What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox I’m glad your mum wasn’t too badly hurt, what a shock for her and you though.
@Riva_Roxaban I’m so glad you are getting good support, knowing you will not be left to cope entirely on your own makes a big difference, and having the information explained to you clearly is a huge help.
Today I had 1/2 portion of leftover DD pizza omelette fir breakfast/brunch.
A few Brazil nuts at some point during the day.
Dinner was DD Tex Mex casserole and @Goonergal ‘s ‘lazy mousse’ to follow. I stupidly bought a jar of almond butter the other day. Why? Why? I can’t be trusted around it.

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Riva_Roxaban I’m so glad you are getting good support, knowing you will not be left to cope entirely on your own makes a big difference, and having the information explained to you clearly is a huge help.
Thanks you, I have been lucky to have this nurse navigator, as she has had my back for the past year since I was in hospital last June. She also keeps me on the straight and narrow when it comes to diet both fluid intake and carbs.:D

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: bacon and the 3 remaining pullets' eggs.
2nd meal: mixed green beans, mange toutes, frozen peas, onion and lettuce, stir fried and then finished in veg stock. Too much to eat, so some left for tomorrow.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday bed 6.3 FBG 6.4
B. TAG and 2 slices SLC toast with Dairylea.
L. Nothing
D. I'd made chicken curry for Hubby and the boys and the curry sauce was rather nice so, although I was having a burger with apple wood smoked, it became a burger with cheese an curry sauce! No bun but I did have veggie chips. A few cherries.

Friday bed 6.6 FBG 6.7

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with liver sausage and coleslaw.
L. Nothing
D. An Iceland wild shrimp with chilli and tomato and I added cauli rice, 2 mushrooms and more chopped tomatoes. More cherries.

The spelling continues. He's got right into it now and he's taking on some tricky words. Even better he's been proudly demonstrating his new words to the teachers in the mornings. You can't beat the old methods of repetition to learn to spell.

@Rachox - glad to read your Mum wasn't too badly injured and is safely home again. It would have been quite a scare though.

@DJC3 - Glad to see you're feeling better too.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today Saturday - bed 6.4 FBG 7.3. Still up early. Boys jujitsu day. Still, I get a quiet hour in the car to do the crossword while Mum/Dad go in with them. Also had the refrigeration engineer in this morning. He has declared the compressor fine and it doesn't need re-gased but, he's not convinced the correct PCB is in it! So he'll be back on Wednesday with another part! Freezer is like a blast chiller now. Everything is so frozen you could injure yourself if something fell on you!
B. TAG no time for anything else.
L. SLC sandwich with roast beef, mustard and tomato.
D. Slice of SLC toast with coronation chicken late afternoon. Dinner later was zoodles carbonara. A bar of that Lild raspberry chocolate (the little bars).
It's been a lovely day here for a change too.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, cheese omelette, refried leftover veggies for breakfast.
Lunch was prawn and salad low carb wraps.
Dinner roast chicken and veggies gravy.

Reactions: Annb and maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke really early which was really annoying.
Had 4 rashers of streaky bacon while cooking a real cake ready for visitors later.
Yoga
Lunch was a few cheese crisps with coleslaw and lettuce. Ff greek with walnuts and seeds
Mid afternoon a tiny piece of real cake just to taste, then an lc ketonut

D was chicken curry, no rice. 1 glass red. Half a ketonut with cream
Had planned to have rice to test on the libre, but thought the better of it after the rise to 8 from the real cake

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So back to Friday. Went to the coast and enjoyed a 90 minute walk then cod & chips lunch on the pier. I had 6 of Mr PMs crispy chips and enjoyed the big flakes of cod eaten with a wooden fork. Supper was spicy baked salmon & broccoli rice.
Saturday usual slice of HiLo roast, lots of tea. Lunch was chicken & avocado salad. Then a 4 mile hike in the woods up and down rough terrain, good for the BG or so I thought. Supper was Thai t/a Ginger & spring onion chicken stir fry with steamed pak choi, really lovely.
Sunday today just had my HiLo toast, sipping my tea. Lunch will be scrambled eggs. BbQ in the evening, various meats & salad.
Plans for BH will probs be leftovers from bbq with salad lunch. Eldest son repatriating and will be with us for supper and has requested an Indian t/a so for me my usual Tandoori King Prawn and cauli bhajee.
Enjoy the sunshine everyone. Good luck for Tuesday @Riva_Roxaban.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
BG at 5 am was 6.0. That was a good start, but, of course, it started rising fairly quickly and I took a correction dose at 8.45 to bring it down to a reasonable level before breakfast. However, the dose wasn't enough to do the job so I took a larger than usual dose of Humalog before breakfast because I knew I was taking a chance with the breakfast I'd planned of nutty granola with some rhubarb and raspberry mixture.

