Chat for ASD families

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Thanks Anne, I will. I just spoke to him about it and after I pointed out his symptoms he agreed to have the test done. Our doctors surgery is closed at weekends so I'm going to ring them first thing on Monday morning

Reactions: 2 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good luck with the tests and lots of hugs for both of you xx

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Good luck with the tests and lots of hugs for both of you xx
Thanks, we talked about it more when I got back from my voluntary work. He likes to be kept well informed so I told him about the changes I've made to my diet and the effect it's had on me, he said it will be a challenge but he will give it his best shot. He's already drastically cut down on the amount of sugar in his diet because he has problems with his teeth

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
He sounds like a son you can be proud of! My hubby has just left with our autistic son, he was in good form today rearranging any ornament or bit of furniture that was an inch out of alignment :) I'm off for a shower with the smellies I was given at Christmas then into my robe ready to watch The Voice and Casualty -what a truly exciting life we "autistic mums" lead

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lol I know! DS is going to a valentines dance at his old college tonight so it's a cup of tea and Shetland for me!

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Diamum5972 good lick with the blood test, at least he is willing to go, my son would run the other other way.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well he's had another letdown. His friend had invited him to the dance, not realising that the college had changed its rules. Ex students are now not allowed to come to college events, only current students :( He got absolutely soaked and is now on a downer so I'm going to give him some tlc

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Aw poor dc what a disappointment for him. Hugs

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks everyone for your support, he was feeling a little better when he went to bed. We're visiting mum today so he can play ancient PS2 games with my brothers :) I also got soaked yesterday on my way back from my voluntary work so I'm feeling a bit sniffly, but the bonus is I got a second hand washing machine from work. It's a Zanussi and with my discount I got it for £60! Smug face :D

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You deserve a bargain! I often find when times are tough something lovely comes to me unexpectedly Do you?

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You deserve a bargain! I often find when times are tough something lovely comes to me unexpectedly Do you?
Yep, mum's favourite phrase is every cloud has a silver lining and it was certainly true in this case.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats a good deal, my washer is in the process of packing up and I already know the repairs will cost a lot :(

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thats a good deal, my washer is in the process of packing up and I already know the repairs will cost a lot :(
Oh no! Sometimes the repairs can cost more than a reconditioned one. It's worth checking out the BHF, if you look on the website you can see if there's a furniture store near you and we deliver 7 days a week. Sorry, I've finished my sales pitch now!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Now that's what I would call customer service :):):)

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That would be great, will you give me a good postage rate :D

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
This is the day we have our lovely boy, going up the coast this morning. Picnic lunch packed, 2p & 10p pieces for the amusement arcade, tea in the flask for Dad and Mum and its....flipping raining! Ah well, here goes. Have a great day everryone

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This is the day we have our lovely boy, going up the coast this morning. Picnic lunch packed, 2p & 10p pieces for the amusement arcade, tea in the flask for Dad and Mum and its....flipping raining! Ah well, here goes. Have a great day everryone
Lol! enjoy your day Anna, it's traditional for it to be chucking it down when you go to the seaside :) I used to love playing the 2p machines as well, I would spend hours on them!