Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks - I'm actually pretty excited to get this done as I've really got my blood sugars down from my own readings and I'm pretty sure it's going to be reflected in my HbA1c

Good luck Phil. Looking forward to seeing your results

Reactions: 6 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My lowest ever this morning - 4.5 :) I've got my first HbA1C since I was diagnosed this morning and I'm expecting a far better one than the 107 that led to my diagnosis 3 months ago
Good luck Phil, I'm sure it will be much better news for you

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Reactions: 5 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning on new batch 61, which is what one of my last few if 44 had me at bedtime so that's about right- i then decided to use up another 44 as a random, same finger, same puncture site.....and it gave 6.4!! Just goes to show how erratic 44 has been!
Btw......wasn't me either! Love my radio but can never quite get into chris- i was a tog in the day and miss him still!!

Reactions: 11 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks - I'm actually pretty excited to get this done as I've really got my blood sugars down from my own readings and I'm pretty sure it's going to be reflected in my HbA1c
Good luck Phil !! Your hard work should give you a good result!

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hefty 6.5 this morning but it's what I deserve after too many chips and a plateful of protein at pub quiz. And I topped it all off with cheese at bedtime.

Reactions: 16 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning on new batch 61, which is what one of my last few if 44 had me at bedtime so that's about right- i then decided to use up another 44 as a random, same finger, same puncture site.....and it gave 6.4!! Just goes to show how erratic 44 has been!
Btw......wasn't me either! Love my radio but can never quite get into chris- i was a tog in the day and miss him still!!
Oh hear hear I was a TOG to, there will never be another one like him.:D

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 for me this morning... think I'm on a self-destructive path at the moment as I cant seem to stop eating. I am eating all the right things, just in the wrong quantities...hopefully I'll snap out of this dark cloud soon grrrr

Reactions: 13 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My lowest ever this morning - 4.5 :) I've got my first HbA1C since I was diagnosed this morning and I'm expecting a far better one than the 107 that led to my diagnosis 3 months ago
Way to go Phil... good luck with the HbA1C test :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.7 for me this morning... think I'm on a self-destructive path at the moment as I cant seem to stop eating. I am eating all the right things, just in the wrong quantities...hopefully I'll snap out of this dark cloud soon grrrr

Hang on in there Kezzer. This cold weather doesn't help.

Reactions: 9 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Kezzer, you're not alone.. I'm the same, just can't stop eating. Bluetit's right, I think this bitter cold weather doesn't help, just makes me want to eat hot comfort foods. It must be bad.. Lol.. because I can't even face drinking my beloved green smoothies for the last few days :rolleyes:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Kezzer, you're not alone.. I'm the same, just can't stop eating. Bluetit's right, I think this bitter cold weather doesn't help, just makes me want to eat hot comfort foods. It must be bad.. Lol.. because I can't even face drinking my beloved green smoothies for the last few days :rolleyes:

You hang on in there, too! Spring is round the corner.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Not with your regime Kezz :)

You'll be OK :) MIke

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Before dinner 5.9
Only salad for dinner and reading after 2 hours was 6.1
Fasting 7.1 ?????????????????????????
Did it again 6.9
Did it again 6.8
Washed hands
Did it again 6.8
Frustrated
Took the toothpaste in hand and mixed water to it and tested that
Got a reading Lo
Took a shower and punctured another finger
Came at 6.2
Did it again 6.3
Punctured a third finger
Came at 6.2
Did it again 6.1
So that's that way you lower your blood sugars if you are on batch 44 and also this is how you finish that ****** batch
Unfortunately the side effect of all this is sore fingers, well 3 of them are :(

@kimbo1962 your post makes me feel so much better.

Reactions: 12 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Before dinner 5.9
Only salad for dinner and reading after 2 hours was 6.1
Fasting 7.1 ?????????????????????????
Did it again 6.9
Did it again 6.8
Washed hands
Did it again 6.8
Frustrated
Took the toothpaste in hand and mixed water to it and tested that
Got a reading Lo
Took a shower and punctured another finger
Came at 6.2
Did it again 6.3
Punctured a third finger
Came at 6.2
Did it again 6.1
So that's that way you lower your blood sugars if you are on batch 44 and also this is how you finish that ****** batch
Unfortunately the side effect of all this is sore fingers, well 3 of them are :(

@kimbo1962 your post makes me feel so much better.

Well that's one way of finishing a load of ****** strips! Better luck with the new batch Brettsza.

Status
Not open for further replies.