What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Follow up to Aldi, Lidl, "our kind of people" this. Just a personal note but Aldi cognac is remarkably like Remi Martin but very much cheaper. IMHO. Rude not to buy one while there so I will naturally be making comparisons. Science demands it.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Follow up to Aldi, Lidl, "our kind of people" this. Just a personal note but Aldi cognac is remarkably like Remi Martin but very much cheaper. IMHO. Rude not to buy one while there so I will naturally be making comparisons. Science demands it.
I am told their Min e Pies with Sloe Gin soaked fruit are amazing, dint try one so only hearsay. :(

Reactions: mojo37

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning team.
Longish post..soz

No fbg again...
poor nights sleep & too many drugs so little point

This .....in most ZA movies is where I selflessly part company

The reality would be I know I'll slow you all down...& Get you all eaten.

So just leave me here, propped against that tree, over there, with some water, etc

And think of the good times ....X

But this ain't no stinking ZA movie ( Yet ) :D

I got ...
Great news :happy:

Good news :rolleyes:

Bad news.:banghead:

Great news
was had a fantastic day with Frankie....pics to follow.
Or as missus Said, her furry Prozac.

Good news is,
When putting shopping into boot of car later on, in the dark & gloom of no street lights, the pothole covered in water I stepped into, ONLY twisted my ankle..

The bad news
was, as I fell onto my other leg, in pain
It struck the other edge of the pothole, and crumpled up under me,.

Dumping me unceremoniously into doing the dead ants in the rain soaked road..ho ho ho.

A short respite, I get carefully to my feet,
I Knew it was bad
hobble to car, and drive us home.

Yes, I should have called ambulance, but
I did not want Lauren left by side of road making her own way home.

So drove home like a nun..

admittedly one with tourettes every time i applied any pressure to right leg.

Get home, intended to just get in and strap leg up and ice pack it...and see how it goes, as ya do.

Lauren takes one look at me , says NO.
Calls for an Uber and packs me off to A&E.

Result ?
great care, not busy non covid side,
( But docs said covid side mad busy ..GULP )
Only there a few hours, had braced for a much longer wait .

So...
One badly sprained ankle (L)
On broken ankle (R)

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence.
& 2020 started with such high hopes in January for us ...:arghh:

So boot fitted, crutches issued & work informed.

Get home on the crutches, and appreciate the Lee Evans scene in "something about Mary" with just a little more empathy

Laid up,. Popping pain killers every 4 hours lauren hovering over me like nurse Rachett. xx.

Feeling utterly stupid and sorry for myself
Moment will pass, for sure

As they used to say in "Hill st Blues"

Be careful out there :watching:
big hugs jjraak xx

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning team.
Longish post..soz

No fbg again...
poor nights sleep & too many drugs so little point

This .....in most ZA movies is where I selflessly part company

The reality would be I know I'll slow you all down...& Get you all eaten.

So just leave me here, propped against that tree, over there, with some water, etc

And think of the good times ....X

But this ain't no stinking ZA movie ( Yet ) :D

I got ...
Great news :happy:

Good news :rolleyes:

Bad news.:banghead:

Great news
was had a fantastic day with Frankie....pics to follow.
Or as missus Said, her furry Prozac.

Good news is,
When putting shopping into boot of car later on, in the dark & gloom of no street lights, the pothole covered in water I stepped into, ONLY twisted my ankle..

The bad news
was, as I fell onto my other leg, in pain
It struck the other edge of the pothole, and crumpled up under me,.

Dumping me unceremoniously into doing the dead ants in the rain soaked road..ho ho ho.

A short respite, I get carefully to my feet,
I Knew it was bad
hobble to car, and drive us home.

Yes, I should have called ambulance, but
I did not want Lauren left by side of road making her own way home.

So drove home like a nun..

admittedly one with tourettes every time i applied any pressure to right leg.

Get home, intended to just get in and strap leg up and ice pack it...and see how it goes, as ya do.

Lauren takes one look at me , says NO.
Calls for an Uber and packs me off to A&E.

Result ?
great care, not busy non covid side,
( But docs said covid side mad busy ..GULP )
Only there a few hours, had braced for a much longer wait .

So...
One badly sprained ankle (L)
On broken ankle (R)

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence.
& 2020 started with such high hopes in January for us ...:arghh:

So boot fitted, crutches issued & work informed.

Get home on the crutches, and appreciate the Lee Evans scene in "something about Mary" with just a little more empathy

Laid up,. Popping pain killers every 4 hours lauren hovering over me like nurse Rachett. xx.

Feeling utterly stupid and sorry for myself
Moment will pass, for sure

As they used to say in "Hill st Blues"

Be careful out there :watching:
Oh bugler - that’s not good. Hero badge for a brilliant rescue job with Lauren. Hope the painkillers do their job until body adjusts. Stay well - lots of slobbing about .

