‘Stop Eating After 7pm’ Challenge

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry I haven’t posted all weekend folks. You’re all doing so well. I’ve stuck to the challenge and usually finished by the latest of 6:30.
You're let off then @MissMuffett.

I'm hanging in there too, met the 19.00 deadline this evening and still feel pleasantly full now it's almost bedtime.

Sweet dreams x

Reactions: MissMuffett

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6 30 for us tonight, but I have had some kefir at 8 30 as was hungry and thought this might do the trick.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6 30 for us tonight, but I have had some kefir at 8 30 as was hungry and thought this might do the trick.
I had a mug of coffee with cream for the same reason so I don't think this breaks the rules :p

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So far, I haven't experienced hunger during the evening and mostly quench my thirst with chilled tap water from the fridge.
A spoonful of Marmite in hot water is nice when it's cold outside.

Still meeting the 19.00 deadline comfortably and I'm feeling pleasantly full now it's almost bedtime.

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still on target, I'm pleased to say. We're meeting the 19.00 deadline comfortably and I'm still feeling pleasantly full.

It's past my bedtime, so I'm signing off now.
Good night all.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finished at 6:20 I thought, then remembered a cookie in the cupboard left over from visitors, I should have thrown it in the bin. Very cross with myself. I can’t have anything non diabetic friendly in the house as my willpower is zilch! :mad:

Reactions: LivingLightly

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been very lax and haven't managed to keep to the deadline at all. Mostly because of long work hours and getting in a bit late. I do try to finish as early as 8pm, which I am just about managing!

• Hug
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I generally find that after consuming my evening meal about 6.00pm, by 11.00pm I'm hungry again and need to raid the fridge.....However, I started to eat chewing gum, the no sugar variety, so, I don't fill my stomach with anything as such, but, the habit of chewing gum tricks the brain into thinking I'm eating therefore my hunger pangs disappear. It's worked for me so far, maybe it's an avenue that others might consider exploring in the future.

All the best, take care now, everyone.

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I generally find that after consuming my evening meal about 6.00pm, by 11.00pm I'm hungry again and need to raid the fridge.....However, I started to eat chewing gum, the no sugar variety, so, I don't fill my stomach with anything as such, but, the habit of chewing gum tricks the brain into thinking I'm eating therefore my hunger pangs disappear. It's worked for me so far, maybe it's an avenue that others might consider exploring in the future.

All the best, take care now, everyone.
Finished at 5:50 this evening with 2 rashers of bacon and 4 eggs I’m stuffed. I think also I have to wait 20 minutes before I think I need a pudding. I was going to have berries and yogurt but had a phone call for half an hour and I can do without now.

Just something to bare in mind with chewing gum, even though it’s sugar free, the taste of sweetness might trick your brain into thinking you’re eating something sweet and to produce insulin to deal with it. But of course everyone is different and you might be ok. I usually have a decaf with cream and I’m slow getting out of the habit of putting sweetener in it.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Polished off supper well before the 19.00 deadline this evening. It's bedtime and I'm still feeling pleasantly full.

Having one's last meal of the day no later than, say, 18.00-19.00 and avoiding snacks afterwards gives your digestive system a well-deserved rest before you hit the hay. Not only do I sleep better, but it's worked wonders for my post breakfast readings the next morning.

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
19:45 tonight after a long wet journey home, but lunch was later too. Will skip breakfast toas it's early yoga day

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still spot on, I'm pleased to say. We're meeting the 19.00 deadline comfortably and I'm still feeling pleasantly full at bedtime.

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes