What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.9 yesterday down to very little sleep and 7.8 today due to my over tired over indulgence in pasta one of my comfort carbs :rolleyes:

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
4.9 this morning.

The bigger win was that at diabetic foot clinic today they told me I can stop taking metformin! So happy as it was not always agreeing with me. I was put on it during my stay in hospital for IV antibiotics for a foot ulcer on 16 September, so about 2 months. The foot is now perfectly healed. Happy dance time. Now to keep up the work I am doing.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning.

The bigger win was that at diabetic foot clinic today they told me I can stop taking metformin! So happy as it was not always agreeing with me. I was put on it during my stay in hospital for IV antibiotics for a foot ulcer on 16 September, so about 2 months. The foot is now perfectly healed. Happy dance time. Now to keep up the work I am doing.
That is fantastic news. I'm delighted for you.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning.

That’s fantastic news, keep dancing!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.9 yesterday down to very little sleep and 7.8 today due to my over tired over indulgence in pasta one of my comfort carbs :rolleyes:

Tomorrow is another day - hope you sleep better tonight.

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It was Aldi's mature cheddar so no carbs - and cheese is my usual "go to" as well. I mentioned cheese but as we all know it could have been anything really, it was just that having cheese late at night was quite unusual for me, I don't normally have anything after 6:00p.m. Maybe my body had a shock. Who can say. Its not the first time I have reacted this way when I have eaten a fair amount of protein, so just assumed. Bloods were in 6s all morning but have steadied now thankfully. I wait in anticipation of what tomorrow may bring.

Yeah, I love the total randomness we get sometimes. (Can you hear the dripping sarcasm?)

Had some **** at work recently so my numbers have been higher during the day (7.1 at lunch! Eeep!) but once my day ends my numbers stabilise and all the extra stuff I’ve been doing during the day to try and stay low (extra exercise, eating a little less carbs at lunch, etc.) mean that by bed time I’m having to have a 8 - 10g carb nibble so that I don’t go to low overnight.

Well, we all muddle along as best we can, right?

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning.

Double winner star :)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.7 Ugh… “Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!” Stability through continual instability.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah, I love the total randomness we get sometimes. (Can you hear the dripping sarcasm?)

Had some **** at work recently so my numbers have been higher during the day (7.1 at lunch! Eeep!) but once my day ends my numbers stabilise and all the extra stuff I’ve been doing during the day to try and stay low (extra exercise, eating a little less carbs at lunch, etc.) mean that by bed time I’m having to have a 8 - 10g carb nibble so that I don’t go to low overnight.

Well, we all muddle along as best we can, right?
All very true ..so many things impact on BG and stress is one of them .

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Talking about random had a 8 this am now where did that come from ! Where ever it was I wish it would bugg** off back there :rolleyes:

Reactions: DJC3

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1636615109573.jpg