all is not well

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
i am home, after being in hospital for 12 days. I have my first oncology appointment on the 27th Feb. I still cant eat as i have no appetite and feel full after a few mouthfuls. I am keeping my fluids up. I would love to have you visit if it were possible xxx
How are you holding up @lucylocket61 ?
I hope things have been somewhat stable since you last posted.
Wish you all the best for your appointment on monday, please have another hug!

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thinking of you, and sending a couple of hugs. Hope you get the support you and your son need. The local council may be able to put a care package together linked to your recent discharge. My council were very helpful for my wife when she needed it. Are you on PIP or DLA? You may now benefit from attendance allowance in your own right.

I find doing jigsaws online is therapeutic for me. I just got the all clear from my lung cancer triage and CT scan - 40 years a smoker so that was good news for me.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thinking of you, and sending a couple of hugs. Hope you get the support you and your son need. The local council may be able to put a care package together linked to your recent discharge. My council were very helpful for my wife when she needed it. Are you on PIP or DLA? You may now benefit from attendance allowance in your own right.

I find doing jigsaws online is therapeutic for me. I just got the all clear from my lung cancer triage and CT scan - 40 years a smoker so that was good news for me.
I didn't know about your lung cancer. Many hugs x

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I've known of 3 people (2 friends of friends and my cousins wife) who had Immunotherapy. One of them had lung cancer. They all did very well with it. One of them said it was a tough treatment but worth it. The other 2 said it was fine.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I've known of 3 people (2 friends of friends and my cousins wife) who had Immunotherapy. One of them had lung cancer. They all did very well with it. One of them said it was a tough treatment but worth it. The other 2 said it was fine.
Thank you. Immunotherapy won't cure me, but hopefully it will give me a better quality of life and more time.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My thoughts and best wishes and my prayers for you as they have been as always and the treatment. May it be not that bad for you. Keep battling. Keep fighting,. Keep as well as you can. And tomorrow is going to be a better day. My best wishes @lucylocket61.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry for not replying, I didn't get email notifications. I have been offered immunotherapy. Anyone had this, or know someone who has? I am still trying to come to terms with things.
Have heard of someone who was given another month, two at most. (The stepfather of a friend.) Think we're a year or so down the road from that now, with no noticeable deterioration, so it's working for them. It's not a cure, but it is buying him good time.

If it's a chance at good quality and more quantity of life... You could always give it a go, see whether it suits and any drawbacks/side effects, if any, are acceptable.

HUGS,
Jo

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. Immunotherapy won't cure me, but hopefully it will give me a better quality of life and more time.
Have you made a decision? I’ll confess I have no idea of what’s involved pros or cons but you have a choice there I guess if you decide you want it. When will you start if you go ahead?

How are you and the family coping? I hope you’re getting so quality time together to help you all get through these dark days and see some sunshine at least sometimes. Are you able to do things that give you joy?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you made a decision? I’ll confess I have no idea of what’s involved pros or cons but you have a choice there I guess if you decide you want it. When will you start if you go ahead?

How are you and the family coping? I hope you’re getting so quality time together to help you all get through these dark days and see some sunshine at least sometimes. Are you able to do things that give you joy?
I am going ahead with the immunotherapy. I am scared, but its my only option of treatment. The potential side effects look grim, but then, the side effects listed on any medication look grim too.

At the moment we are just existing, going from one appointment to the other. Yesterday I started meds for my anxiety so I just have to wait for them to start working in a couple of weeks. Hubby is getting tired and struggling a bit so I have asked for help for him.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am going ahead with the immunotherapy. I am scared, but its my only option of treatment. The potential side effects look grim, but then, the side effects listed on any medication look grim too.

At the moment we are just existing, going from one appointment to the other. Yesterday I started meds for my anxiety so I just have to wait for them to start working in a couple of weeks. Hubby is getting tired and struggling a bit so I have asked for help for him.
Here’s hoping the meds help and allow you some better times between the difficult ones. And that your hubby can get some support too

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Lucy, I think anyone living with a life limiting diagnosis has to go through a period of adjustment. It's a big thing, and a very challenging scenario of anyone to come to terms with.

I think we all think we know what we would do if x, y or z happened to us, but we don't, but I do like to think my over-arching view would be that I would try to come to a place of accepting I'd be living with whatever condition, rather than I would be dying from it, even if the latter could the longer term outlook.

Good luck with the treatment. I would urge you to take whatever opportunities there are out there for your life to be comfortable, and to enable you to make positive memories, even in the darker days.