What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Advent poem today is O Adonai by Malcolm Guite. Overtly Christian based on the O Antiphon. The plain song antiphons are very special IMHO so this may appeal to some.
Seamus Heaney allegedly said poetry really starts to become poetry only when spoken and anyhow we don’t remember whole poems, Some parts lodge in our memory and we finally “own a poem” when those parts come to mind in odd day to day moments. @Alien Aspie I think we may differ over The Primal statement. I am (consciousness first) versus It is (C21st scientific, “flat” culture which can’t explain how we arrive at being conscious enough to be aware that it is!.) You know where I stand on that question and I think I know where you are. Both are very reasonable places to be - I did engage.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Integrate? Came over all queasy at that word - anything mathematical (no, maths is really not fun) provokes memories of time wasted in school away from cricket or history.

I found differential equations and recognising integral standard forms very difficult but I was a late developer and studying for an HNC when I was just out of my time working as an electrician in a gasworks. I was very fortunate getting through my exams when newly married and when 23 I got a job as a direct entry engineer and the duchess and I left Lincoln for Daventry in the Autumn of 62.
It was not easy Ian, I keep encouraging Dylan to work hard at school.
I used to get my work done in the mornings and early afternoon and then hid away in the retort house toilets with my books deriving electrical engineering formula from first principles and doing loads of worked examples.

Not many people have studied in the places I have!:)
D.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not certain of your meaning, maybe you have misinterpreted my start point and I yours ;)

I believe I am a point of conscious awareness occupying three-dimensional space. I base that on the scientific proof offered albeit it still true that pure consciousness eludes a point in space/time. I may or may not believe in a creator, although I do believe that this universe is a holographic projection between two membranes and that our conscious awareness originates outside of it. I consider my physical body to be a vehicle that I inhabit for a while and that the real bio-brain of my body is the ego and the ego tier system. If the conscious awareness detaches from the body you are left with a 'clever' monkey. As for why 'I' am here it is solely to experience three-dimensional existence.

Personally, I believe we are energetic fragments of the creator of the holographic interface and just as each cell in our body contains the complete road map to build another 'us' so we are cellular imitations of 'it'.

That is it, we are probably more alike than you think. I do not trust faith, my training won't let me accept it :)

Hopefully that helps.

Anyway here's my quick art for today...

View attachment 46341
Loving the art and bantz. Those two gels, Grace and Faith, they'll always find your weak spots. :angelic:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
A winner for the art, but one view point is the dark angel triumphant over the light angel, but who knows.

Apart from mathematics which which in my opinion contains absolute absolutes everything else is subjective and I award you a laugh out loud award for your post.
Yes Me and me's live in an alternative reality.
Stay safe and thanks for the fun. Till tomorrow.

I'm not certain of your meaning, maybe you have misinterpreted my start point and I yours ;)

I believe I am a point of conscious awareness occupying three-dimensional space. I base that on the scientific proof offered albeit it still true that pure consciousness eludes a point in space/time. I may or may not believe in a creator, although I do believe that this universe is a holographic projection between two membranes and that our conscious awareness originates outside of it. I consider my physical body to be a vehicle that I inhabit for a while and that the real bio-brain of my body is the ego and the ego tier system. If the conscious awareness detaches from the body you are left with a 'clever' monkey. As for why 'I' am here it is solely to experience three-dimensional existence.

Personally, I believe we are energetic fragments of the creator of the holographic interface and just as each cell in our body contains the complete road map to build another 'us' so we are cellular imitations of 'it'.

That is it, we are probably more alike than you think. I do not trust faith, my training won't let me accept it :)

Hopefully that helps.

View attachment 46341

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Dunelm,
Got it in one.
Southern Europe's the place to see them, Cyprus,
Spain and south of France, Italy and Greece.

There was not enough food for the two pairs near Brampton so the RSPB paid a bee keeper to put his hives out near the colony.

Re :North Fells
I know some who only walk the very Northern fells now because the main Lakes are too busy.
Walkers have knackered the footpaths in the main Lakes this year due to walking past each other socially distanced, there is erosion talking place.
D.
blooming heck - I thought that visitors were ruining the paths in the 80’s. The good thing about Blencathra is that you could be forgiven for not venturing an further west.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi A.A.
Is that illustration an alusion to the shining one being crucified by being subjected to the powers of darkness?

B.t.w. faith is not credulity!
D.

Hopefully that helps.

View attachment 46341

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi A.A.
Is that illustration an alusion to the shining one being crufied by being subjected to the powers of darkness?

D.

