What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3.7! Way too low on the libre. So I'm going to put new sensor on tomorrow and start scanning with libre reader which I have not used. Something isn't right with my mobile phone readings. Lots more lower readings have resulted in my estimated hba1c going down to 29!!!! From 33!!! In a few days. Which proves to me that eating high carb which would give higher readings would result in higher hba1c (quickly). And consequently more chance of complications What don't diabetes.org.uk get about this? They encourage high carb (full of sugar) low fat (full of sugar).

On a lighter note I love working with my local community. With 5 gp surgeries. Holding pt to pt support sessions. And when I get feedback like this (from the practice managers relative, the PM who BYPASSED the DNs and referred relative to ME!!!!).

'Debra, thank you for all your help and information. So much I didn’t know!!!! We are following your guidance and ****** has lost 23 pounds!!!!! When this virus is over, and the mad rush to doctors is over () we will get ****** checked again, and am sure he will no longer be borderline diabetic Thanks to you, and to **** for getting me in touch with you ❤️

So happy to have got this feedback.

On a sad note, my eyes are suffering badly at the moment. I got dry eyes when I worked as census coordinator for Blackpool central. I had to put so many additional hours in just to keep up with my 'patch'. No extra pay for the extra hours worked so I had to write complaint letter. Long story short got 3k in backpay and took them to small claims court for annual leave pay that covered those hours. But all the hours on the laptop brought on issues with dry eyes. Subsided after about 3 years but back with a vengeance these past 2 days! Too much time online surfing info on coronavirus. Very uncomfortable for me. So going to try to curtail my time online for a few days, to try to heal. Will hopefully read but won't post (much). Gutted but eyes are so tired. Nightmare. This cironavirus has a lot to answer for!!!!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've had a good day today.
The upstairs laundry room is open again so now I have two loads drying at once.
My Amazon order that was due tomorrow night arrived tonight: the KittenCat now has 50 cans of cat food.
I found I had a surprise gift certificate when I checked out at Amazon, so the cat food was free.

19c79b729b91c9c800c66633fe110788.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 today.

Outside its another gorgeous start to the day.

Take a moment to remember the world is full of wonder even though we are surrounded by Uncertainties and troubling times. Most of all take care, be safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this sunny morning:)

I am off to the co-op/chemist to pick up some supplies, list includes whisky and Bailey's so, y'know, LCHF :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 on the meter. Meanwhile, IRL, anything could be going on. Trust issues? Well, I'm not sure I'd buy a used car from you LIz
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...even though not at work a busy couple of days answering phone calls & emails plus a lots of social media...not a great sleep but enough to get me up & downstairs for my coffee...a beautiful bright sunny morning if a little cold the beasts are out making the most of the sunshine and terrifying the local twigs we have a collection of Lola's twigs scattered all over the rug...woke to a 6.7 off for more coffee & a little breakfast.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.8 after the late night spoons of peanut butter!
Chilly and sunny at the same time when I fed Mr & Mrs Fuzz. He did try to stick his beak in her food but I said no so he sighed and went back to his own.
Funny how Thursday is Bin Day for some when its Fishfinger Day chez moi.
@SaskiaKC that was a great day for you yesterday and a result for the KC too.
Hope you all have a good Thursday. Most importantly, stay/get well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had a good day today.
The upstairs laundry room is open again so now I have two loads drying at once.
My Amazon order that was due tomorrow night arrived tonight: the KittenCat now has 50 cans of cat food.
I found I had a surprise gift certificate when I checked out at Amazon, so the cat food was free.

19c79b729b91c9c800c66633fe110788.jpg

Sounds like the kind of day for a whoopin an a hollerin an a roping of the hogs (old fenland saying - probably much older by the time you get to read this)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day of possibilities in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of turning leftover fish into Jamaican Dub Reggae fishcakes came in at 4.9 this am

The expansion of the seed beds continues at pace and I am fast running out of room on the kitchen windowsill. Yesterday included a couple of seeds salvaged from a bitter lime, purple sprouting broccoli and some seeds collected last year in France from a plant that I can’t remember apart from it had blue flowers and was climbing up a wall.

Here is a link that demonstrates how to make a face visor for yourself using just an alice band and an A4 punched pocket.

https://www.facebook.com/100015344388679/posts/822034724984666/

Have as wonderful a day as you can, koffy calls.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...even though not at work a busy couple of days answering phone calls & emails plus a lots of social media...not a great sleep but enough to get me up & downstairs for my coffee...a beautiful bright sunny morning if a little cold the beasts are out making the most of the sunshine and terrifying the local twigs we have a collection of Lola's twigs scattered all over the rug...woke to a 6.7 off for more coffee & a little breakfast.
Good to see you back...just you wait till the mice and birds replace the twigs....I know its nature but I dont like it. Bobs is the most ferocious feline hunter I’ve ever had whereas Daisy couldnt catch a cold. I can rescue the mice and set them free but once the birds are injured theres nothing to be done. Nature.

Reactions: HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who understand that to much idiot box is not a good thing.

Today a low 4.7, that meter is under surveillance.

I have been requested to act like a grup today.
Grup is sort or grownup, why? I have no idea, but Mrs J has been looking at me strangely the last few days.
Well folks have a great day and **** a snoot to the world.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great song, another we perform, solo guitar voice and Cajon with a little Recorder thrown in during instrumental. Based on a bourree, not very difficult to play, lots of tutorials on YouTube. Get Fritz out and have ago.

Blackbird" was inspired by Johann Sebastian Bach's Bourrée in E minor, a well-known lute piece, often played on the classical guitar. As teenagers, he and George Harrison tried to learn Bourrée as a "show off" piece. The Bourrée is distinguished by melody and bass notes played simultaneously on the upper and lower strings. McCartney adapted a segment of the Bourrée (reharmonised into the original's relative major key of G) as the opening of "Blackbird", and carried the musical idea throughout the song.
That is really interesting. I had no idea that Blackbird" was inspired by Johann Sebastian Bach's Bourrée in E minor. Blackbird is a particular favourite of mine.

Reactions: dunelm

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Odd how I got so busy even though we're all self isolating just didn't think about posting...dreading the real hunting PM now they are getting used to going out I'm beginning to close the door for a half hour or so...today while they're out the door is being closed so if they catch anything they can't bring it in...didn't have a cat flap put in the new doors & windows when we got here after Gorgeous & Churchill in London who brought lord knows what home.