"A new you in 42"

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, so I did my usual walk this morning and have done the 30 minutes ironing. 41 days to go!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I have just clocked up my first 15 minutes with a lunchtime walk. Due to my anxiety, I rarely walk anywhere myself without freaking out. My first lap around the block at work was a bit wobbly, the second lap was a lap of honour lol I have to pass my doctor's surgery on the route, but fortunately I didn't need to pop in for a valium or a defribrillator. Go me! Back at my desk now having a lovely lunch :)

Reactions: 6 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Yippee we are offf the marks.
I have just done a 40 minute lunchtime walk ( I work flexi time so came in early ) . Day 1 complete.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
20mins run so far - I will make up the rest walking the dogs later this afternoon.!
Loving this! :D

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6 minutes on exercise bike then 25 minutes hoovering the stairs and bedrooms( it was hard work as I've been skivving off doing them whilst we have builders in) then 25 minute walk round town.

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Fantastic everyone. We have done the hard bit and got off our bums. How are you all feeling?

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good and bad today...I didn't use the cross trainer but I did walk 30 minutes to Durham Cathedral to see hubbie and boys singing evensong then 30 minutes back to the car And Durham is very hilly!

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I walked up to the Cathedral from the cricket ground after last year's Miners' Gala. I can vouch it is very hilly. And I had to cross water over a bridge which is even worse than hills in my book.

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Was planning some mowing this evening, but it looks like there is a big storm a brewin' :wideyed:

Settled on 20 minutes of nightie dancing instead (plus the 15 minute walk earlier). Easy peasy, just close the curtains, put earphones in, pop your iPod in your bra and you're off!

Hats off to @Mrs Vimes I have heard that "the shred" is murder :eek:

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I only went cos they were singing and I thought I ought to support them:)
That sounds wonderful :) My daughter used to sing in a great choir, but she gave it up when she became a teenager.....too many unhealthy distractions.

(I read it that both you and ethyl had been today, but I now see that she went a while ago. Must polish my glasses.)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Aqualung that must have been amazing. I come from Burnopfield , near stanley . I moved years ago to Ayrshire .

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
We have just had the most amazing thunder storm I have ever seen . It's calming down but has lasted over 2 hours.