Birmingham Event Saturday 1st Sept Was A Great Success I'm Very Happy To Say

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting I have just trawled through the DCUK facebook page and the low carb prog facebook page but can't find the piece..
It popped up briefly on my Facebook as a sponsored post, I couldn’t find out how to link it here. Now I can’t find it again :(

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It popped up briefly on my Facebook as a sponsored post, I couldn’t find out how to link it here. Now I can’t find it again :(

Yes, I think it was an advert. I’ve spent so long training Facebook not to put adverts on my feed I rarely see them now. Wouldn’t have minded this one!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
AA43CCB7-562A-4DF8-8E78-C1F5D9CA15A3.jpeg
Today’s pic of the Birmingham event on Facebook. It’s another sponsored post so I’m unable to provide a link. But here’s a screen shot. I’ve added my two pennyworth to the comments!

Reactions: Jemz

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a wonderful event and how I wish I could have joined you all ...

caroline_92

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems to me it is the juxtaposition of the 10 week programme and our overall weight loss that is causing the issues. Clearly we didn’t lose all our weight in 10 weeks!
I actually also found the low carb programme frustratingly slow with modules only unlocked on a weekly basis so it would take someone quite a while to get up to full speed low carb...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It seems to me it is the juxtaposition of the 10 week programme and our overall weight loss that is causing the issues. Clearly we didn’t lose all our weight in 10 weeks!
I actually also found the low carb programme frustratingly slow with modules only unlocked on a weekly basis so it would take someone quite a while to get up to full speed low carb...

I agree it’s frustrating, I would have preferred it if each stage just unlocked as you completed the previous one. I found out a lot of the info in the later stages from other sources in the meantime, waiting for the next stage to open!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5B8C717C-ADA3-4239-A51D-7FB8EC431B5A.jpeg
The Facebook post that @carol43 mentioned in post #56 just appeared on my Facebook again. There is some confusion about how long our weight loss was over. However I have clarified my personal stats on there now :)

Reactions: DJC3

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
I would rather comment on how
fantastic u all look and congratulate on how much weight u have lost weather it took 10 weeks or 10 months does it matter the result is the same dont be in a hurry to look a certain way u look amazing feel healthy and inspire people to get control there own weight and b/s
Thats what matters

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would rather comment on how
fantastic u all look and congratulate on how much weight u have lost weather it took 10 weeks or 10 months does it matter the result is the same dont be in a hurry to look a certain way u look amazing feel healthy and inspire people to get control there own weight and b/s
Thats what matters

What a lovely thing to say @david0779 , spot on xx

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A great big thank you to everyone who attended and took time to chat to me.
Perfect event for a new starter like me
I am wiser and more motivated for it. I hope to keep hold of those feelings and share some progress in the future

It was lovely to meet you too. So glad you got something out of it. There was plenty of time to chat. I wasn't sure how it would go as DCUK were running it. But I was very happy with everything :) especially the 100% turnout. Amazing the lengths everyone went to.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick update on my levels, after advise from several of you long term, experienced low carbers I started an egg/protein week. My fasting level on Sunday Morning was 9.5 this morning it was 5.5! Long live the egg (Pity I can't keep chickens) and I'm loving the mysugr app. I've loaned my Inspirational stories book to a work friend who's T2 to try and get her on board too.
Brilliant!!! What a difference in just a week! That is amazing. The new way of eating obviously suits you. You can't beat an egg (well you can haha). I love mysugr too. It really is a great guide to how things are going. The inspirational stories booklet is powerful. I'm going to chase up with DCUK where they are up to with their editing. I can't wait to see their completed version and see it posted on all DCUK sites. Spread the word.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Diabetes.co.uk
SpSonSsoSredS
·
Discover the 10-week Low Carb Program, personalised to you and your health:

⚕️ Developed with doctors and nutritionists
Trouble-free tracking to help you manage your weight
Easy, healthy and wholesome recipes tailored to you

40506964_6110398254416_1086612127294160896_n.png.jpg

LOWCARBPROGRAM.COM
Feel healthier in just 10 weeks
10 weeks of small changes/ Scrumptious food. Community

Comments

Most relevant

Linda George
You don't lose that much weight in 10 weeks by going low carb.
Manage

· Reply · 3h

Abi Howell
You can lose as much as 3 stone but you’d have to be in ketosis- which I’m pretty sure is not recommended for type 1 diabetics?!!
Manage

· Reply · 3h

Linda George
Abi, they say small changes, in ten weeks you wouldn't lose that much to make your clothes to be enormous as they are in that photo.
Manage

· Reply · 3h

Abi Howell
No, some of those photos are after 6 months, that’s why- the headline is misleading with the photos
Manage

· Reply · 3h

Linda George
I can't read the article as it wants me to register to get started.
Manage

· Reply · 3h

Abi Howell
It’s not the best, you’re missing nothing

I couldn't think of another way to show it but copy and paste.

I do think the headline could have been clearer. But what a great photo that shows how amazing the LCHF woe is. Real people showing personal results. Fantastic. And just a few of the very many who have succeeded :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree it’s frustrating, I would have preferred it if each stage just unlocked as you completed the previous one. I found out a lot of the info in the later stages from other sources in the meantime, waiting for the next stage to open!

Did you get chance to feed that nack to them @Rachox and @caroline_92 ? Sounds like it needs a tweak.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Any publicity is good publicity they say! If it gets diabetes discussed it's good in my book. We all look so well. I love this photo. It shows just how far we have all come on this journey. I hope the PR exercise will work well for us and for helping to make changes. The plan is to be on BBC news within 12 months. There are already members of the forum who are managing to get the LCHF word out there in various ways, radio, magazine articles and newspapers. It's fantastic.

This week I'm on a mission to get stats. After my dr told me I would have had the same results with lowering hba1c to non diabetic levels with a low fat/ low cal diet I aaked my gp surgery to confirm just how many pts had actually done it. It appears I'm the only one apart from post bariatric surgery patients!!! This does not support my Drs statement but reaffirms they are still dishing out wrong advice.

So today I'm writing to nhs England under the freedom of information act 2000 in the hope that they can provide me with the stats I need. I'm going to see what they come back with. If I don't get any joy I'm going to email every local gp surgery for their stats. I think we all know what the results will be but I want it in writing. Building up a case.

Reactions: DJC3 and Jemz

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Spreading the word. I'm in this month's edition of Hello! I wish. It's in the lesser spotted Northern Life mag September edition. Telephone interview. I sent editor some pics that the local photographer did free for me when I hit 50lb loss. I love the way they have me juggling the low carb foods I said I ate! Chicken, bacon, chocolate covered strawberries, cheese, steak, eggs brilliant. She really listened in the interview. I'm thrilled. Great article. It's going in my 'right I'm back to the gp again' folder with the inspirational stories and 100 stone lost doc. Not quite ready for the appointment yet. Still building amo! Will post pictures later but have to resize and struggling to get them small enough with pic stitch!