2018/19 Football Season

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well that was fun! FGR 1 Arsenal U21s 3. I have just had my first away fan experience at FGR! Yep, decided to stand with my family and support Arsenal, though my loyalties were torn. I got soaked through. Didn't have a vegan burger, but the rest of my family did. Well worth going, we watched some good football for only £6. I only knew one Arsenal player (Willock). Some funny chants...including a few Arsenal fans singing 'are you Tottenham in disguise?'...which was hardly an insult really was it? lol. There was also 'We've got our Arsenal back' when we went 2-0 up :rolleyes::)

A few odd refereeing decisions, but an excellent advantage played which led to the Arsenal 3rd goal. We soon stopped our moaning after that lol. Great fun and so good to be home by 9.30. There was one Gooner who had made the trip from Glasgow...that's dedication.

It was good to see Freddie Ljungberg and Per Mertesacker again and also Tony Adams. :)

Happy, happy happy, this is what footie is all about. :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well that was fun! FGR 1 Arsenal U21s 3. I have just had my first away fan experience at FGR! Yep, decided to stand with my family and support Arsenal, though my loyalties were torn. I got soaked through. Didn't have a vegan burger, but the rest of my family did. Well worth going, we watched some good football for only £6. I only knew one Arsenal player (Willock). Some funny chants...including a few Arsenal fans singing 'are you Tottenham in disguise?'...which was hardly an insult really was it? lol. There was also 'We've got our Arsenal back' when we went 2-0 up :rolleyes::)

A few odd refereeing decisions, but an excellent advantage played which led to the Arsenal 3rd goal. We soon stopped our moaning after that lol. Great fun and so good to be home by 9.30. There was one Gooner who had made the trip from Glasgow...that's dedication.

It was good to see Freddie Ljungberg and Per Mertesacker again and also Tony Adams. :)

Happy, happy happy, this is what footie is all about. :)

I really have enjoyed my visits to the New Lawn, despite the food and results.
The innovation and weirdness of how the chairman has produced a league two club from nothing on a very low attendance. The people there are really friendly and helpful, plenty of good tea! Again despite the circumstances and being in the middle of nowhere :angelic:
And the fish from the chippy at the bottom of the mountain the ground stands on was really tasty!

Reactions: Johnboy412 and zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really have enjoyed my visits to the New Lawn, despite the food and results.
The innovation and weirdness of how the chairman has produced a league two club from nothing on a very low attendance. The people there are really friendly and helpful, plenty of good tea! Again despite the circumstances and being in the middle of nowhere :angelic:
And the fish from the chippy at the bottom of the mountain the ground stands on was really tasty!
My son insists on parking half way up that mountain … I am getting used to almost running up it now.

Reactions: Lamont D

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another footy day. We are Home to Wet Spam and need to score some goals of our own and get some 3 pointers under our belts. I've a feeling Wet Spam will leave with 3 points though I hope I'm wrong. UTT
Good luck to everyone else who is playing today. Hope you all get a win :)

Reactions: Cumberland and zand

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just seen the fixtures and FGR take on Oxford Utd while Tranmere take on Oxford City. Both in the FA Cup. Interesting. Hopefully be a black day in Oxford when they both get beaten:D:D

Reactions: Cumberland

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Marvellous isn't it. We were leading 1-0 for long enough and it was enough to get us out of the relegation zone. Then low and behold we let them equalise and it stayed that way so we are back in the relegation zone now :( 2 weeks now to train up for the next game against Wolves on 25th.

Well done Carlisle safely through to round 2.
FGR replay and so do Tranmere after both drawing. 3-3 Tranmere must have been some game.
Hope everyone else's team got a satisfactory result :)

Reactions: Cumberland

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Classic Saints - throwing a couple of points away. However, on this occasion we wuz robbed by a disallowed goal: somebody buy the Ref a new pair of specs, grrrrr.......

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Classic Saints - throwing a couple of points away. However, on this occasion we wuz robbed by a disallowed goal: somebody buy the Ref a new pair of specs, grrrrr.......

Yes I agree with you there. Charlie Austin's goal was a good goal and no way was it offside. Its time they got VAR all over the prem matches now and that would have settled it.

Reactions: jay hay-char

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After seeing us on MOTD I have to say we were very unlucky we rattled the woodwork a few times. We should have had a penalty but the ref failed to see the blatant foul in the box. Just like the Saints we were robbed. :rolleyes::mad:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Marvellous isn't it. We were leading 1-0 for long enough and it was enough to get us out of the relegation zone. Then low and behold we let them equalise and it stayed that way so we are back in the relegation zone now :( 2 weeks now to train up for the next game against Wolves on 25th.

Well done Carlisle safely through to round 2.
FGR replay and so do Tranmere after both drawing. 3-3 Tranmere must have been some game.
Hope everyone else's team got a satisfactory result :)

Well, that was eventful!
They were very good and we were shocking!
Oxford city got a deserved standing ovation from the Tranmere crowd because of there performance. They deserved to win, we did not!
Probably our worst performance since the last time we were in league two four seasons ago! It was dreadful!
Away to Crewe next Saturday, could be 2000 Rovers supporters there! A big derby!
Hopefully, a decent draw on Monday, maybe Carlisle, home or away!!!!!
Not FGR tho!

Reactions: Johnboy412

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mind you - it would also probably have awarded a penalty against the Saints.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
So who did you get ? I cant see Carlisle in next weeks FA Cup fixtures. Tranmere are away to Oxford Utd. I'm assuming Carlisle may have got a bye ?

We’re away again at Lincoln City so not easy draw

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
So who did you get ? I cant see Carlisle in next weeks FA Cup fixtures. Tranmere are away to Oxford Utd. I'm assuming Carlisle may have got a bye ?
We have a cup replay on Tuesday night at Oxford city, then if we get through a real derby against fellow Merseysiders Southport!
Hopefully, we will be good enough to get a money making draw in third round!
It won't happen!