Not really, I was thinking about the war in the heavens in relation to the Daoist concept of 'becoming' and non-permanence. That went off at a tangent in my head of good and evil needing to exist as proof of the existence of the other. So the drawing was just a reference of never-ending conflict but at a fixed point in time where I saw the dark encroaching. The stance of the light angel is not one of defeat, in superhero realms, it is called the heroic landing and the brighter aura shows the light angel is not defeated.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Faith: a strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.
Faith begins where reason ends.

Credulity: a tendency to be too ready to believe that something is real or true.
Can be defined in a belief without proof where such proof is easily within reach

I am aware of the difference.

lindisfel

Expert
Faith: a strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.
Faith begins where reason ends.

Credulity: a tendency to be too ready to believe that something is real or true.
Can be defined in a belief without proof where such proof is easily within reach

I am aware of the difference.

I wasn't trying to insult you.;)

I am afraid I don't go a lot on doctrine?

It was interesting how your guy was not dogmatic and not sure natural selection was no more than a provisional idea. Good enough for the time being? So therefore natural selection is a matter of faith? :)

Stephen J Gould believed punctuated equilibrium was part of the story alongside natural selection.

Personally I do not believe science and religion are so separate as some think.
D.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Ok time to relax, before things get to heated on this post

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Zoom call for tea tonight with daughter family so a bit of a rush as Salmon to cook.

Another Oak painting these oar the roots through which they will communicating in the short story for granddaughter. I suppose it's the Oak tree equivalent to a router.

Watercolour A5 20 minutes....

View attachment 46338

you see Oaks .

i see ENT's

where's pippin, Gandalf ?

;)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was interesting how your guy was not dogmatic and not sure natural selection was no more than a provisional idea. Good enough for the time being? So therefore natural selection is a matter of faith? :)

Stephen J Gould believed punctuated equilibrium was part of the story alongside natural selection.

Personally I do not believe science and religion are so separate as some think.

I would accept that science and the concept of a creative principle are a possibility. I dislike religion as defined by holy books, for more reasons than I care to list.

Darwin, I believe, was agnostic later in his life and denied being an atheist. I had read somewhere that he thought his theory had too many gaps to be acceptable.

I’ve never been a fan of natural selection as it stands, more so being autistic. When I first heard the idea that natural selection could be a designed function to deliberately create a form of conflict evolution I was taken aback and fired a long list by mail. The math for it is very stable now and I have got used to it as an option.

Natural selection isn’t really an act of faith though as there is a large proportion of verifiable science to back up the theory. It’s no axiom I agree, and the only reason that a creator is posited is because the math says it has to exist so, again, there isn’t a need for any real contribution of faith. We accept dark matter with less math backing it up :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hopefully that helps.

View attachment 46341
Powerful! A battle for angelic supremacy? Milton immediately came to mind, such fearful, mysterious creatures beautifully drawn, I like the light effect you have created.

PS, not that the art needed an explanation but reading your reason for the dark and light battle with Covid in mind it made a good point, the struggle goes on.

Last edited:
Reactions: geefull and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Zoom call for tea tonight with daughter family so a bit of a rush as Salmon to cook.

Another Oak painting these oar the roots through which they will communicating in the short story for granddaughter. I suppose it's the Oak tree equivalent to a router.

Watercolour A5 20 minutes....

View attachment 46338

Brilliant trees @Muddy Cyclist

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blimey...I fall asleep while watching my brain design more paintings than I can ever hope to achieve in a lifetime, and then this thread gallops along...and that interesting art by @Alien Aspie

In my dreamworld I see more dark and evil (nightmares you could call them, but sometimes I do wonder if they are not an alternate reality) than good and light, or is it don't I remember the good and light in my nighttime escapades?

There are no beautiful dreams at night, just a collection of apparently evil forces (which are new and inventive like a virtual reality game where the odds are stacked against me, and I do die again and again and again), with a battle for my survival.

I don't have the knowledge (education since I was stupid with being deaf according to all in my childhood) or knowledge of words to enter these discussions (a little bit heated?) above because I am not able to hear to be able to follow a real life discussion. Consequently I have never been able to take part, in real life.

But I do have what I can only describe as an abstract concept of what is going on, as in seeing colours, morpheus shapes evolving, emotions...but these are clumsy, woefully inadequate words which cannot even begin to describe a magical different kind of stuff I see around people. It is also like I am an outside observer, watching in.

I hope you all had a good night's sleep and dreaming. The path into dreamworld is inviting me again with a dirt sandy path into distant low hills. I have no idea where this one is leading to for the rest of the night...

Last edited: