What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
very late, apologies.

ad the most awful day,

And just took the chance to watch the full panorama show again,

not sure as i missed so much today, but did anyone from govt
respond to it..?
can't seem to find much on line.

the line "the govt are sowing panic amongst NHS staff" was frightening
in the extreme..i thought the briefings said they were on top of this.?

in other news my BG late were 6.4
never got the chance to eat today, so my longest fast
10 pm last night to 9;45 pm tonight.

and while the day consumed me, i didn't feel that unwell as i normally do,
though i was unwell in other ways i won't explain here..

yet even though the numbers were higher then expected,
it does makes me think my body keeps me in balance when the lack of carbs/food is diminished , regardless.
DP all day..mmhh ?

stay well all.
lets do it all again tomorrow ,
god willing.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sure we all stay up to date,
but this rather clarifies that need to have sensitive discussions with family re wishes etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52473524

"Dr Annemarie Docherty, honorary consultant in critical care at the University of Edinburgh, said:
"If there is very-little-to-no aspiration to recovery, I don't think we're doing these people any favours by bringing them to an intensive care unit.

I think is a very appropriate and very mature discussion that we're having in UK hospitals at the moment."

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sure we all stay up to date,
but this rather clarifies that need to have sensitive discussions with family re wishes etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52473524
Sobering facts indeed. I tick 2 out of 3 boxes, Old, can't do anything about, Male, don't wish to do anything about. Obese, not any more but then there is that Plus 1 Type 2 Diabetic in remission box.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning 5.9 for me today.

My deafness in left ear is not improving and now is sore, not aching, so I have to now work out who to contact. :banghead: Probably take up most of my day.

Do the best you can with your day, take care.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning folks. 5.2 shown by the Tee 2 ometer - meh. Skinnybread making nicely in the bread maker - 0.2 gms carb per 35 gms and subtle taste of the apricot from apricot stone flour - I jest thee not. Hope the ear issue can be resolved @Muddy Cyclist; glad water is back @gennepher; hope today is a better day @jjraak . Hagrid had it right - stick to it Harry, stick to it. That's most important, that is. Pip pip old toots.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shopping still feels a very risky venture.
It does MC thankfully I have managed to find several click & collect slots...off to collect shopping this morning and another on Sunday that should last for several weeks...I did notice on Monday that some just do not appreciate the social distancing even with distinctive hazard tape marking the distance there should be between shoppers.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a reasonable sleep so prepared for battle at the click & collect Tesco's in an hour or so amazed I got a slot...two other slots reserved elsewhere prior to securing the Tesco slot so those are now cancelled & free for others...planning the shopping is proving a challenging distraction but them I switch on the news ugh...amazed last night to see the cases of champagne being paraded through Downing Street in these days of the increasing use of food banks you'd think they could have been a little more sensitive and taken it through the service entrance...enjoying the silence & sunshine as I sip my coffee completely forgot my FBG no point now...keep safe everyone

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
30-04-2020
7.40am, FBG 5.4
Must have been tired, woken by 7.30 alarm, now feeling all behind, which is nonsense ofc.
day started with a surge of energy. Its sunny, wonderful. Then sat down, had breakfast, now plugged into laptop and not even dressed:couchpotato:
Get on with it Lizzy.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 and the sky is blue again for a while ;)

My role today is to be a shoulder for someone who needs compassion more than I do.

I refuse to allow the state of the world to make me grumpy, as Rhett Butler said, "Frankly my dear,".

[Mod edit for breach of forum conduct.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Doggies walked in the sunshine. Washing done.

Today must look at the extensive course notes sent prior to my Zoom course tomorrow. Must put a post it note on.my computer. Take cover off webcam before course starts.

Am thinking of getting all my CPD points for the year online rather than going to London. I have a 3 day course booked and paid for in London at end of June. Am thinking it is too risky to attend as it means using the train and staying in a hotel. Am hoping that it will be cancelled. I am too scared to go even if it goes ahead.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 6.8 this morning hmmmm

Sorry folks to break this news as bluntly as this, their is a high probability that this might be my last post ever.

I have been instructed by Mrs J to cut her hair and if it's not to her satisfaction......
I am now at risk in two categories, Mrs J being the most dangerous.