What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on 15/1
5.4 on 16/1

Getting behind again!

Will catch up tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200117-003717_Pinterest.jpg
    Screenshot_20200117-003717_Pinterest.jpg
    835.4 KB · Views: 82

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mrs MC only ever buys Le Chameau Neoprene Lined Wellington Boots with a walking sole. Bearing in mind she wears them every day to muck out her horse and walk him to and from the field which can also be very muddy and wet. Also on holiday when by the sea and camping and winter days they last ages, the last pair lasted 12 years before starting to let in water. I have a pair which are now 15 years old the only problem was I spiked them with a fork in the garden, a repair with the material they sent sorted that and they remain waterproof. They are also extremely comfortable. A little expensive but still cheaper than replacing poor quality boots every year or so IMO. Worth a look especially if you can get some in a sale.

View attachment 37869

Lovely! Just what I've been looking for!
Thank you and thanks to Mrs MC. :)

Winnie-the-Pooh

Mrs MC only ever buys Le Chameau Neoprene Lined Wellington Boots with a walking sole. Bearing in mind she wears them every day to muck out her horse and walk him to and from the field which can also be very muddy and wet. Also on holiday when by the sea and camping and winter days they last ages, the last pair lasted 12 years before starting to let in water. I have a pair which are now 15 years old the only problem was I spiked them with a fork in the garden, a repair with the material they sent sorted that and they remain waterproof. They are also extremely comfortable. A little expensive but still cheaper than replacing poor quality boots every year or so IMO. Worth a look especially if you can get some in a sale.

View attachment 37869

Omg I need those boots . I need red .

Reactions: HarryBeau

Winnie-the-Pooh

View attachment 37869

I currently have these from Coach . But want the ones you sent in red .

IMG_4802.jpg

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, 6.2 on the dice of doom, put too much cheese in last nights omelette and couldn't possibly take any out.
I'm normally shouting about it being Friday but couldn't resist the lure of filthy lucre and am going in to work tomorrow.
Have a lovely day all.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a better sleep but not enough as off to work this morning...the heady delights of East London await me Poplar on a wet Friday morning...looking forward to getting back into at least a semi routine haven't done any work since mid December...coffee with double cream is there anything better...woke to a 6.6

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a better sleep but not enough as off to work this morning...the heady delights of East London await me Poplar on a wet Friday morning...looking forward to getting back into at least a semi routine haven't done any work since mid December...coffee with double cream is there anything better...woke to a 6.6

Have a good day. :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today 6.5. Maybe higher than usual because I have some sort of lurgy. Perhaps a cold or one of my allergies has flared up. Hard to tell because it is so mild I barely feel under the weather.

You wouldn't think that something so mild would affect blood sugars.

This year is 20 years since I quit work and started to teach exercise and rehab from injuries. It seemed such a risky venture at the time to follow my dream and leave my secure employment with the County Council and strike out on my own. I never dreamt that it would have gone so well.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone and “hello Friday” from the dark and dangerous north and the march of the welly boots.

The wonder wheel of a cotoletta alla bolognese with a peppery buttermilk sauce came in at 4.5 this a.m.

I love Italian food and one of my surviving cook books after a perge a couple of years ago is The Silver Spoon the English version of the famous Il cucchiaio d’argento, containing some 2000 recipes collected from around Italy in the 1950’s. As the first sentence states, “Eating is a serious matter in Italy.” - It’s also quite serious if you are trying to influence a cacophony of uncooperative organs and hormones. No buttermilk for the sauce so I did the old trick of adding a tablespoon of white vinegar to a cup of double cream and waited for the magic.

Have a wonderful day if you can, here is my, our, contribution to the fascinating world of welly boots.

upload_2020-1-17_7-18-21.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. If you don't fit into those categories sorry read no further. Hehehehe.

Yesterday when all my troubles seemed so far away a 6.5.
Today now it looks their here to stay a 7.6.
I blame the Beatles and my meter, It couldn't have been me.

It wasn't until 21:15 yesterday when I had time to post, today is looking slightly better, until Mrs J get out of her pit / lair.
Well folks enjoy today, if you can avoid saying yes or no and making decisions, that should bring a smile to somebody's face.
Now me and me's have planning meeting to attend with koffy.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. "Hamburger" post incoming. Fbg 4.9, The Fungster's eating pattern makes some sense, new socks, cricket to watch soon, lovely dog picture and 2 psalms to explore @SaskiaKC.
Dog looks just like our Duke who had to be euthanized last year and, as Carly Simon said, I miss him more than I ever knew. Looking beyond top line number, resting pulse up above 60 this week :bigtears: and no poor functionality - blaming keto flu but could be a virus. @Krystyna23040 hug for higher - reason unknown - reading. After exhaustive searches I have found wellie boots (Joules) I can walk in and get off on my own (also half price). Staying in their box until relocated to Suffolk and new dogs.
@Muddy Cyclist food all sounds just what you needed and all that cycling, music making and art work probably doing its bit to balance you perfectly well. @trick60 I assume (never met you but posts give a good clue) not the lure of filthy lucre but love of family and using your God given talent drives you most. So Antony of Egypt and Charles Gore to remember today. Psalm 67 v 1 seems like a good enough wish for y'all today. Toodle Pip.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.8 which after last nights cake binge is very pleasing.

Granddaughter day, so another day of being a silly grandad :)

A tin of paint?

Do the best with your day that you are able.

Granddaughter day - fabulous, not envious at all. Be as silly as you can be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this rainy morning and on the 6th day of carni-omad, my ketosis is still zilch.

#transitgate is still daily but I have lost 2kg in weight. My intention was to fast full-on from tomorrow but I might continue the omad for a few more days.
Great fbg. Maybe a little virtual swapsie needed - you can have some of my ketones if you can fix my broken gate that won't open.:angelic:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9 at 4am.....

Painting for my daily challenge to myself...
A4558299-9735-48CA-8BFC-3143A5FC4668.jpeg

Acrylics. A4 sized.
This was meant to be just the 3 trees. But stupidly I started them too high on the page. Oops. So then I got the fan brush (it had just been the flat brush to put a thin coat of white initially on the page and then the two men's shaving brushes for painting the background and blending and the leaves on the trees, and the rigger brush for the tree trunks and branches - it was meant to be a quicker painting today, half hour up to this point) and tried to do some greenery (ferns???) at the front. Those blinking ferns took another half hour to paint!!!!!!

Thank you for the hugs for my hand. I have been doing some exercises my friend told me to do, and I found my small metal Chinese exercise balls which are suitable for hand exercises. Years ago I could manipulate 3 of those small balls in my hand, now I am having difficulty to get two of them to move round the palm of my hand....

There are so many things I am meant to do on a daily basis that I could spend all day doing these exercises etc, and I meditate daily too (and this is important to set my mind for the day and I might meditate up to a couple of hours and it's not timed, I just do it until I am ready to come out of it, it's just the way I do that)...what about life and living and doing my own stuff or even shopping for food? So, quite a bit falls by the wayside. I am sure it could be the same for the rest of you?

Got some messages and important official stuff to deal with today. So got to get psyched up for that!

Take care and hugs and have fun.
Making another coffee now and reading back on your posts, then I will vanish....