What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream
L: chicken in puttanesca and additional med veg
S: knorr stock pot with dash cream
D: will probably be cheese.

Dipped a bit low pre lunch because i forgot to snack before dog walking. No idea what it dropped to, because i forgot my meter too! But i didn't have any adrenalin surge and the usual rage issues, so I'm thinking that i'm now in ketosis consistently enough that my glycogen reserves are depleted so that liver dumping isn't possible.

Ace result.

Now i just have to keep it up.
This narrow band of vlc is the only way i lose weight.

Keep it up, keep it up! :)

I totally understand the narrow band criteria... I only lose weight when I go under 30grms. And it is sooooo easy to put it back on... however my BGs had behaved properly despite me putting on weight.

Reactions: 6 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: slice of almond & lemon cake fried in butter with a handful of blueberries, Alpro coconut yoghurt and flax
L: feta, olives, 2 hard boiled eggs with butter and salt (had an egg craving; they were delicious!)
D: baked avocado with tuna mayo and mozzarella; salad of rocket, red pepper, tomato, toasted pine nuts & balsamic vinegar
peach and cardamom ice cream (it set solid in the freezer and has to be defrosted for a considerable amount of time before I can chip it out of the container. At least that means I don't eat too much!)

Reactions: 10 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello.
B. 2 tiny slices of Sukrin bread with pate

L. Raspberries with Greek yoghurt

D. Roast chicken with broad beans, piece of parsnip, cabbage, gravy and small amount of stuffing followed by strawberries with cream.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Mongolia . When you do your baked avocado do you scoop the avocado out and mix it with your other ingredients then put it back in ? Or do you put the other things on top of the half avocado? I'm hoping to do one tomorrow. Thank you :)

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Coconut flour/flax bread & almond butter
S: Cheese (if I don’t take something before gardening my levels shoot up)
L: Bacon & egg, forest fruits, almond fairy cake & cream
S: (still gardening) 2 tsps almond butter
D: Avocado baked with tuna mayo & cheddar, salad with oil & balsamic, stewed rhubarb & cream

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Christinerm . You worked hard in the garden yesterday. I bet it looks beautiful. I'm going out shortly to start the same. Do you know the answer to my avocado question? When you did yours with tuna and cheese did you put it on top or scoop the avocado out? Thank you

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mongolia . When you do your baked avocado do you scoop the avocado out and mix it with your other ingredients then put it back in ? Or do you put the other things on top of the half avocado? I'm hoping to do one tomorrow. Thank you :)
I simply take the stone out and fill the hole. That way the avocado still stays firm rather than mashing it up but whatever works for you. Remember to cut a little slither of skin off the underside of each half so that it doesn't roll around on the baking tray! Enjoy

Reactions: 7 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mongolia . Thank you. I'm hoping to try this with Camambert and bacon bits in the avocado. :)
That sounds delicious :hungry: Am loving this baked avocado enthusiasm - I have found them such a good alternative to jacket potato which I used to have regularly.

Reactions: 9 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Mongolia . I hadn't thought of it as a jacket potato alternative but that's a good thought. I'll let you know how it goes.

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A salady day, with the allotment going mad after a day's good solid rain.
Also, Mrs DeeJay doesn't like the smell of frying or grilling bacon in the flat at breakfast when she has her cereal. So I rummaged in the fridge ...
B: Poached egg, cream cheese & spring onion rolled in a big slice of mortadella, sliced warmed tomato with s&p, dollop of mayo
L: Mixed salad, ham, salami, pickled courgette
D: Cold chicken, mixed salad, last small spuds off the plot boiled with butter, more mayo.
I have beetroot, cucumber and more courgettes to pickle and have cooked and sieved some blackcurrants so Mrs DeeJay can have the coulis (?) sweetened and I will eat the pulp unsweetened with cream and other stuff.

Reactions: 8 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just made chia seed & nut 'bread' and it is rather tasty and fairly convincing in texture. Found it as a ready mix pack in a health food shop. Ridiculously expensive but eating a slice has brought a big smile to my face on this miserable rainy Sunday! This is the website: http://uggfoods.com/

Reactions: 13 people

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 egg omelette with spinach, mushrooms and a dollop of harissa, half a grapefruit.
S: 2 squares Lindt 85% chocolate
L: 100g Greek full fat yoghurt with a few cherries, a slice of melon and chopped mixed nuts.
D: Courgetti with tomato, bacon, chilli, garlic and aubergine sauce, lots of grated parmesan.

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
naughty sunday...

B: 2 coffees with lactofree and a small piece of cajun chicken leftover from yesterday.
L: Haddock fillet, green salad, black beans and baked sweet potatoes
S: Manchego and prunes, and low carb cheese sticks. Prosecco...

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Everybody.
B. Raspberries and Greek style yoghurt

L. Half avocado cooked in oven with bacon and Camambert.
@Mongolia . I enjoyed the topping but I wasn't sure about the warm avocado. That could have been as it was overpowered a little by the cheese. I'd like to try it again with a different cheese

D. Oven roast chicken thighs with mushrooms, onions and courgette. :)

I found the ugg bread and I'm going to try to get some especially after mongolias recommendation.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How about a sharp, peppery cheese? Or just add chilli?

I'm thinking of that sublime guacamole, salza, chilli, made-in-heaven combo...

Not much point in me posting today's food. I'm back on the cherries. :wacky::D:hungry:

Reactions: 7 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I have been mostly eating;

B: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Chipolatas & Tomato
L: Avocado, Parma Ham, Salami, and a bit of Cheese
D: Duck Leg braised in Red Wine, Cauli Mash, Green veggies

...probably have some Yog and Berries later, no 85% in the house :bigtears:

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Everybody.
B. Raspberries and Greek style yoghurt

L. Half avocado cooked in oven with bacon and Camambert.
@Mongolia . I enjoyed the topping but I wasn't sure about the warm avocado. That could have been as it was overpowered a little by the cheese. I'd like to try it again with a different cheese

D. Oven roast chicken thighs with mushrooms, onions and courgette. :)

I found the ugg bread and I'm going to try to get some especially after mongolias recommendation.
I find that the avocado is softer and creamier when it is warm. Am liking Brunneria's suggestion of using chilli. Maybe making a salsa using tomato, red onion and chilli and topping with goat's cheese?

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: almond cake fried in butter with blueberries and cream
L: Ugg bread sandwich with bacon and cheese. First sandwich in 8 months!
S: coconut oil chocolate fudge stuff
D: chicken curry with cauliflower and courgette rice. Still ploughing through the peach and cardamom ice cream. Need to eat it up as wanting to make orange and chocolate olive oil ice cream - intriguing!

Reactions: 11 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Restaurant food - sirloin steak with stilton & mozzarella cheeses and a cream sauce. I swapped potatoes for a salad and it was delicious.