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher - wonder if Popeye will agree to do some of your shopping?

upload_2020-12-18_12-31-38.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

JFWinstone

Late FBG this morning 5.1 @ 10:30am - was up until 3:30am with severe nerve pain and stupid me forgot to take my evening meds that I usually take at 8pm until 1:30am :banghead: Hopped on the scales 2nd week Low carb and am down another 6lbs :wideyed: Today shall be a rest day with netflix, painkillers and cuddles with the cat in bed.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late FBG this morning 5.1 @ 10:30am - was up until 3:30am with severe nerve pain and stupid me forgot to take my evening meds that I usually take at 8pm until 1:30am :banghead: Hopped on the scales 2nd week Low carb and am down another 6lbs :wideyed: Today shall be a rest day with netflix, painkillers and cuddles with the cat in bed.
Winner for the weight loss - assuming that is the outcome you desired. Pain and lack of sleep clearly weren't, hence the hug. Fbg is spiffing as well - the more so in light of the pain and disrupted sleep.

lindisfel

Expert
No matter, it was still a fine creation regardless of which mountain path it was, artistic license at its best like many great Victorian Lanscape Painters. Not that you are that old, obviously. :)
There is great beauty in the way Helvellyn embraces Red Tarn in its bosom with open arms of Swirrel and Striding.
But this pattern is repeated many times with the great chisel of ice as in Snowdonia.
There a rather nice kinder place in the North Lakes called Bowscale Tarn that Dunelm will know, its a former cirque glacier and has a rather good moraine bank and magical tarn, where some claim swim immortal fish.:)
When its still and Ring Ouzels sing in Spring it is quite something.
I hope I can get up there one time with my grandson to explain to him the geomorphology and help him capture the magic.
D.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh no - hope it isn't too painful now it is in plaster. I am so impressed that you actually managed to drive home with a broken ankle.

Thank @Krystyna23040
But probably not my wisest move.
But now the roles are reversed and she's my hero.. putting up with grumpy patient in bed 1...

Never broken anything before.
Lauren broke wrist ages back, they had to re break it and set it with screws and metal strips.

So was surprised I got away with no cast, just one of those big boots I see very poor skiers wearing.

I say surprised...
Because i DON'T Ski.
But I'm sure doctors know what they're doing. :wideyed:

:hilarious::hilarious:

Huge thank you to all, for the hugs and kind comments :happy:

Really raised my spirits.
Drugged up to keep pain off.
Hurts like a hurt thing every time I move.

AND everytime I don't move .:arghh:

But as Gloria says.

"I will survive"..:D

Thank you all so much
love & respect x

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does this forum operate like the first railways with all local times? A page or two of posts suddenly "arrived" just now. @karen8967 apologies, the weather forecast meme was on point. @Alien Aspie nil desperandum over the video - Derek answered. For me any mention of Mathematics and the shutters drop fast - I will try to fight that at some stage. For the two hugs for my post re O Sapientia last night, Carcasonne wine was very good, cheap as chips - Aldi - and will be repeated. I do/will use Aldi and Lidl just very selective on locations. On Wednesday we were in the Old Country and the Aldi there was more spacious and clientele were more "our type of people" i.e. COVID aware. Not snobby, just fussy over what risks I take. Brandon and Thetford (A and L) worry me pooless so not worth the risk.

Have had same delays in posts arriving too

And liking the upcoming "Which guide" to Lidl.

Lauren's a foodie, and rates a good few of their more 'Foreign' items highly.

Be interesting to get yours ( and others ) take on worthwhile swaps or near equivalents from your investigations.. :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is great beauty in the way Helvellyn embraces Red Tarn in its bosom with open arms of Swirrel and Striding.
But this pattern is repeated many time with the great chisel of ice as in Snowdonia.
There a rather nice kinder place in the North Lakes called Bowscale Tarn that Dunelm will know, its a former cirque glacier and has a rather good moraine bank and magical tarn, where some claim swim immortal fish.:)
When its still and Ring Ouzels sing in Spring it is quite something.
I hope I can get up there one time with my grandson to explain to him the geomorphology and help him capture the magic.
D.
Going up Blencathra via that nasty sharp edge - only been that way once I think - may have had a dip in that tarn or it could have been Scales tarn. Either way that whole area is smashing.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have had same delays in posts arriving too

And liking the upcoming "Which guide" to Lidl.

Lauren's a foodie, and rates a good few of their more 'Foreign' items highly.

Be interesting to get yours ( and others ) take on worthwhile swaps or near equivalents from your investigations.. :)
Not too sure about Lidl this year but for me: Frozen goose is excellent and a bargain - <50% price of "pukka" ( straight from the farm, Waitrose, Copas etc) UK ones and I can't discern any difference. We now have one every Nov 11th (Martinmas) but had a 2nd one Christmas; their tomatoes are always excellent - I eat lots of tomatoes; I like(d) their Reindeer steaks and venison. Best snack size cucumbers which also roast or saute well. Smoked turkey salami and Polish sausages; Cherries in Kirsch - huge jar cheap as chips. That should be a start. They also used to have an amazing frozen chocolate cake which was swimming in kirsch and had lots of real cream - cost peanuts. Basically, if it sounds exotic and you've never tried it where else can you get it so cheap?

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37