What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Went out to cut the grass at the back of the cottage for an hour at 1000hrs. Wall to wall sunshine but only +1 C and windchill really sharp, some frosty mornings in winter much warmer.
I hope those characters who go up the fells today are well prepared, temp all morning -8 deg C on fell tops with a considerable wind chill.
The betterhalf had to cut short her walk round the garden this am because of the cold.
I pity these migrant swallows and warblers that came in, they may go south again until it warms up properly.
D.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So 7 LFD tests ordered - 2 per week- for both Julie and myself. Support bubble for 91 yo MIL and school/nursery run conditions for me. No idea how school or nursery check or how many even bother but surely the way forward?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 and anyone else interested here is what I make the P:E profile of 100 gms M and S Kefir - I think you may find yours different. I've never tried kefir but will try this in a shake with 60 gms whey protein isolate, water and some raspberries. If all goes well I'm way more comfortable with that than red meat. I make that around 70 gms protein which I doubt I would ever get any other way.
Very impressive level of protein. I am really enjoying adding protein powder for meals. Have been also experimenting with casien protein powder (another milk protein) which is slower release than whey.

I have found that combining the two and spreading the doses through the day works really well for me. I definitely feel much less hungry and my weight is already dropping.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a noisy windy start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken curry came in at 5.4 this am

Lovely morning with Mrs Miggins - down the beach as much as we could but high tide was just on the turn when we arrived. Watched the lifeboat crew doing Sunday drills and then bacon butties (less the bun) and koffy until the tide was out far enough for us to walk home along the beach.
Afternoon of sawing, drilling and screwing - and in that order as well. Looks as though the pair of coaltits have withdrawn their offer on the bird box. They may have found something else with a better view, you never know.

A quick sketch today on a lake scene but got fed up with it and stopped. Hope that your day today is a fabulous one, we get to see our youngest son who we haven’t seen in the flesh since September. Koffy time.

View attachment 48640
I like this @dunelm
You said you got fed up and stopped, but I like it as it is.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6,7

Everything weather...

Was painting the cherry tree and the willow catkins, when suddenly it snowed...a blizzard....
85AE19AB-13CD-44CD-925A-81EB59EF5B82.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Protein shake tested - 0.5 fall. May have been more but some mitigating factors. Kefir ok in that context - tasted a little and definitely needs taste masking for me. Berries making a return is a very positive step, sad we don't grow them anymore. Oddly higher level today but red meat and red wine yesterday explain that in my experience - hay fever won't help either.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear Clownshoe, please don't foul up again. Finally a glimpse of another reason why we moved here and this close in particular. 10 mins walk from this house may mean home gym can wait for sons to have more time. 2nd jab, free tests all round, church services resume and a decent PT could be game changers. Just need dogs to be car compliant. Canine behaviourist DIL on the case as I type.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Strange how getting fed up with what we create can suddenly happen, still a good scene though, maybe go back to it in a different mood.

Sorry Coaltits didn't want to move in to your vacant property. We have Greattits that seem to have finally decided to move in to one of ours although the other is still vacant.

Have a great day with youngest son, family days are days to be treasured and remembered.
I have put it into the ‘pending’ tray and may re-visit at some point. Good catch up with youngest son this morning as he transited down the motorway.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.1 today

very cold today, lots of gustly wind from the North and we awoke to a good covering of snow, it's mostly melted now though we may get more later, a good day for hibernating ;)

Sorry for the irregular posting this last couple of weeks. I'll have to go back and ready the posts I've missed later on :sorry:

I'll admit I'm finding getting myself motivated to do things a bit difficult at the moment, I've also put on some more weight which feels very disheartening for me because I had a weight problem for so many years :(
so, I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. I don't know whether I've become more insulin resistant (hence the sudden onset of weight gain?) or whether it's just me not getting enough exercise or both (or neither), my bg has been mostly ok if a bit higher in the average.

I have put off calling to get my blood tests done and must get on with it, last time I called they weren't doing them unless urgent though.

