What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, what do you mean “How was it to fast...” after I pushed through normal allotted BF, I just cracked on. No, I didn’t fell hungry all the time. I consumed as much as I was aware I wanted/needed. I didn’t push water? I was peeing.

I meant were you feeling hungry all the time or low on energy etc... first 22 hours fast wont suddenly dehydrate you but will reduce water content in body so it will be an idea to target high water consumption... I cant say with any scientific backing but i have noticed that not drinking enough fluids (4 to 4.5 litres) tends to result in higher readings next day...

You not feeling hungry while fasting is a good sign I think as from what I have read it implies body does not have withdrawal symptoms for Carbs.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning - been enjoying higher levels over the past few days as not been too well, so this was a welcome result.
Hope it means you are recovering.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
6.5 today after no sleep as worried I wouldn't get up early so up at 6.30am to catch a train at 8.49am to go for a med app 2 hour train trip

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.9 at 0540, not unexpectedly higher than usual, I joined in with the family for a Mother’s Day Meal from our favourite local restaurant, that does takeaways during lockdown periods.

I’ll keep an eye on numbers more frequently today to give me an idea how I’ve really reacted to a completely ‘non diabetic’ meal. Figures last night after it were encouraging with a spike of 2.0 at the 2 and 4 hour points afterwards.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I meant were you feeling hungry all the time or low on energy etc...
Ah! Righto, gotcha. The pangs I got was a mental one of, “shouldn’t I be having breakfast just now?” and then this became,”Look at me, I don’t want BF!”. I truly need to know/realise/actualise just what a Pang means. I should embrace my Pang. I do like Pangolins. - And THAT right there, is a novelty for me. I’m trying to understand/realise what this means for me. I think or I rather “know” just where that comes from, which is a long ago Script - maybe 60 years ago? - I keep playing out, and yet it’s comfortable and reassuring and reminds me of a very small E. Hmm.. And it’s only Monday.

I cant say with any scientific backing but i have noticed that not drinking enough fluids (4 to 4.5 litres) tends to result in higher readings next day...
Oh really?!? I just measure out 4 lts and I don’t get anywhere NEAR this! Shock horror. No, @nutribolt, nothing like. My urge to drink water, 4ltrs, is diametrically opposed to not having a pang of hunger. Bit of a conundrum that.

@nutribolt - Thanks for responding so openly and taking the time and showing me patience. Oh this morning I’m a WHOLE point down at 7.1. Yay for me!

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 at 6:30AM and 5.8 at 08:00AM.

This is after my eating day and the eating yesterday was quite indulgent (although all low carb stuff) so these readings are a big relief. I was thinking I will be 6s today. To put it in perspective is attached the photo of the breakfast BabyNutribolt prepared yesterday :)
2021-03-14-203141_003-jpeg.48089

A lot of 4s and early 5s today - well done to survive the Sunday with such fab numbers. @Andydragon you must be so happy dropping from 8 to the lovely 5. :)

Have a wonderful start of the week everyone.

Attachments

• 2021-03-14-203141_003.jpeg
    2021-03-14-203141_003.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 214