Birmingham Event Saturday 1st Sept Was A Great Success I'm Very Happy To Say

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
PR - OUR EPIC JOURNEY
PR - OUR STORIES - OUR JOURNEY TO GETTING OUR VOICES HEARD
PR - THE ONLY WAY IS UP
PR - HOLLY AND PHIL WE ARE COMING TO JOIN YOU, HOPE YOU HAVE A BIG SOFA, THERE'S A LOT OF US!
PR - HOW WE ARE GETTING OUR PLIGHT ACROSS

Any ideas for the thread title anyone?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m so sorry i missed out on the Birmingham get together. Definitely will moved heaven and earth to get to the next one. It’s great how well it went and that the ball is gathering pace. My signature now reflects my first three months achievements if that helps add to the success stories. I need to do some before and during pics (I’m not done yet though).

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m so sorry i missed out on the Birmingham get together. Definitely will moved heaven and earth to get to the next one. It’s great how well it went and that the ball is gathering pace. My signature now reflects my first three months achievements if that helps add to the success stories. I need to do some before and during pics (I’m not done yet though).

You have done amazingly well. Would love to add your story. It's not all about teaching the end goal. Just about the journey. Helping as many as we can en route. If you would like to write up a little something that would be great. A4 size. Short or long. :)

Reactions: Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PR - OUR EPIC JOURNEY
PR - THE ONLY WAY IS UP
PR - HOLLY AND PHIL WE ARE COMING TO JOIN YOU, HOPE YOU HAVE A BIG SOFA, THERE'S A LOT OF US!
PR - HOW WE ARE GETTING OUR PLIGHT ACROSSAny ideas for the thread title anyone?

The second one.

Oh my goodness, the Independent. A fantastic paper. Good luck for this afternoon. Not that you will need it. You are a wonderful advocate. I will add that to the ever growing list of PR successes once you give me the go ahead. Maybe it needs it's own thread. What do you think. So we can add links in for all to see. That could also inspire others. @Rachox @shelley262 your thoughts appreciated.

Chatted to them this afternoon - wasn’t sure how it had gone as she sounded a bit rushed/disinterested but Natalie in the Diabetes.co.uk press office says they’re going to run the story. It will be in the ‘I’ rather than the main Independent. Just talking to the journalist reinforced the huge task - so little knowledge and a lot of preconceptions. One of her opening questions was about what I thought caused the diabetes - was it just bad habits?!! Cue comments about blame, obesity as a symptom not a cause etc. Will be interested to see what comes out.

@Debandez if you have time when in London on 5th October, get in touch and maybe we can grab a coffee.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
PR - OUR EPIC JOURNEY
PR - THE ONLY WAY IS UP

I agree with @Goonergal , the second one :)

Reactions: Debandez

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PR - OUR EPIC JOURNEY
PR - THE ONLY WAY IS UP

Agree with the others: the second one.

@Goonergal do you know when your story will run in ‘i’ ?

Reactions: Debandez

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Just catching up with this thread. Wowsers! Thanks and Congratulations go to you all.

It's an old adage but an apt one for your journey.... Mighty oaks from little acorns grow.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The second one.

Chatted to them this afternoon - wasn’t sure how it had gone as she sounded a bit rushed/disinterested but Natalie in the Diabetes.co.uk press office says they’re going to run the story. It will be in the ‘I’ rather than the main Independent. Just talking to the journalist reinforced the huge task - so little knowledge and a lot of preconceptions. One of her opening questions was about what I thought caused the diabetes - was it just bad habits?!! Cue comments about blame, obesity as a symptom not a cause etc. Will be interested to see what comes out.

@Debandez if you have time when in London on 5th October, get in touch and maybe we can grab a coffee.

There is a lot of ignorance out there @Goonergal but each time we get something out there to raise awareness it helps, even if it is in a small way. It's all good. Will they show you before it goes to print? Neither of my articles were shown to me but I was happy with both so that's good. I would absolutely love to meet up on 5th. I arrive about 10am and leave about 5.30. They have sent me my train tickets already. Will hopefully get more details soon and can let you know the plans when I do :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just catching up with this thread. Wowsers! Thanks and Congratulations go to you all.

It's an old adage but an apt one for your journey.... Mighty oaks from little acorns grow.
They certainly do. Love that expression.

Reactions: Guzzler

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok so today I received a reply from my DN (See above). It's looking promising, I'm invited to a clinical meeting to discuss the info I dropped off at the surgery.That's our inspirational stories booklet, 100 stone lost and kicked diabetes butt, blood sugar leaflet, low carb recipe and info booklet and the 1936 guidelines for treating diabetes. I'm.delighted and wanted to share the good news. I will give an update asap.

From DN:

Once everyone (All GCPs in 2 x surgeries = 10) has looked at the information I could gather thoughts together and email you with them if that’s ok ?

We could discuss at a clinical meeting once people have read documents.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok so today I received a reply from my DN (See above). It's looking promising, I'm invited to a clinical meeting to discuss the info I dropped off at the surgery.That's our inspirational stories booklet, 100 stone lost and kicked diabetes butt, blood sugar leaflet, low carb recipe and info booklet and the 1936 guidelines for treating diabetes. I'm.delighted and wanted to share the good news. I will give an update asap.

From DN:

Once everyone (All GCPs in 2 x surgeries = 10) has looked at the information I could gather thoughts together and email you with them if that’s ok ?

We could discuss at a clinical meeting once people have read documents.

Great news @Debandez look,forward to hearing how you get on.