I'm fine mostly :) just in dither and prevaricate mode.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

Still trying and mostly managing to get some art done most days

upload_2021-4-5_14-47-32.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Protein shake tested - 0.5 fall. May have been more but some mitigating factors. Kefir ok in that context - tasted a little and definitely needs taste masking for me. Berries making a return is a very positive step, sad we don't grow them anymore. Oddly higher level today but red meat and red wine yesterday explain that in my experience - hay fever won't help either.
Really good result. Great that you are enjoying the return of berries. I really do love berries and couldn't do without them. I have a stash of various frozen berries in my Freezer.

I take psyllium husk and ACV in water twice a day. A rather yuk combination which has been greatly improved by adding whey or casien protein powder.

Reactions: ianpspurs

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Starting to catch up on the posts I've missed :)

@gennepher - lovely light tree composition, it looks lovely that flurry of snow

@dunelm - I like your lakeside with it's stately trees, it works very well just as it stands for me :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I enjoyed the music as ever :)

@BRSBRI - Archie is a big handsome fellow :) but it's such sad new about Wan's friend, it's an awful accident :(

@ianpspurs - interesting protein results thank you, I may try it for breakfast myself :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.1 today

very cold today, lots of gustly wind from the North and we awoke to a good covering of snow, it's mostly melted now though we may get more later, a good day for hibernating ;)

Sorry for the irregular posting this last couple of weeks. I'll have to go back and ready the posts I've missed later on :sorry:

I'll admit I'm finding getting myself motivated to do things a bit difficult at the moment, I've also put on some more weight which feels very disheartening for me because I had a weight problem for so many years :(
so, I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. I don't know whether I've become more insulin resistant (hence the sudden onset of weight gain?) or whether it's just me not getting enough exercise or both (or neither), my bg has been mostly ok if a bit higher in the average.

I have put off calling to get my blood tests done and must get on with it, last time I called they weren't doing them unless urgent though.

View attachment 48652
Great fbg and great artwork @geefull. Don't fret about irregular posting, we are blessed that you share your art and menu nuggets with us. Maybe see the feeling sorry for yourself as a time of reflection on all the amazing progress you have made.

Reactions: BRSBRI

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear Clownshoe, please don't foul up again. Finally a glimpse of another reason why we moved here and this close in particular. 10 mins walk from this house may mean home gym can wait for sons to have more time. 2nd jab, free tests all round, church services resume and a decent PT could be game changers. Just need dogs to be car compliant. Canine behaviourist DIL on the case as I type.
It does look impressive and only a 10 minute walk from your house will be so convenient.
Good that your Canine Behaviourist DIL is on the case as it will be so good when you can go out and about with your dogs.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really good result. Great that you are enjoying the return of berries. I really do love berries and couldn't do without them. I have a stash of various frozen berries in my Freezer.

I take psyllium husk and ACV in water twice a day. A rather yuk combination which has been greatly improved by adding whey or casien protein powder.
I did have ACV in water years ago. Now I have maybe 1.5 tbls daily in salad dressing but if I go back to 2 salads daily that will increase. I do have acv in hot bovril as an attempt to get warmth in winter. Bought berries aren't quite the same but we can't go back ,we can only look behind from where we came and go round and round in the circle game. The dogs being car compliant would be a massive winner. The Hub seems to be Matty H's sweetener for being unpolishable.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.1 today

View attachment 48652
Love your painting.
I have also put on a few pounds and was feeling a bit fed up with the gain. Actually, was feeling quite a lot fed up with the gain. I think you may be right about the cause as it is much harder at the moment to get our normal amount of exercise.

Mine is not only due to less exercise as I have been having way too many cups of coffee (each with 2 tea spoons of cream). Of course sitting for hours teaching on Zoom instead of whizzing around a huge hall for hours on end trying to correct class members has cut my exercise significantly. Also, our village is really flat and most of the places we love to walk are hilly but we couldn't walk around them in Lockdown.

I am feeling much more optimistic today. Upping protein and cutting down on fat looks as though it is going to make a huge difference. Also, not having to stay at home means we are back to the hillier parts of Norfolk.