middle names

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been called by my middle name since birth - Annette. My first name is my mother's - Sheila. She says she has no idea why she put Annette second on my birth cert. My brother and both my sisters have family names and when I asked my mother where they got my name she told me to ask my Dad as he chose it. He said ask your mother, she chose it. So no one remembers picking my name!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine is Katarzyna which is Catherine in english. I do not like it :(

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Mine is Mary after my great aunt.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
It's weird isn't it ... I've never met another Bernadette either, in the whole of my 60 years. It was popular when I was born because I think she'd only just been sainted in the 1950's. And also, the name Bernadette doesn't seem to have started popping up again like most names do. I also have a long complicated foreign surname and at school it took me ages writing my name at the top of essays and test papers etc. It's a wonder I didn't have repetitive strain injury! :lol:

Netty70

GraceK said:
It's weird isn't it ... I've never met another Bernadette either, in the whole of my 60 years. It was popular when I was born because I think she'd only just been sainted in the 1950's. And also, the name Bernadette doesn't seem to have started popping up again like most names do. I also have a long complicated foreign surname and at school it took me ages writing my name at the top of essays and test papers etc. It's a wonder I didn't have repetitive strain injury! :lol:

Haha I also had a long surname plus I am a lefty so my writing isn't the best so I could fill a page lol
Thankfully I married a man with a four letter surname :)

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
chalkie 31 said:
Mines FRANCIS & proud of it

Mines Reginald, after my wonderful grandfather. I allways include it in everything I write.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My sisters middle name is Mary, after an aunt. And she had the same surname as me, Hale. So she was N. Mary Hale.

Growing up my brother and I used to always refer to her as the "Hairy Male". Simple but effective ;)

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Middle name is a very normal Richard. However, as regards names in general, I went to school with a Tony Bubbaloni which I just liked saying. Also, a Jenny Taylor ( think about it folks ) !!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
my sister in law just had a baby girl and called her "bell" im not so sure but there you go, the problem is there surname is "marsh" which i think is the name of a prison "Bell Marsh" *shrug*

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I knew a boy growing up called Wayne Kerr...you can imagine the grief he got for that

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
mo1905 said:
Middle name is a very normal Richard. However, as regards names in general, I went to school with a Tony Bubbaloni which I just liked saying. Also, a Jenny Taylor ( think about it folks ) !!

I work with a Jenny blowers. Which is generally fine, but our email addresses are part of our surnames followed by our first initial. So hers is:

[email protected]

Couldnt stop laughing the first time she emailed me!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
hale710 said:
mo1905 said:

I work with a Jenny blowers. Which is generally fine, but our email addresses are part of our surnames followed by our first initial. So hers is:

[email protected]

Lol ! Maybe I can forward on all my "herbal penis enlargement" emails onto her ?

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
mo1905 said:
hale710 said:
mo1905 said:

[email protected]

Lol ! Maybe I can forward on all my "herbal penis enlargement" emails onto her ?

Yes I'm sure she'd appreciate that!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
zolabud said:
My middle name is Anne. My initials spell PAM which is my name....

The new royal baby is George Alexander Louis which makes HIS initials GAL !!!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I came to England as a small child refugee and hadn't been baptised. After the family settled down to life here, My baptism was arranged at the age of 5. I chose for myself the middle name Daphnie. She was a neighbour who was probably in her early teens at that time and was very kind to a little girl still learning to speak English. I still wonder what became of her. We moved many times and lost touch.

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
My middle name is Anne, it was chosen by my Mother who chose that name as her second middle name when she had her Holy Communion. My initials spell out LAG.

My Mum uses her first middle name, as she hates her first name, she is Rosemary Ruth Anne. Her Dad wanted to call her Ruth, but didn't think that Ruth Rosemary sounded as nice as Rosemary Ruth, so she was baptised as the latter, though everyone had always called her Ruth.

Sent from Diabetes.co.uk Forum App