elliegladman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Low blood sugar ):
Hi, I'm El. I'm 19 and I'm quite lonely in the area of diabetic friends! I've only ever had one diabetic friend and it's when I was younger and wanted nothing to do with my illness.
I'm willing to give people my social media if you're interested in becoming friends :) I'm a photographer, my favourite film is Fantastic Mr Fox and I love music like Mother Mother, Declan McKenna and Ashnikko! I also use an omnipod and do finger prick tests.

Thank you!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm El. I'm 19 and I'm quite lonely in the area of diabetic friends! I've only ever had one diabetic friend and it's when I was younger and wanted nothing to do with my illness.
I'm willing to give people my social media if you're interested in becoming friends :) I'm a photographer, my favourite film is Fantastic Mr Fox and I love music like Mother Mother, Declan McKenna and Ashnikko! I also use an omnipod and do finger prick tests.

Thank you!

Hi @elliegladman ,

Welcome to the forum.

Safety online first, regarding giving out any personal information to people you may not know.

I'm old enough to be your dad. But yeah I've in bands with 2 other T1s & appreciate they tend to keep themselves to themself...

I'll tag in another Ellie. @EllieM to say hello. & @MeiChanski who is a little closer to your age.

Best wishes.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi El and welcome to the forums.

I'm a little ancient for you (my children are in their 20s) but I certainly remember being your age and wishing that I knew other T1s (other than my mother, who was one.) I have actually met quite a few during the course of my life but I talk to a lot more on the forums.

There are quite a few teenagers who post on here so hopefully you'll get some more replies soon.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot

Thank you!
Welcome to the forum and i understand you i was diagnosed around 7 years old, didn't have any other friends who were diabetic in school, i was living in singapore and spain at the time. Even when i moved to secondary school in england i was the only one who was type 1 in my school. However when i went to a diabetic camp when i was 14 that's what made me realise i'm not alone and there's other's out their that have the same condition, my favourite tv show is also what helped me accept my condition at the time. If you want to talk, feel free to PM me on hear. (I'm currently 22 years old)

elliegladman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Low blood sugar ):
Hi @elliegladman ,

Welcome to the forum.

Safety online first, regarding giving out any personal information to people you may not know.

I'm old enough to be your dad. But yeah I've in bands with 2 other T1s & appreciate they tend to keep themselves to themself...

I'll tag in another Ellie. @EllieM to say hello. & @MeiChanski who is a little closer to your age.

Best wishes.

Thank you! I'm just looking for someone who understands but I get that safety is extremely important, thank you for reminding me and being so kind :)

elliegladman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Low blood sugar ):
Welcome to the forum and i understand you i was diagnosed around 7 years old, didn't have any other friends who were diabetic in school, i was living in singapore and spain at the time. Even when i moved to secondary school in england i was the only one who was type 1 in my school. However when i went to a diabetic camp when i was 14 that's what made me realise i'm not alone and there's other's out their that have the same condition, my favourite tv show is also what helped me accept my condition at the time. If you want to talk, feel free to PM me on hear. (I'm currently 22 years old)

Hi! Thank you so much. i'll be sure to pm you at some point :)

Reactions: Lulu9101112

Little_Lucy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Thank you!

Hi! I’m Lucy and I’m 18 yrs old, u can dm me if ur still looking :)

(Mod edit)

Last edited by a moderator: