What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...had such a long drawn out day yesterday working so need a decent sleep...managed a whole 6 hours which is fine for me...working again waiting on phone calls & app links been so busy!...woke to a 6.2 sweltering in this heat up to 31 degrees today I am at home working & hiding from the sun...keep safe everyone almost the weekend (again0 where is this time going

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's ridiculous & downright dangerous

Sure it's many places, but this is LONDON.
Most places I have gone I've seen similar

If the "Masks ain't COOL" wallies don't get us, sure to be the "alcohol kills COVID STONE DEAD!! " Crowd

Who will be sure to give that 2nd wave as much chance as possible, for a good run at the remaining population

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all you wannabe Rick Grimes.
A lull between level 1 & level 2, methinks,
Though praying there IS NO level two, obv.

Up with the lark, TWO. yep TWO to be dropped at work this morning.:D

Our Steph now back at work.
Both work in same-ish area, so drop off quite do able .

Traffic still light, I guess a few taking advantage and staying off a while longer to enjoy the good weather

One more step yesterday back to some semblance of normality.

Neice to cemetery, our first meet in 3 months.
Task completed
And yesterday, me & her up to her brothers, such a Nice sight to see them reunite for the first time in so long .

SD went ok, but have to admit to. Man hug, with him and his boys, then disinfect , before settling down for a catch up and a few shandies (driving).

Like so many, am ignoring the govt shambolic unproven advice and taking my lead from the real science, & what I see with my boots on, here at ground zero of the UK pandemic.

I hope all are taking similar and doing what's best for them, despite the feeling many think it's all over.

Passed this restaurant yesterday,...
View attachment 42315

Mmmhhh....not sure many were eating, looked more like a sunny day at the pub pre covid.

Stay safe &
Well...and as Shaw Taylor
Once said. "Keep em peeled"

:)
Yep, lots of social distancing going on now we are down to 1foot or 6inches+
With everyone taking care and being vigilant, let’s hope that the ground zero will not now be in Brixton.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sure it's many places, but this is LONDON.
Most places I have gone I've seen similar

If the "Masks ain't COOL" wallies don't get us, sure to be the "alcohol kills COVID STONE DEAD!! " Crowd

Who will be sure to give that 2nd wave as much chance as possible, for a good run at the remaining population
Right on cue the freedom loving Brits show common sense:
"A major incident has been declared after thousands of people defied advice to stay away and descended on beaches in Bournemouth on the hottest day of the year so far.

A multi-agency emergency response has been activated by BCP (Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole) Council to co-ordinate resources across the area to tackle the issues." From the Torygraph - Corbyn, EU, Momentum to blame obs. Really taking back control atm. Augurs well for the future.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are staying at the hotel " Well Hydrated " in this heat.
A 5.8 on the meter of misbehaving this morning.

Well fellow posters I went for an early 6:45am walk this morning around the estate at the back of my house, what a revelation, it was their recycling collection day, the amount of beer, wine and spirit bottles left for collection was truly stunning. Now I know how some of them have spent their lockdown time. Am I jealous, yep, lucky blighters.

I shall attempt to post a picture of a coffee table I have been renovating, it was destined for the tip, but I thought their life in this yet, so a reprofile of the edges, change the leg positions, several coats of wood stain and varnish and Mrs J has a table for under our parthenon.
View attachment 42323
Have a cool afternoon if you can, remembering sunbathing naked in your front garden could be fun.
Nice bit of recycling - good stuff.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A doodle using Graphik line pens today based on a trip that my mum and granny went on.

My granny was a woman of steel - she drove a crane in the steel works during the war and still managed to bring up six children - probably by the scruff of their necks.
During her last year, my mum took her out in her blue Morris traveler to all the places that she liked; the rocks in Derbyshire, Ladybower reservoir, up dale and down valley. As they were driving along, my granny said, “eeh!, there’s a view round every bend.”

upload_2020-6-25_16-1-54.jpeg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.6 this morning

hot here too although there was some haar this morning which kept the temperature comfortable until mid morning :)

I'm wilting even though we're not approaching the temperatures some of you have, I'm just back inside from doing some weeding and I think if I want to carry on I'll wait until later.

It was pretty noisy earlier, sheep noisy, amazing how much racket they can make. A friend passing on her daily walk said it was because the farm nearby were shearing the ewes, their lambs don't recognise them so easily because of the change in look/smell (TMI I think :hilarious:), so they bawl to find each other, they soon settle down but it's a right cacophony until they do.

A home day today so we've been tidying up some paperwork this morning and will wait until evening to get our walk :)

Hope your day is treating you gently :)

@gennepher - I like today's version of the 'joys' project better, the first one in particular gives a very strong impression of heat and light :)

@Muddy Cyclist - nice sketch and I look forward to the developed work, and once again lovely colour work :joyful:

arty catch up - As a trial I bought a big cheap plastic tray yesterday to tape my watercolour paper to, I am presently using an old clipboard but the surface is getting a bit chewed up with the tape, we'll see how it goes ;) or perhaps one of those clear plastic clipboards would work.

