milk. Since 13.50 2 x CWC (French vanilla filter) more TWAM and probably some tea with cream later. Sat here with wood burner blazing, base layer, long sleeved shirt, fleece and hoodie and I have paid for the pleasure with more fees when the crown is fitted:bigtears::bigtears:

Viv19

We couldn’t agree where to have breakfast after leaving the ferry so we didn’t.
Tea. Cwc
Lunch cod fried in butter, broccoli, a tomato in with the cod. I fancied some tartar sauce but there wasn’t any chez Dad, so I had some coleslaw instead. Raspberries and blueberries with Greek yoghurt.
Evening. LC bread with ham and cheese. 50 gm strawberries with double cream (yes! while I’m in England I’m eating that.) and yoghurt.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Iceland is definitely going more upmarket. Their seafood selection is very good. They also sell some really rubbish food though.
Can't disagree on that although the very rubbish food is definitely in Farmfoods.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We couldn’t agree where to have breakfast after leaving the ferry so we didn’t.
Tea. Cwc
Lunch cod fried in butter, broccoli, a tomato in with the cod. I fancied some tartar sauce but there wasn’t any chez Dad, so I had some coleslaw instead. Raspberries and blueberries with Greek yoghurt.
Evening. LC bread with ham and cheese. 50 gm strawberries with double cream (yes! while I’m in England I’m eating that.) and yoghurt.

Gosh, have you brought a truck load of LC bread and bread rolls with you?

Reactions: Viv19

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.3 FBG 7.1 - Rain was awful for most of the day. School opened the gym and the dinner hall to get all the kiddies inside. After I almost swam home and got my bag ready for Aqua. We could have just stood outside it was so wet.
B. TAG with ADOC. Quick slice of Tesco high protein bread with Philadelphia pre Aqua.
L. 1/2 avocado with the remains of a prawn cocktail (but I got more this morning).
D. Salmon fillet coated with a mix of mayo, parmesan, paprika and a little tomato puree and oven cooked. This was a Diet Doctor recipe but they do it with chilli paste.
I also mixed up more of that Quick raspberry mousse. Will have some later with a few raspberries.
Great results @Viv19. Well done.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: gouda and chorizo rollitos followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: mushroom and mature cheddar omelette with leafy salad, two cherry tomatoes and cucumber followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Out filming with Diet Doctor this afternoon - driving and walking all round east London with a ridiculous number of cameras, including a drone.

Food intake has been a pack of M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos for breakfast, bacon, eggs and cheese for lunch and a very late dinner of carnivore pizza with pepperoni and Polish sausage. Followed up with a desert of melted Montezumas Absolute Black with orange and cocoa nibs mixed with double cream.