What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday already here - what day is it where you are at? 4.8 on Swipey from yesterday - meh. Menu from yesterday copied and pasted - adjust Fage and Raspberries downwards, move on. I'll make an appointment for my first bloods since election day 2019 just to draw a line under this era and move on. My BG isn't very amenable to control by diet but the full panel of bloods will be useful. Great painting again @geefull and who is that artist @lindisfel? Tenacity again @gennepher so I'm looking forward to the art from the new app. Glad you aren't sore and stiff @Krystyna23040. Nice upbeat post @True Blue - tomatoes? We have 3 bought from W......ose. "Back home" there was an amazing guy who sold upwards of 50 varieties each year - 20-25p per plant. May be someone in the villages here when life opens up. Bye.
I bet your W......ose tomato plants are superb. We love home grown tomatoes and every year we benefit from our neighbours growing too many from seed.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ianpspurs
Mixed tomatoes? Need to decide if you want a bush or vine variety, then support, prune and nurture as appropriate. Suggest split the types into two separate areas if available. Good luck.
Thanks @True Blue. We grew several varieties in the old garden - 2 full raised beds and some growbags. Yellow tear drop, Tiger and Purple were prolific. This is a standard 4 bed detached house so IMHO piddling little garden. Not sure of the soil/crop mix here, the raised beds were created from scratch and had a bespoke soil mix. They flourished - better outside than in green houses. They seem ok so far as does the W.......ose rhubarb. 5 fruit trees in pots - patio size - doing ok. Will never be home but best compromise I can manage just now.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Tuesday already here - what day is it where you are at? 4.8 on Swipey from yesterday - meh. Menu from yesterday copied and pasted - adjust Fage and Raspberries downwards, move on. I'll make an appointment for my first bloods since election day 2019 just to draw a line under this era and move on. My BG isn't very amenable to control by diet but the full panel of bloods will be useful. Great painting again @geefull and who is that artist @lindisfel? Tenacity again @gennepher so I'm looking forward to the art from the new app. Glad you aren't sore and stiff @Krystyna23040. Nice upbeat post @True Blue - tomatoes? We have 3 bought from W......ose. "Back home" there was an amazing guy who sold upwards of 50 varieties each year - 20-25p per plant. May be someone in the villages here when life opens up. Bye.

The Artist? He the same Artist and Sculptor who uses glaciers as His chisel!
D.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
I bet your W......ose tomato plants are superb. We love home grown tomatoes and every year we benefit from our neighbours growing too many from seed.
When I was young I used to go birding round the old fashioned sewage farms..a great place for migrant wading birds unlike the modern treatment works.

The filter beds were full of tomato plants when they were drying out.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Artist? He the same Artist and Sculptor who uses glaciers as His chisel!
D.
I'm reading how He gave some bloke called Job a hard time just now. I tried to reach out to Job via Social Media (I think we would bond well) but no luck.;) The chickens loved tomatoes and after Mr Fox ate them the area around their coop had an unbelievable number of tomatoes spring up. I miss the chickens, rarely eat eggs now whereas I used to eat maybe 2 a day of our own.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
I'm reading how He gave some bloke called Job a hard time just now. I tried to reach out Job via Social Media (I think we would bond well) but no luck.;) The chickens loved tomatoes and after Mr Fox ate them the area around their coop had an unbelievable number of tomatoes spring up. I miss the chickens, rarely eat eggs now whereas I used to eat maybe 2 a day of our own.
Hi Ian,
Theodicy is a big subject. Too big for a simple guy like me!

O.t.h. proper free range eggs are a different kettle of fish.. They taste superb, it must be all the beetles, slugs and worms they eat. ;)
D.

lindisfel

Expert

7.30am FBG 6.4

Exactly the same as yesterday and for the same reason, late night snack of peanut butter. Mr Greedy comes to mind, but no suitable emojis.

Yesterday MrSlim cut down nearly all of the standing hayfield that was our "garden" Now I have hours of raking ahead. He thinks that if he mows and then mows repeatedly over the grass cuttings they will mulch and eventually disappear. Am not convinced.

Am concerned about this little fellow too.View attachment 49847

Hi Slimlizzy,
I would leave it until well into July when all the birds have nested and the young hares are grown up and then get a local farmer in to take a hay crop for his cows.
I doubt very much if paradise will have short grass. ;)
O.t.h. perhaps you should buy a cow in calf and then produce your own milk butter and cheese?
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Whoops. Idiot boy has been using the full sugar version - 79% carb - of caramel syrup in his coffee for 2 days.:arghh: 6 shots of that produce an impressive inverted V on Swipey aided by 0% Fage Greek yogurt, flaxseed and raspberries - 4.9 to 5.3 over 2 hrs. Usually a dip with sugar free. Careless but the coffee tasted spiffing - which is a bonus.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

finally plucked up courage to go get my bloods done, only three months late :sorry: Weird how much I want to know, mind you when I originally phoned I was told 'we're not doing that just now'

Anyway I got my fasting bloods done this morning, now we await the results ;)
I think my HbA1c will have gone up, I've noticed it's felt more of a juggling act to keep things on an even keel since I had the covid jabs.