Once the lockdown is over maybe I'll try working on larger sheets of paper, I've got used to working smallish though, could be another interesting experiment ;)

Apart from detailed drawing studies I seem to have two modes of working, the slightly looser more abstract landscape/seascape style (which I rather like) and a more naturalistic style wherein I'm a bit inclined to fiddle with details and I feel the colour sometimes ends up a bit bland :sorry: do I need to find a way to amalgamate the two?

Anyway here is today's small offering (approx A6 )
upload_2020-6-25_16-4-31.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.6 this morning

hot here too although there was some haar this morning which kept the temperature comfortable until mid morning :)

I'm wilting even though we're not approaching the temperatures some of you have, I'm just back inside from doing some weeding and I think if I want to carry on I'll wait until later.

It was pretty noisy earlier, sheep noisy, amazing how much racket they can make. A friend passing on her daily walk said it was because the farm nearby were shearing the ewes, their lambs don't recognise them so easily because of the change in look/smell (TMI I think :hilarious:), so they bawl to find each other, they soon settle down but it's a right cacophony until they do.

A home day today so we've been tidying up some paperwork this morning and will wait until evening to get our walk :)

@gennepher - I like today's version of the 'joys' project better, the first one in particular gives a very strong impression of heat and light :)
@Muddy Cyclist - nice sketch and I look forward to the developed work, and once again lovely colour work :joyful:
Love the colours but unsure about hills:angelic:

arty catch up - As a trial I bought a big cheap plastic tray yesterday to tape my watercolour paper to, I am presently using an old clipboard but the surface is getting a bit chewed up with the tape, we'll see how it goes ;) or perhaps one of those clear plastic clipboards would work.

Once the lockdown is over maybe I'll try working on larger sheets of paper, I've got used to working smallish though, could be another interesting experiment ;)

Apart from detailed drawing studies I seem to have two modes of working, the slightly looser more abstract landscape/seascape style (which I rather like) and a more naturalistic style wherein I'm a bit inclined to fiddle with details and I feel the colour sometimes ends up a bit bland :sorry: do I need to find a way to amalgamate the two?

View attachment 42325
Love the colours and space but personally I don't do hills. One man's meat is another man's diet doctor recipe though. I admire the skill and thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher restricted or not still very imaginative and pleasing art.
@dunelm Like the art and the wonderful sentiment behind it, some nice pen work.
@geefull your style is yours and works well. I like the space you have created in today's art.
Larger paper I first found scary, all that white to fill. After a few times I started to enjoy the challenge and have done a few A1 size watercolours for people, big brushes and working fast is the key. Look forward to seeing how you find it.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's art in the Missing the Sea series, A4 watercolour. I abandoned the composition sketched yesterday as I wanted to retain the sand dune theme. Based on a visit to friends in Frinton-on-Sea this is the coast further North..
IMG_20200625_154659_edit.jpg

The photo of it seems to have increased the blue, the pale blue in the sea and clouds should be white as it is the paper unpainted.

No idea what my next theme will be.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the finished metal sculpture my artist friend made for me, stands 3 feet and will rust wonderfully. He plays in our folk band and does some wonderful metal sculptures in between earning his keep as a self employed agricultural engineer, very busy this time of year but he fitted this in his busy schedule.

IMG_3402.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is the finished metal sculpture my artist friend made for me, stands 3 feet and will rust wonderfully. He plays in our folk band and does some wonderful metal sculptures in between earning his keep as a self employed agricultural engineer, very busy this time of year but he fitted this in his busy schedule.

View attachment 42327
This is stunning @Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's art in the Missing the Sea series, A4 watercolour. I abandoned the composition sketched yesterday as I wanted to retain the sand dune theme. Based on a visit to friends in Frinton-on-Sea this is the coast further North..
View attachment 42326
The photo of it seems to have increased the blue, the pale blue in the sea and clouds should be white as it is the paper unpainted.

View attachment 42326

My iPad does that sometimes when I take a photo. It just won't give me the white of the paper, but a pale blue instead.
Most annoying @Muddy Cyclist

A brilliant painting for Missing the Sea series ...
I love the grass on the sand dunes.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A doodle using Graphik line pens today based on a trip that my mum and granny went on.

My granny was a woman of steel - she drove a crane in the steel works during the war and still managed to bring up six children - probably by the scruff of their necks.
During her last year, my mum took her out in her blue Morris traveler to all the places that she liked; the rocks in Derbyshire, Ladybower reservoir, up dale and down valley. As they were driving along, my granny said, “eeh!, there’s a view round every bend.”

View attachment 42324
I absolutely love this, and the story with it @dunelm
So poignant...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.6 this morning

View attachment 42325

Thank you @geefull

You have painted a beautiful calming peaceful pastoral scene.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My iPad does that sometimes when I take a photo. It just won't give me the white of the paper, but a pale blue instead.
Most annoying @Muddy Cyclist

A brilliant painting for Missing the Sea series ...
I love the grass on the sand dunes.
Thank you. Also I agree about the metal sculpture, he's a talented lad.