"A new you in 42"

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
...did my thirty minutes brisk walk yesterday in my lunch hour.....I bought a pedometer last week and was going to wear it all day yesterday to see how many steps I was doing but counted fifty steps and it said 128!!! ...serves me right for buying a cheap one, don't think I'll bother with another....:rolleyes:

Where were you wearing it? Apparently near the chest can cause wobbles that give you extra steps for free.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have done my walk today but not the ironing because I have had lots of other stuff to do. I will do it this evening though.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
30 minute walk along seafront and a jaunt round Morrisons, again.- I'm going to have to dig the garden up and plant lettuce as I'm eating my bodyweight in it.

Reactions: 2 people

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had a mate who had the stepcounter on her blouse and if she didn't like the total she would do this cracking shimmie to get up to her total.
She classed shimmieing as exercise - looked a bit like a tsunami tbh - slim body with massive ...........

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I stupidily decided to try Holland and barratt green tea super diet tablets. Well they probably make you loose weight because they make you feel hyper and sick. .

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
todays exercise was geocaching, what an awesome excuse to exercise my youngest LOVED IT!! and we actually found the treasure in the woods, we then tried to find one in a church but alas that will have to wait until another day. please have a look if you like www.geocaching.com you basically try to find a hidden package using gps on your phone or anything else that has gps i suppose and read the clues, which contains stuff and a little book that you sign and date, then click "found it" on the app and leave a message, its great

Thankyou @copepod what an awesome idea, we will be geocaching our head off at the weekends, exercise for all of us :)

Reactions: 6 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
todays exercise was geocaching, what an awesome excuse to exercise my youngest LOVED IT!! and we actually found the treasure in the woods, we then tried to find one in a church but alas that will have to wait until another day. please have a look if you like www.geocaching.com you basically try to find a hidden package using gps on your phone or anything else that has gps i suppose and read the clues, which contains stuff and a little book that you sign and date, then click "found it" on the app and leave a message, its great

Thankyou @copepod what an awesome idea, we will be geocaching our head off at the weekends, exercise for all of us :)
That sounds like awesome fun! Do you do it with lots of people? Are paintball guns involved?:)

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just filled myself up with about a squillion calories of recovery drink after an hour's hilly cycle followed by a 15minute run. Tomorrow I shall mostly be crawling.:wacky:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Just filled myself up with about a squillion calories of recovery drink after an hour's hilly cycle followed by a 15minute run. Tomorrow I shall mostly be crawling.:wacky:

bought my special shoes today and my new road bike comes out from its service in the morning so im all guns a blazing from tommorow in training for box hill :) my "friend" is going to do it too

Reactions: 4 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One hour walk with the dog this morning and 30 minutes ironing this evening. I also did a few minutes on the cross trainer, not many but it's a start!

Reactions: 5 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Just did 20 minutes of nightie dancing as it is raining outside. Add that to lunchtime jaunt. Job done.