Went over to pick up mum's shopping list and mowed a bit of grass and managed to tweak my knee again so I'm a bit dischuffed :( Hopefully it will feel better by tomorrow :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher - looks like an interestng app. I like your whale, enjoy the garden :)

@dunelm - a handsome junk, I presume they raise and lower the sail rather like a roman blind :) the battens should keep them in shape.

art bit - lots of fields of rape growing around here at the moment :)

upload_2021-6-8_19-29-24.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

finally plucked up courage to go get my bloods done, only three months late :sorry: Weird how much I want to know, mind you when I originally phoned I was told 'we're not doing that just now'

Anyway I got my fasting bloods done this morning, now we await the results ;)
I think my HbA1c will have gone up, I've noticed it's felt more of a juggling act to keep things on an even keel since I had the covid jabs.

Went over to pick up mum's shopping list and mowed a bit of grass and managed to tweak my knee again so I'm a bit dischuffed :( Hopefully it will feel better by tomorrow :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher - looks like an interestng app. I like your whale, enjoy the garden :)

@dunelm - a handsome junk, I presume they raise and lower the sail rather like a roman blind :) the battens should keep them in shape.

art bit - lots of fields of rape growing around here at the moment :)

View attachment 49852
Love the art as usual. No oil seed rape round here - air bases, pine trees, pigs (lots), sheep and some cereal. Quite a few acres of waste scubland which just looks scruffy. Rape seed declined in my old part of the Fens - vast acres of protein, peas and beans, which were mowed over by combines then ploughed and resown asap. None of the smell of OSR. When you get into the Fens proper around Ely rapid turnaround salad crops with fields worked from dawn to dusk by Eastern Europeans for now. Sorry to hear about the knee. A1c should be a breeze for you.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope your audiology appointment goes well. I loved my BlackBerry phone and very reluctantly changed to a Samsung Galaxy but must admit that the Samsung is a much better phone.
Went as expected, can't do wax, now waiting for wax removal appointment. :banghead:

Yes sad to loose my Blackberry, new Samsung is fine but offers far to much for my requirements. Kids to the rescue when I next see them to simplify things.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Parts of the local area have quite a few wildflowers on the grass verge...it seems to be a good year for Red Campion.

View attachment 49839

The bucolic scene across the field next to our cottage.View attachment 49840
Red Campion, yellow iris and cow parsley are doing extremely well here. We had a good show of bluebells and wild garlic or rampsons.

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This creature was long into hexagons way before our ancestors walked this planet.
I went to post a letter in the Royal Mail box on the side of the house tonight and found the nest they had removed to prevent getting wasp stings.
How does chance give that kind of economy of design?
D.

View attachment 49841
I have two of those in our loft and some solitary bee nests, I will leave them be as they do no real harm. I feel sorry for wasps, so good for the environment and then a pest when the queen stops feeding them, we should feel sorry for them as they are only looking forward food and a bit of will power and calmness onour part will keep them away.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the 21st year of the 21st century.:happy:;)

Once you get over the design differences, the new phones are amazing.

Literally an app for whatever you could dream of, and few you wouldn't :hilarious:

In case you didn't know .
If you can trust Google, tho' others do similar, backing up phone to the cloud, makes that next "transfer" mere seconds.
Google drive, or Dropbox, among others offer some free cloud storage

Link here mentions Samsung kies about 10 segments down
As an alternative
https://reincubate.com/support/how-to/restore-extracted-files-blackberry/

Apologies if teaching you to suck eggs :sorry:

Ps hope visit went well.
Ta. Considering I spent a life time developing computer software I have to say I find the setup irritating, still I will conquere. :)

As for Google I accept it's algorithms as I do Amzons and many other companies, modern life, why fight it?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

pretty hot here today, we did our raking up and mr gee chopped up some small logs that had been drying in a heap and strimmed along the path along the back of the house :)

a bit more breeze and some light cloud getting up now so it may be a bit cooler for sleeping tonight which will be good ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@lindisfel - dolphins in the firth if you keep your eyes peeled :joyful:

@Krystyna23040 - hope it's not too stressful on the body :)

@jjraak - I can just image the doggy joy of that long grass :hilarious:

@dunelm - interesting splodge :D, it reminds me of the terrain on the woodland walk nearby which has hummocks of heather and wimberries on the forest floor under the canopy :)

@True Blue - hope you can get your op. soon :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I hope for better progress for you this time.

@gennepher - I hope you get to enjoy some time in your garden in peace. Today's painting has so much lovely light in it :)

@alf_Josiah - sounds like a good bike ride. Good luck for the blood test results :)

art bit -
painted on Fabriano studio, it is not the 100% cotton but I quite like the way it takes colour :)

View attachment 49842
That is a mighty fine painting you have given us, so much light and atmosphere a definite GREAT WINNER.