Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everybody! :)

Please keep the civil discussion at maximum & the "drum & base" bickering to a minimum.

Peace out.

& thanks mutchly. :cool:

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Muddikins

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The OED defines poison as: 'A substance that is capable of causing the illness or death of a living organism when introduced or absorbed.'
So when I say that carbs are poisonous to me I am semantically correct and see no reason to alter my language because they do cause me to become ill, that is why I am on the forum in the first place.
Were I allergic to peanuts, for example, it would also be linguistically correct to say that they too were poisonous to me but it would be clealy absurd to suggest that they were poisonous to everyone not sharing that same allergy.
Language is important or people take offence but if the language is correct and people take offence then so be it.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The OED defines poison as: 'A substance that is capable of causing the illness or death of a living organism when introduced or absorbed.'
So when I say that carbs are poisonous to me I am semantically correct and see no reason to alter my language because they do cause me to become ill, that is why I am on the forum in the first place.
Were I allergic to peanuts, for example, it would also be linguistically correct to say that they too were poisonous to me but it would be clealy absurd to suggest that they were poisonous to everyone not sharing that same allergy.
Language is important or people take offence but if the language is correct and people take offence then so be it.
You know what? I cannot fault that.

Nice hound btw.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No need both types are already competing at the same games. Stephen Phinney has stated many times that he cannot disclose some names he trains, I cannot site another trainer off the top of my head who trains Olympic level athletes, I do recall she was on a panel of around 6 in this space answering end of session questions.

I can talk from personal experience as a once elite level Karate man (former British champ). Keto adapted training for strength and endurance is superior in my view. For short explosive bursts such as 60, 100 and 200 metres, carb based performance I feel shades it, due to the immediacy of the glucose (if ultimate tenth of a second performance is required)...having said that Dr Shawn Baker recently won a world event his age group for a glycolytic rowing event, and in contrast Zach Bitter gained 2 world records, 1 was for running 100 miles in the quickest time. For those who don't know Shaw does full carnivore, Zach uses carnivore / high fatstrategically for optimum recovery.

For some reason beyond me, many back to back tests outside of Volek and Phinney compare persons who are carb burners with persons who have transitioned to the diet for the trial, rather than allowing several months for Keto adaption.
Hi Master Mbaker @Mbaker , my 6 yo took her first Taekwondo (Korean Karate) grading today and passed. So she is coming after you. :D

She was fuelled up on a combo of fried pork and rice. :D

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Master Mbaker @Mbaker , my 6 yo took her first Taekwondo (Korean Karate) grading today and passed. So she is coming after you. :D

Well done to your daughter

Reactions: Listlad

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets

Massive congratulations to her, you must be so proud. Hardly fair, she's got 45 years on me, and I did caveat that I was "once" a champ, 24 years have since passed.

Reactions: Listlad

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Massive congratulations to her, you must be so proud. Hardly fair, she's got 45 years on me, and I did caveat that I was "once" a champ, 24 years have since passed.
Thanks. It was a very enjoyable evening. Great for children.

Reactions: Robinredbreast