What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 today

quite a nice sunny morning here so we decided to go over to mum's and prune some of the bits the frost and high wind chill factor a couple of weeks ago damaged in her garden, we followed up with a bonfire and then a barbeque with salad for dinner :) more outdoor exercise ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@ianpspurs - hugs for the disconcerting bg rise :sorry: Do you think they perhaps used sweetened almond milk?

@dunelm - well done litle sketch today, I especially like the sky, sounds like you're having a ball with family :joyful:

@gennepher - love your sky it's so effective and the gold flecks are smashing :joyful:

art bit - based on a photo I saw on the net, the 'Grand Tetons' I think ;)

View attachment 48942
Thank you @geefull for your sketch complement and yes, we are having a lot of fun with the grandchildren.
Well your painting certainly looks like the tetons - very rude name for mountains, I think they look more like teeth but in any case, well covered by you.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone on a noisy “can we have breakfast” start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of salted wings with some sort of slaw and a large glass of sauvignon blanc slid home at 5.6 this am.
Returned home yesterday afternoon and then picked up another two grandchildren for a two table rule of 6 (4 + 3 on the starting blocks) early dinner in the sunshine. Such things of course are subject to the latest scientific evidence OR, if you are 6 years old and under.

The ninky nonks are going home this morning - a half way drop off point in a reenactment of the child catcher although Robert Helpmann is not available.

Quick scribbly winter tree with the ninky nonks in Procreate, hope everyone is well, I have tried to keep up but tricky when full on fun is called for. Time for koffy - two 4 year olds waiting to press the plunger on the cafetière.

upload_2021-4-17_6-22-53.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.7 today

quite a nice sunny morning here so we decided to go over to mum's and prune some of the bits the frost and high wind chill factor a couple of weeks ago damaged in her garden, we followed up with a bonfire and then a barbeque with salad for dinner :) more outdoor exercise ;)

@ianpspurs - hugs for the disconcerting bg rise :sorry: Do you think they perhaps used sweetened almond milk?

@dunelm - well done litle sketch today, I especially like the sky, sounds like you're having a ball with family :joyful:

@gennepher - love your sky it's so effective and the gold flecks are smashing :joyful:

View attachment 48942
Thanks very much @geefull for the painting compliment!

A great painting of mountains from you!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 - a bit higher than normal. Maybe because of my 2nd Pfizer vaccine yesterday. I got warned that I could have much more severe side effects with this second dose. Arm is sore but luckily nothing like as sore as with the first dose.

it will be interesting to see how long it takes for fbg to get back to normal.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning everyone on a noisy “can we have breakfast” start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of salted wings with some sort of slaw and a large glass of sauvignon blanc slid home at 5.6 this am.
Returned home yesterday afternoon and then picked up another two grandchildren for a two table rule of 6 (4 + 3 on the starting blocks) early dinner in the sunshine. Such things of course are subject to the latest scientific evidence OR, if you are 6 years old and under.

The ninky nonks are going home this morning - a half way drop off point in a reenactment of the child catcher although Robert Helpmann is not available.

Quick scribbly winter tree with the ninky nonks in Procreate, hope everyone is well, I have tried to keep up but tricky when full on fun is called for. Time for koffy - two 4 year olds waiting to press the plunger on the cafetière.

View attachment 48945
Is there any coffee left in the cafetière when the little angels have pressed that plunger?
Great winter tree @dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I must cut down on the cream too but I keep telling myself next week ... :cat: but that's encouraging me to stop - that you have put 3 inches on your waist with just having cream...I have defo put it on the scales tells me that but I have not measured my waist ...but I will measure it before I stop the cream and then a few weeks or so after and see the difference I hope ...
I was doing exactly the same for months. Reading the link to P.E. that @Goonergal posted and the Dr Ted Naiman video that @ianpspurs posted really shocked me into action - thank goodness.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

I started out with taking photos of very fine washing up bubbles rising in my sink. Took several. Wanted to create a gold flecked background paper for Procreate. I got what I wanted, but then I wanted something different so I carried on working with it.

there was a crescent moon last night and I wanted to incorporate that. But I couldn't get the fine crescent moon I wanted, so in the end I did an expanding star!

View attachment 48914
Now things change and your imagination works and all from the use of washing up liquid. :)
Good artistic ability and imagination developed into a pleasing digital piece, just what art is all about.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.7 today

View attachment 48942
Bonfire and BBQ great idea.

Like the mountain range painting good foreground leading to tall peaks and you have caught the light on the peaks very well.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 48945
All sounds great family time at its best. Budding artists these ninky nonks but then they have Master Grandad to guide them.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 7 for me today, 5.1 before bed time. High again with no real explanation, yesterday lunch Beef salad, dinner Cheese omelette and salad followed by Greek yogurt and raspberries. No snacks, no wine, no pond digging as we escaped and visited Dorothy Clive Gardens.

A day with kids and grandchildren for a BBQ in sons garden. I have been asked to arrange treasure hunts again and many other silly games so busy day, at least the sun is out.

Keep safe and use the day well.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Have a safe journey returning the Ninky Nonks @dunelm. I hope the arm and higher bg settle down @Krystyna23040 but a small price to pay if protected from much worse. How's the other impost delivered to your Krystynaship? So, my fbg could well have been the 4.5 Swipey claimed and #Lattegate has passed without obvious issues. The bigger problem will be if I don't source a birthday card for Monday. Failure is not an option.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

My digital painting in Procreate for today...
I was sort of thinking about Narnia....

View attachment 48946

Before I read that, the pic simply had the Dr Who theme flooding into my head..

" Dunadellun, Dunadellun, Dunadellun
Dun dun Dunadellun Dunadellun Dunadellun
Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooooh.."

A fine pic
A nice description

Reactions: mojo37

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 - a bit higher than normal. Maybe because of my 2nd Pfizer vaccine yesterday. I got warned that I could have much more severe side effects with this second dose. Arm is sore but luckily nothing like as sore as with the first dose.

it will be interesting to see how long it takes for fbg to get back to normal.

Ooh congratulations.
Nice it went so smoothly

Awaiting my 2nd, do keep us up to date with after effects ( lack of hopefully.)

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 48945

Deserving of a WIN

But a silent chuckle at the good grace you show made me suspect you quite enjoy the mayhem..made it a smiley funny post , for me anyway

Oh by the way, here's the WIN, as well.:D

Enjoy the day

Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 6.2 on that scheming meter of mystery and naughtiness.

This might be my last post on here for a time, Me and me's with the help of Google will be returning the tablet I use to factory settings, but first I have to remember passwords and stuff.
I do have other electronic gizmo's, but I like to keep them diabetic site free.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers here in Tilehurst Towers it looks nice and sunny and probably cold, better stay warm and away from riding my motorbike.