Sadly, post breakfast, at 11 am BG was up to 16.2! Silly, silly Ann. Might have known. Currently (12.45 pm) it's back down to 11.4, so it should be OK a bit later. Trouble is, I'm already hungry and not sure I can wait for too much longer without having some more food.

I used the remains of last evening's pea and bean mixture to make some soup. So that will be today's 2nd meal.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Very behind with this thread.

Brunch today was in the picturesque setting of the Red House Glass Cone near Stourbridge. Stunning canal side setting and the cafe obliged with a meal consisting only of eggs, bacon and melted cheese. Yum.

Dinner once back at the hotel in Brum was Nando’s. Plain chicken leg with Halloumi and a side of broccoli (yes, veg!). Equally delicious.

Attachments

• 90CE342F-A917-48C7-87CD-3EF80D78BBE6.jpeg
    90CE342F-A917-48C7-87CD-3EF80D78BBE6.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 86E308D0-A061-4844-B837-0B0E9AD36B4B.jpeg
    86E308D0-A061-4844-B837-0B0E9AD36B4B.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 111

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I Seem to have eaten an awful lot today:
Breakfast of bacon and eggs.
Didn’t intend to have lunch after that decent breakfast but I remembered a dressed crab in the fridge - delivered from local fisherman Friday so needs eating. Had it with lettuce and avocado and a glass of dry white wine while sitting on the patio.
Dinner was DD keto pork chop with broccoli - a very rich sauce but delicious.
Another discovery today - a gruesome one was the chicken bones etc still in the IP which I’d put on to make stock sometime last week snd forgotten about. I turned it off to let it cool down after cooking then forgot all about it.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee..
Lunch: Brie and pork scratchings followed by raspberries and cream.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and white chocolate Phd bar.
Dinner: roast lamb, cauliflower, brocolli and carrots with a tiny roast potato and a tiny dribble of gravy followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late lunch was first bbq of the year. A beefburger with cheese mixed in it and a lamb kofta. Both from Morrisons and very good with no odd ingredients. A bit of salad but pushed it too far bg wise with carrot sticks, strawberries (4) and blueberries (8)

Offset it with 3 hours hard gardening

Supper was just a bit of cheese, final half a keto nut and a glass red.

Liking using a libre, even though results are not always as expected

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and cheese omelette, re heated left over veggies for breakfast.
Cuppa hearty beef soup, cold spicy mexican sausage in a low carb wrap for lunch.
Corned brisket, veggies for dinner.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Another bad night. Went to bed (and sleep) about midnight. Woke up again at 1 am and couldn't get comfortable (legs and breathing!) so I got up and watched "Diners, drive ins and dives" on the food channel until I realised I wasn't even trying to listen to what was said and turned it off. Did a bit of family history stuff, had some tea. Finally, at 6.30 am I took some pain killers and went back to bed until 9.30. BG at that point was 11.7 so I took some Humlog and waited for it to go down. Eventually had brunch - about 1.30.

Brunch: refried sausage and fried eggs. Plenty of tea.

2nd meal: (may or may not happen - feeling pretty nauseous right now) I have some of the veg soup left over from yesterday so will either have to use it or throw it away.

Just after 3 pm I was gently dozing in the chair when "Hello Grannie!" Em had crept in and was leaning over me. So that was the end of dozing. Her Dad came to collect her about 5 pm and, for once, I was glad to see her go home. She has another cold and pretty bad cough (not unusual for her) so that might put her out of action for a day or so. Apparently she was swimming in the sea yesterday at Ness. Must have been cold - the temperature here has only just (yesterday) risen to 18 so the sea must still be pretty cold.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coconut cappuccino and Atkins bar.
Dinner: chicken in coriander lime and ginger with broccoli, green beans and Brussels followed by SForange jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An unusual day
10:00 a nut bar and one cold sausage, grabbed on the run while manning a stand at a charity thingy
12:30 ravenous, 2 scrambled eggs and another cold sausage. A sugarfree jelly with rhubarb and cream
15:30 still hungry so a piece lc rhubarb cake with small scoop full sugar ice cream. Still hungry so a packet of cheesies
19:00 stir fry of yesterday's leftover steak in soy sauce with greens, leeks, peppers and cabbage. 1 glass red. 2 squares 85%

But oddest of all, no exercise at all due to sprained back, and bg had hovered between 4 and 6 all day. My bg obviously hasn't read the don't snack and keep active manual. I give up trying to understand :banghead:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages, eggs and tomatoes for breakfast.
Couple of chicken pies (not too carby) from the pie shop for lunch.
Rosat shoulder pork chops, veggies and gravy for dinner.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb