2021/22 season

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
West Brom v Arsenal tonight then. I wonder how many WBA will win by?:rolleyes:
Not going to this one, still ill after mixing with all those people at Brentford. :(

Reactions: Johnboy412

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
West Brom v Arsenal tonight then. I wonder how many WBA will win by?:rolleyes:
Not going to this one, still ill after mixing with all those people at Brentford. :(

I would imagine that the u23s will be showing the first team how to win!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So Arsenal won 6-0 :woot: OK lads, now try doing that again... in the Premier League on Saturday. At Man City. :hilarious:

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Home to Reading tomorrow for our lads. Hopefully 3 points. Good luck to all those playing this weekend. Hope your team wins.

Reactions: zand and Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Scunthorpe away. A very similar club for all kinds of reasons.

0-0 written all over it!

Hope everyone gets a result this weekend!

BTW, Ronaldo was stolen from us by utd!
He said it was a boyhood dream to play at Prenton Park!

Reactions: Johnboy412 and zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well hubby predicted the score perfectly , so he gets the family points this weekend. 5-0 to Citeh. We did well for the first 5 minutes lol.
Highlights of the game? Well when the row in front of us walked out before half time it meant that I didn't need to stand up to see anymore. Oh and clapping the players for several minutes at the end of the game was good too.

Not 0-0 for you today after all @Lamont D !

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear. FGR 0 Port Vale 2. Not the best results for me today. Come on Leeds tomorrow.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yeah @zand we were very poor and not only we didn't score, we never had a shot on target!
Scunny won their first game in 16!
We have not scored in the last three games!
We are now 19th, two points off the relegation zone!
We look like a relegation team.
We have not signed a player other than a keeper on loan, since the week before our first pre season game v Rangers. End of July! I can only see loans coming in before the window shuts.
We've been outbid by national league clubs and small clubs for league two rated players.
We have 3000+ season tickets.
Our crowd for our first game at home was close to 7000!

Do you think that in the past couple of seasons that things aren't the way it should be? Many clubs are struggling for finance and depend on bums on seats to pay the bills. We are one of them. If our investors hadn't contributed to our club, we would be quite a few £million in debt and the bailiffs would be knocking on the front door.
We do have debt but offset that because of the asset of owning our ground and the council have loaned us the training ground, for a very long time.
The other thing is the club has had a clear out for the last three seasons.
Today, we only had two players on the pitch, who were part of the squad last season
Too many old players and too many youngsters. Not enough quality. We need at least four players of decent league two players, to have a chance at promotion!
And we cannot afford to do that!
For the first four games we have had two first year pros on the bench.
There is something going on at the club, the owners who micro manage the everyday goings on at the club are very quiet!
I think I've said that they are accountants and the turnover of staff is high.
Since the season started, the shop manager walked because of the ticketing system.
Two other shop staff have gone on to better employment and wages. But I know of others who have gone.

If we win our next game, things will be rosy again (ha!)

C'mon FGR! And of course dirty Leeds!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had a lovely meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Back on the road for the last leg of the journey.

Really didn't expect you to lose today @Lamont D
I think Covid has changed alot of things. I expect some players are more fatigued then they should be thanks to long covid.... even if they didn't know they had covid at the time. That's bound to affect performance.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well what else can I say. We WOOOONNNN again. Absolutly blasted them back down that motorway with a 4-0 drubbing. Shot us up to 4th place. I just hope we can keep that up and finish in the play offs. We have certainly earned our break now. Next match is 11th September down at Stoke.

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
At this moment in time, we are going down (again!) The reason why is we have not got a team to keep us up!

Happy anniversary @zand.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well what else can I say. We WOOOONNNN again. Absolutly blasted them back down that motorway with a 4-0 drubbing. Shot us up to 4th place. I just hope we can keep that up and finish in the play offs. We have certainly earned our break now. Next match is 11th September down at Stoke.
I'm glad someone is winning! Pleased for you John.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well Leeds got a point at Burnley. Really glad we equalised to save me from having 3 losses this weekend.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck to all those playing today. Our lads are enjoying a break while England slog it out. They had a good win on Thursday night. Hopefully they'll beat Poland on Weds night. I see they have Andorra tomorrow teatime.

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Last minute winner, the other 89 minutes were awful, too old, too slow, and too many new players, it was smash and grab.
Still, a win is a win, is a win and three points!