1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anyone doin One Meal a Day (OMAD)

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by rab5, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Spl@

[email protected] Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

I do one meal a day, but lately I have found that I need something, bulletproof coffee or such or the hunger gets quite unpleasant.

My weight is starting to reach the point where I will be lower than I want. Also i'm having to be careful with the evening meal. Putting enough fat and protein in sometimes upsets my family.

Made a lovely curry the other night, (no rice, cauli and broccoli for me) all low carb, worked out at around 30 carbs all in before divvying up the portions, lots of cream 4%, coconut milk4%, mince beef20% and pork. Spices, Plenty of butter. Next day I was on fire. Blasted the day.

Everybody else apparently was on the express loo!

2. Bewildered

Bewildered Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Wow I’m still trying to learn, after reading about type 2 and then having my diagnosis changed. What do people eat as their one meal? And how do you transition to this?

3. Ushthetaff

Ushthetaff Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I do it but it’s about the size of 3 normal meals, I don’t do breakfast ever but do eat dinner sometimes , and tea well that’s the big meal of the day my weight is totally stationary, it always has been , i am really lucky I eat enough for an army but don’t put weight on . I have the same size waist now as I had when I was 18 , it’s not a planned diet to be honest it’s just the way it is .

4. cdpm

cdpm Type 2 · Well-Known Member

on my 3rd day of omad now

it depends on my blood sugars if im to continue or not
    ive recently like in the last few days
    dropped from 10 to 12 fasting to less than 6
    with no apparent reason
    so idk if its going to stay steady or keep going down
    as there was no known reason to be in the 10 to 12 fasting( for a few months steady)
    i have no clue what its doing( i didnt have enuf strips to see but now i have a libre)
    but i hope to be able to stay with omad

5. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Great work! If you feel it’s sustainable, continue on while monitoring. Lots of IF plans, so if you feel off, tryout another or make adjustments.

6. Lilylala

Lilylala · Well-Known Member

Been omad since 1/2/20 was taking humulin m 3 , 30 am/pm now only 16 pm. bs at start 10 am 8 pm now 7 am 5 pm lost 35 lb typical omad meal meat and salad veg , treat at weekend takeaway kebab / curry / Chinese.since the start only had a few hypos but not totally been insulin free don't think I ever will be.

7. cdpm

cdpm Type 2 · Well-Known Member

it worries me something that i heard dr fung say in one of his videos
    idk if he talks about omad or not
    but he has nice fasting videos
    and in one im almost sure i heard him say that people get
    complications even with good blood sugars or bad ones when diabetic
    if i heard that right then it appears theres nothing we can do
    we dont need good numbers
    or all the struggle it takes to achieve them
    please tell me im wrong and
    i heard that wrong

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook