2018/19 Football Season

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not the prettiest football ever but I am well happy with the win at Bournemouth today. The ref was awful. We didn't know why he disallowed a goal for them and he gave offside against Arsenal...and let Bournemouth take it from the Arsenal half!! Well if that's the right place it's not offside then is it? D'uh. :rolleyes: Worst referring decisions I have ever seen (discounting those at Old Trafford during the Fergie era....)

Reactions: Cumberland

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A battle royal with coldham!
A draw a fair result with nearly 7000 in attendance with over 1000 plastic mancs.
Great atmosphere and a point to keep us around the top ten (play offs).

Grimsby (Tuesday night)!
Grim, but looking forward to it!

So many games in the last few weeks and coming up, as we have the real Merseyside derby in the cup Sunday, then there is a small matter of an eleven a side kickabout in Stanley park to keep me interested afterwards!

The footie is just relentless! Then there's Christmas!
Which has been cancelled in our house, due to I'm working and all the games!
Bah! Humbug!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like a bad Tuesday night for FGR and Tranmere :(
Carlisle a draw I suppose better than losing.
Saints knocked out of the EFL cup by Leicester. Did well to get to the penalty shoot out.

Saw Murinho throwing a paddy he smashed those water bottles on the ground in frustration. I wonder if he'll get fined for that. :D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh what a night!
A really bad night!
Got soaked, wet and windy!
A right hammering.
Worst for years.
And to top it off, motorways closed, and detours and diversion to cope with on way home!
So not going to speak about it!

Merseyside derby fa cup tie Sunday, expecting a far better performance, just outside playoffs now, so, nowt to be concerned about as yet!

I'm still wet, tired and hungry!

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had to quickly change my dance shoes for boots and hurr6 to catch the late gate at Wigan tonight, good to see us back to winning ways..

Reactions: Cumberland and zand

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Away R2 FA Cup tomorrow at Lincoln City

Best of luck, hope you get a result. The money getting to the third round is welcome for most of the club's at our levels. A cup run or a big premier club will help with paying the bills.

We don't play until 'derby day' Sunday.
We play Southport at home, a few hours before the smaller 'derby'!

Best wishes for all our teams!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Best of luck, hope you get a result. The money getting to the third round is welcome for most of the club's at our levels. A cup run or a big premier club will help with paying the bills.

We don't play until 'derby day' Sunday.
We play Southport at home, a few hours before the smaller 'derby'!

Best wishes for all our teams!

You should win surely

Reactions: Johnboy412

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We are Home to Brighton today. Hopefully we'll win. Cardiff beat Wolves last night and jump out of the relegation zone and above us. Now there's just 1 point between us and the relegation zone again :eek:

Good luck to all the teams playing today I hope we all get a win :)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear we went and blew it big time. Having that man sent off cost us dearly and we lost 1-2. Annoying seeing as we went 1-0 up after just 1 minute and Brighton didn't seem to be in it for long enough :rolleyes::mad::(

Bad luck Carlisle crashed out :(
If the Saints beat Man Utd we will be back in the relegation zone :eek: kind of hoping they don't. Sorry @jay hay-char :D its a dog eat dog world :D

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear we went and blew it big time. Having that man sent off cost us dearly and we lost 1-2. Annoying seeing as we went 1-0 up after just 1 minute and Brighton didn't seem to be in it for long enough :rolleyes::mad::(

Bad luck Carlisle crashed out :(
If the Saints beat Man Utd we will be back in the relegation zone :eek: kind of hoping they don't. Sorry @jay hay-char :D its a dog eat dog world :D
I think you're probably safe. On current form, the Saints couldn't beat Accrington Stanley, never mind a top Premiership team - even if they are coached by a grumpy Portuguese bloke.....

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you're probably safe. On current form, the Saints couldn't beat Accrington Stanley, never mind a top Premiership team - even if they are coached by a grumpy Portuguese bloke.....

Well they were 2-0 up for long enough but Utd have pulled it back to 2-2 and its Half Time. You never know matey you might just pull it off.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well they were 2-0 up for long enough but Utd have pulled it back to 2-2 and its Half Time. You never know matey you might just pull it off.
Well I can hardly believe I am saying this, but it ended two-nil, so we got a point. This is good news (a point) and bad (no excuse for sacking Mark Hughes tomorrow). Oh well, we march on.....

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jay hay-char well done you held on for a draw. Looking better for you than us. We got Bournemouth and Arsenal to come this next Tuesday and Saturday. :eek:
Good luck, you'll need it against both of them. Bournemouth are in good form and the **** seem to be getting it together under the new regime. We have a nightmare few weeks to come, of which the MUFC game was the first, so we can't be in the least complacent either.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I can hardly believe I am saying this, but it ended two-nil, so we got a point. This is good news (a point) and bad (no excuse for sacking Mark Hughes tomorrow). Oh well, we march on.....

So Mark Hughes has been sacked then ??

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck, you'll need it against both of them. Bournemouth are in good form and the **** seem to be getting it together under the new regime. We have a nightmare few weeks to come, of which the MUFC game was the first, so we can't be in the least complacent either.

Thanks we sure will need it too.