"A new you in 42"

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
Didn't do the 30 min walk today - but I hope I am excused. Instead I did 5 hours worth of garden work (lovely spring day here in Denmark). For proof I can show my very dirty finger nails! - if you wish to come around, that is ... - Cannot do proper garden work with gloves on ....

annelise

Reactions: 2 people

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just worked out why I struggled to find this thread, it's under "Type 2 with Insulin"!

Anyway, I managed a 45 minutes walk at lunchtime which is pretty much the same as I've managed on most days for the last year.

Reactions: 4 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
I did a two hour walk - won't be the same every day but gonna do my best.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Was planning some mowing this evening, but it looks like there is a big storm a brewin' :wideyed:

Settled on 20 minutes of nightie dancing instead (plus the 15 minute walk earlier). Easy peasy, just close the curtains, put earphones in, pop your iPod in your bra and you're off!

Hats off to @Mrs Vimes I have heard that "the shred" is murder :eek:

I'm only on level 1 of the shred. Did have to stop due to lack of breathing though!

Nightie dancing sounds brill.

Your big storm? Ours started about an hour and a half ago and just seems to be fizzling out. You up north?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Didn't do the 30 min walk today - but I hope I am excused. Instead I did 5 hours worth of garden work (lovely spring day here in Denmark). For proof I can show my very dirty finger nails! - if you wish to come around, that is ... - Cannot do proper garden work with gloves on ....

annelise
5 hours gardening is more than enough exercise for 1 day. Did you watch Eurovision?

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Im in Ayrshire and we that THE BEST thunder and lightening that I have ever seen .Amazing

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
5 hours gardening is more than enough exercise for 1 day. Did you watch Eurovision?
Jamrox, I do not know which Eurovision you are thinking about? But if you are referring to the European song contest in Copenhagen: a big yes! And I loved the winner. - By the way, my son - who is rather cool and not into this - admitted that for the first time in his life he had voted (and for the winner).

annelise

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I'm in, already done 2 x 30 minute walks today (on holiday, avoiding big thunderstorms this afternoon here too in North Wales).

Mine will be brisk walks mainly, with some garden digging. Hopefully will get a rowing machine before the 42 days are up, but I did dig out the Reebok Step from the garage - anyone remember those? I might even have the video that came with it somewhere ...

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Annelise Im a huge Eurovision song contest fan. The winning song was like a James Bond song. It was ok . I loved the Malta song.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I'm in, already done 2 x 30 minute walks today (on holiday, avoiding big thunderstorms this afternoon here too in North Wales).

Mine will be brisk walks mainly, with some garden digging. Hopefully will get a rowing machine before the 42 days are up, but I did dig out the Reebok Step from the garage - anyone remember those? I might even have the video that came with it somewhere ...

Great sanguine glad to have you on board.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
*****WORD OF CAUTION****
My friend and I went for a walk yesterday lunchtime. She is now in hospital after a cardiac spasm.
She has been having these and didn't tell anyone. She s ok now.
PLEASE if you are having any health problems go and see your gp before you do any exercise.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
...did my thirty minutes brisk walk yesterday in my lunch hour.....I bought a pedometer last week and was going to wear it all day yesterday to see how many steps I was doing but counted fifty steps and it said 128!!! ...serves me right for buying a cheap one, don't think I'll bother with another....:rolleyes:

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
60 min bike ride yesterday in the sun. Not sure what the plan is for today.

Reactions: 3 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Got up early for another run. Might have to mix it up over the next few days with a bit of cycling, or a Cindy Crawford workout (boy that's showing my age!)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Just back from a 20 minute jaunt around the block then once around a different block, so a kind of figure of eight shaped trip. Like a honey bee.

I think I will enjoy these lunchtime walks. I was close to punching someone at work so getting out for a breather was quite handy :woot:

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Only 80 minute walk today but better that I usually manage and only 40 days to go.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Did a 40 min walk today - to my shopping centre and back. A few years ago, one of my sons thought he needed my car more than I did as his had gone bust (guess he was right! - I had retired from work life then. - I will go out shortly to do some more pruning in my garden - lovely evening here - will at least keep me on my feet.

annelise