Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
3D50EBF4-FF74-4255-8A6F-F2912E4FB02F.JPG

Something I just wanted to share with you all, especially for the young uns among us that are reeling from the news about diagnosis and so on. On the right is me around the time I got diagnosed and I learned the other day that I was 22 stone 12 lbs! 320 pounds for crying out loud! As of this week I am down to 14 stone 8 lbs or 204 pounds which caught me by surprise, I'd already crossed my 100lbs goal and then some and officially now under 100kg's for the first time since I was a teenager!

Yeah it's going to be maintaining all this that is the issue but you know what? When you can eat just twice a day and no longer feel hungry, it's liberating so I doubt I am going to let myself regain anytime soon. ESPECIALLY when I have flatlined my levels even whilst I am suffering from an infection.

Thanks to everyone here for inspiring and advising me, you're seriously the real heroes of this world :happy:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 34940

Something I just wanted to share with you all, especially for the young uns among us that are reeling from the news about diagnosis and so on. On the right is me around the time I got diagnosed and I learned the other day that I was 22 stone 12 lbs! 320 pounds for crying out loud! As of this week I am down to 14 stone 8 lbs or 204 pounds which caught me by surprise, I'd already crossed my 100lbs goal and then some and officially now under 100kg's for the first time since I was a teenager!

Yeah it's going to be maintaining all this that is the issue but you know what? When you can eat just twice a day and no longer feel hungry, it's liberating so I doubt I am going to let myself regain anytime soon. ESPECIALLY when I have flatlined my levels even whilst I am suffering from an infection.

Thanks to everyone here for inspiring and advising me, you're seriously the real heroes of this world :happy:

Absolutely stunning progress and well deserved, @Caeseji. You look very handsome. Congrats on your results and all your hard work.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow what a stunning transformation well done and truly inspirational.
Just a bit of reassurance on the maintenance worries I’ve been amazed by how the body kind of settles once you reach your ideal weight. I’ve had to make some tweaks to adjust but am at low ideal weight still after achieving it around a year ago. I was always a serial gainer and loser with my many many low fat diets but keto keeps me weight stable, bgs in control in good health and more balanced, I used to have lots of anxiety and depression.
Great work - you look amazing @Caeseji

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
you may have got rubbish BG genes but you got the handsome genes (in all your versions) but none of that matters compared to how lovely a person you are (from posts seen here). You are an inspiration (and I'm not remotely a "young un").

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My hero

got stuck in straight away.
done the hard yards, full on.

smashed the HBA1c

Now this... what a transformation.
(and a hell of a nice guy to boot.)

been a pleasure watching your progress, young fella
look forward to your continuing success....
m1239.gif