What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 5.9 again this morning so not too bad - still not feeling 100% but thanks for the kind words @Pipp and @DJC3 - Its just a general malaise but not sure what is causing it so I have arranged a face to face appointment with my GP for tomorrow morning. Just to be on the safe side, I took one of my DILs spare Covid tests this morning thankfully negative. Now I need to stop feeling sorry for myself. Its lunchtime, the sun is out and the sun porch beckons. Plenty of Vit D, enough to make anyone feel better.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. :)

lindapick

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish spiders
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Mine was 2.5 did not get any warnings it was so low good job I checked ok now

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
6.6 today got up at 11.00am and most likely from the high carbs foods over the last few days and yesterday travelled 6 hours both ways for med app to see an Endocrinologist to discuss recent DEXA bone scan so foods were more on the carbs side lunch was salmon sushi pack only thing able to find at 2.30pm by time came home exhausted and not thinking about what to eat was just hungry so leftover steak was grabbed put between 2 slices of buttered sourdough lettuce and tomato and glass of Gin and blood orange grapefruit juice.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 this morning after perfectly LC meals yesterday. Could it really been down to the finger of shortbread with my afternoon cuppa (cant have them in the house, no other biscuits tempts me like they do). Back on the horse the only way.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.1 for me
FB_IMG_1603795509491.jpg

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.1 - This is getting real ugly. Yesterday I fasted for 22 hours. I skipped my early Metformin, wanted to see if any changes. Yesterday was 7.2, today is later so dunno. What I DO know I’m not impressed with 8.1 - seeesh.
I feel your pain! :banghead: Chin up.

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 this morning after perfectly LC meals yesterday. Could it really been down to the finger of shortbread with my afternoon cuppa (cant have them in the house, no other biscuits tempts me like they do). Back on the horse the only way.
Hope you realise you're helping me to avoid sweet stuff.;) Made lemon drizzle cake yesterday for OH and a spare one in case I get up the courage to take one in for the Doc. He is such a nice guy to put up with me and a very good doctor to boot. Made it up to OH (he who says he is on a diet) and have a sweet mince tea loaf in oven at the moment.

Blood was in the 6s this morning until I remembered about the lemon cake and re-washed my hands as in scrubbed them - FBG then showed 5.6. Which I am happy with. For me it seems the trick is less food generally and perhaps less protein specifically as this seems to bring my levels down. I may try to reduce food intake for few days unless of course I succumb to hunger which is likely as I like my food!:)