What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.1. I seem to have Cystitis though not bad still could be enough to cause the bad week. Yesterday morning spent couple of hours hard labour transplanting small trees and shrubs so the rest of day was comatose on sofa with painkillers and antihistamine for oak rash!
@ziggy_w thanks for the kind words and its great to see you back. Happy Wednesday All.
Elbow bump for that combination. Never heard of Oak rash but it doesn't sound too nice.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Snap @Mrs T 123 - 6.4 which is annoying but can’t be helped it seems, will just have to ride it out.
Great to see you back and in good form @ziggy_w
@Widgets I remember liking those stuffed jalapeños too - excellent recovery and fbg.
You too @Estragon , glad to see you’ve dropped out of the 7s
@PenguinMum hugs for the combination, cystitis is miserable and oak rash sounds it too ( I’ve never heard of it either) hope you feel better soon.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning which is a bit strange as I was very well behaved yesterday, slept well and no other reason for the slight increase? Still, it's in the glorious greens so no real quibbling here

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning. Was so hungry last night and couldn't resist a late night snack of cheese. Looks like it was definitely not a good move on my part. Don't seem to be going down much neither. Still got a lot to learn.

Same here, each time I think I’ve got the hang of it I realise I haven’t at all!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Same here, each time I think I’ve got the hang of it I realise I haven’t at all!
See my reply to @Ryhia. No Ws here but sadly they live amongst us in this community. I may just possibly concede under duress to not cutting myself much any slack but I'm quite willing to do so for others.

Last edited:

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
6.9 this morning but did not sleep well and was up at 5.30 am stressing :(

Reactions: karen8967

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sorry to hear that. Stress seems to have a huge impact on BG. I hope things calm down for you soon.
Thank you sometimes its just a battle that I can do without :banghead:

Reactions: DJC3

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes it has the habit of kicking ones ......:angelic:

Reactions: DJC3

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
6.4 this morning. Was so hungry last night and couldn't resist a late night snack of cheese. Looks like it was definitely not a good move on my part. Don't seem to be going down much neither. Still got a lot to learn.

Question, what cheese was it?

Cheese is my "go to" when I want a snack later in the evening as its fats rather than carbs. Never had it affect my numbers that I can tell...

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Question, what cheese was it?

Cheese is my "go to" when I want a snack later in the evening as its fats rather than carbs. Never had it affect my numbers that I can tell...
It was Aldi's mature cheddar so no carbs - and cheese is my usual "go to" as well. I mentioned cheese but as we all know it could have been anything really, it was just that having cheese late at night was quite unusual for me, I don't normally have anything after 6:00p.m. Maybe my body had a shock. Who can say. Its not the first time I have reacted this way when I have eaten a fair amount of protein, so just assumed. Bloods were in 6s all morning but have steadied now thankfully. I wait in anticipation of what tomorrow may bring.

Reactions: DisFanJen and DJC3