What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Iswole

9.1. I started malaria treatment yesterday, so I didn't use my metformin and this was what I got this morning. The malaria treatment will last 3 days, 1 capsule 2ice daily

Reactions: annabell1

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. An utter shambles of 6.2 on Swipey - 2 points above where I'm most comfortable. There are mitigating factors, there always are, but the bottom line is that level is feels very wrong for me. We each have a back story and our own comfort zones and that is not even on the same continent as mine. @DEBBIESCOTT I've heard of active rest but you are "next level" like a Duracell Bunny on speed. @BrianDoc enjoy Cheltenham but stay on the reservation. @ultradad no meat - very much to my liking, some fruit though. @Estragon enjoy Six Nations -double screening here Twickers and Sir Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards stadium. Go Team D.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.2 for me with my Tee2+ my estimated HbA1c on MySugar is now 50.4 I am not happy with that.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A mixture of low 9's and 8's over the last few days :rolleyes:
Hey you, the numbers are one thing but the attitude is consistently brilliant. You will always be the first name on my Team Sheet because you always "show up" and give it your best shot. That's a priceless, key asset which better people than me can work with. If you played any sport Messrs Strauss, Jones and Conte would be cloning your DNA:)

Reactions: Outlier

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another, sort of, mystery for me. Heavy cold, no exercise yesterday, just lounging around feeling sorry for myself. Usually would expect high fasting, but after a long lie in, and a very sound 11 hour sleep, woke up to 5.2. I think Dawn P, must haveeither had a very early start, so missed it, or just gave up on me altogether. Hope it is the latter, as the 5.2 sort of makes up for the grotty head cold, swollen glands, headachy, muzzy feeling.
:)

@JohnEGreen , ignore Mysugr predictions. Most likely only averaging your recent period of ill health, and you keep rather tight BG control rest of the time. Give it another week or two and that average will be much lower. Legend!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another, sort of, mystery for me. Heavy cold, no exercise yesterday, just lounging around feeling sorry for myself. Usually would expect high fasting, but after a long lie in, and a very sound 11 hour sleep, woke up to 5.2. I think Dawn P, must haveeither had a very early start, so missed it, or just gave up on me altogether. Hope it is the latter, as the 5.2 sort of makes up for the grotty head cold, swollen glands, headachy, muzzy feeling.
:)

@JohnEGreen , ignore Mysugr predictions. Most likely only averaging your recent period of ill health, and you keep rather tight BG control rest of the time. Give it another week or two and that average will be much lower. Legend!
Hug for the cold but absolutely a winner for fbg and sage advice to Master Green. Don't get ideas above your station concerning giving anyone else advice:D

Reactions: Ryhia